Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There isn't necessarily anything that had to be fixed. For example Green says that refinement of range predictions were a big thing in 2022.20.7:

Refinement of range predictions could be a significant fix if there was a flaw in the new algorithms.

People rely on those calculations to make it to their next charging stop, and could be stranded if the new logic overestimates their range.

Hmmm, including tire pressure in the range estimate calculations could introduce inaccuracy for those of us living/driving in higher elevations since the TPMS system does not seem to adjust for the decreased pressure at altitude. Certainly not quickly, anyway.

I moved from sea level to the mountains and my car’s TPMS has indicated tire pressures ~1.5-2 psi below the actual pressures as read with a gauge ever since (TPMS was accurate at sea level). I was told by a tire shop this is common with the Teslas they see, and confirmed by another M3 owner that happened to be there at the same time.

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer
Hmmm, including tire pressure in the range estimate calculations could introduce inaccuracy for those of us living/driving in higher elevations since the TPMS system does not seem to adjust for the decreased pressure at altitude. Certainly not quickly, anyway.

I moved from sea level to the mountains and my car’s TPMS has indicated tire pressures ~1.5-2 psi below the actual pressures as read with a gauge ever since (TPMS was accurate at sea level). I was told by a tire shop this is common with the Teslas they see, and confirmed by another M3 owner that happened to be there at the same time.

They typically read within +/- 1.5 PSI.

New MYP owner here. The app on my iphone says it’s downloading, but it’s been 3 days and nothing is happening. On the screen, it’s says downloading software update 2022.20.6 but it’s only showing a green dot, 0 B/s
Ideas?
thanks, Mike

New MYP owner here. The app on my iphone says it’s downloading, but it’s been 3 days and nothing is happening. On the screen, it’s says downloading software update 2022.20.6 but it’s only showing a green dot, 0 B/s
Ideas?
thanks, Mike
Mine might be stuck at 50% in the app. I went to the car to check some navigation related things and noticed download speed was 0 B/s.

Never mind - I just got a notification that download is complete.

Last edited:
The last few updates do appear to pause or be delayed at the 50% point. But all have resumed and completed the download within an hour or so iirc. Progress bars do have a tendency to be woefully inaccurate - so I wouldn't be surprised to find that "50%" isn't 50%. Or that "50%" is the point that the download has completed, and the remaining time is consumed by a slow unpacking step.

Had a chance to try out a left turn lane with a turn arrow today. This particular intersection has the turn arrow go green about 10 seconds before the straight traffic turns green. It worked, it saw the green arrow & triggered the chime while the other lights were still red. I think someone mentioned that the car's turn signal has to be on too.

Reactions: Transformer
Recently-mentioned FM radio bugs seem to be fixed in 2022.20.6:
  • The next/previous button skip to the next/previous favorite, then wrap around to the first/last favorite. They don't jump to streaming audio.
  • All the HD channels are accessible in the list of Stations. They appear as entries in the station list:
Tesla FM radio.jpg

(I don't recall ever seeing a signal strength meter.)

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc

Really? I could see the pressure changing that much with temperature, put the pressure inside the tire should be the same, regardless of outside pressure. The tire will get a tiny bit bigger, theoretically (reduced pressure outside the tire) but not enough to register on a gauge.

Your manual gauge shows this to be true. Pressure is pressure inside the tire. TPMS measures pressure inside the tire, just like your gauge, not any differential in pressure inside to outside.

Reactions: RobK
Really? I could see the pressure changing that much with temperature, put the pressure inside the tire should be the same, regardless of outside pressure. The tire will get a tiny bit bigger, theoretically (reduced pressure outside the tire) but not enough to register on a gauge.
Actually the tire pressure goes up as you gain elevation. I think it goes up about 1 PSI per 2,500 feet of elevation gain. (As a traditional measure is the difference between inside and outside, and as you say the inside pressure doesn't change but the outside pressure goes down with elevation gain.)

Your manual gauge shows this to be true. Pressure is pressure inside the tire. TPMS measures pressure inside the tire, just like your gauge, not any differential in pressure inside to outside.

The problem is that a TPMS measures pressure differently. A traditional tire gauge, especially a mechanical one, measures the difference between inside and outside. The TPMS doesn't have access to outside pressure, so it has to take its measurement based on a fixed "outside" pressure. (That they likely set at equivalent to sea level.) Though the car's software could adjust for elevation.

Actually the tire pressure goes up as you gain elevation. I think it goes up about 1 PSI per 2,500 feet of elevation gain. (As a traditional measure is the difference between inside and outside, and as you say the inside pressure doesn't change but the outside pressure goes down with elevation gain.)

The problem is that a TPMS measures pressure differently. A traditional tire gauge, especially a mechanical one, measures the difference between inside and outside. The TPMS doesn't have access to outside pressure, so it has to take its measurement based on a fixed "outside" pressure. (That they likely set at equivalent to sea level.) Though the car's software could adjust for elevation.
Thanks for the clarification. Makes sense. This situation has confused me in other places too (canning pressure), and I wonder about TMPS in other places (bikes and stuff like that).

Away with poor wifi coverage at the moment, 2022.20.7 was downloaded through phone hotspot yesterday & installed overnight (was a couple versions back).
Install seems ok, but now the car tells me 2022.20.6 is available to download... I am genuinely confused? Thought the updates were cumulative?!

Away with poor wifi coverage at the moment, 2022.20.7 was downloaded through phone hotspot yesterday & installed overnight (was a couple versions back).
Install seems ok, but now the car tells me 2022.20.6 is available to download... I am genuinely confused? Thought the updates were cumulative?!
Definitely not "cumulative". I think you mean "monotonically increasing"?