Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently ‘apply brakes when regen is limited’ is being rolled out to more variants in later 2022.20 releases.

The option is under Controls > Pedals & Steering:

Anecdotal only but I feel like my car has been doing this for some time.

I tend to charge to 100%, once a week or so.

When I first got the car (Summer 2020), it was clearly apparent that there was no regen down to about 95%, and then it incrementally comes back. The car would coast if you came off the accelerator.

It hasn’t done that for some time. It feels the same at 100% as at lower batteries, which I assume must be the brake imitating the regen.

Anecdotal only but I feel like my car has been doing this for some time.

I tend to charge to 100%, once a week or so.

When I first got the car (Summer 2020), it was clearly apparent that there was no regen down to about 95%, and then it incrementally comes back. The car would coast if you came off the accelerator.

It hasn’t done that for some time. It feels the same at 100% as at lower batteries, which I assume must be the brake imitating the regen.
I think that was just Tesla tweaking regen, allowing more at a higher SOC. It is different to what they are now looking to implement.

Reactions: pow216 and Adopado
I got the green traffic light bong yesterday when, whilst sat at a red light the little green man on the traffic lights some 20 metres away came on.

Not that anyone would rely on this feature to determine whether or not it’s safe to proceed, but clearly if eap/ fsd for example were to be dependent on this signal to initiate forward movement it’s got a long way to go before it’s safe.

Has anyone on 2022.20.7 noticed the indicator 'clicking' noise has gone?

I am surprised by how annoying it is, as I keep thinking I am not indicating.
Hmmm now that you mention that, I noticed this morning that the click seemed much quieter than usual or maybe even non-existent but wasn't sure if that was just because I had my windows open so couldn't hear 🤔

Will need to listen out again soon.

I noticed update 2022.20.8 was trying to download tonight according to Teslafi but, like a few updates ago, it was stuck at the "waiting for WiFi" stage.
I just popped out to do a two-button reset and now the WiFi is available again and has downloaded 50% and seems to be stuck for a while.

Over the past few updates I've had either "waiting for WiFi" or "stuck at 50%" or flip a coin and download automagically followed by notification to install. Previous years updates were no trouble at all but more recent updates are troublesome - what are Tesla playing at?

I recall someone saying they always reset the car after an update regardless of whether or not it was "necessary" - does that improve things for the next update?

... And now I see the update never went beyond 50% and has now disappeared and I'm still on 2022.20.7 and no reference to download on Teslafi any more. Tesla giveth and taketh away. Weird or what??

Reactions: JIBYC
A few bits of anecdotal evidence on main site that several cases of stuck installs are occurring with cars plugged in and that unplugging immediately allows the install to continue.
My car struggled to download both 20.6 and 20.7 (neither of which I’ve installed) and on both occasions wasn’t plugged in. I just left it to sort itself out.

Every single update I've ever downloaded has stopped at 50% with a 0b/s download speed.

With 20.7 it was like this in the car via my hotspot after a drive. So I got out and left it like that with no WiFi connection. Then 20 mins later my app tells me it's ready to install.

It's like it's almost done at halfway, and is slowly verifying all the files before it alerts you that it's ready to install.

Reactions: Overworked
Update on my 2022.20.8 download is that it restarted itself a few hours later and a "software install" prompt was waiting for me when I woke up.
Kick-started the install and it completed no bother. Not looked to see what's changed yet.

I'm still curious about this "waiting for WiFi" message that's popped up on two non-consecutive downloads so far that seems to need a reboot to fix.

Looks like 20.7 might include undocumented GoM improvements?
Am on 20.7 and just did a long drive to the airport and back, so a good test of the new GoM. In short not very impressed, it guessed I’d arrive with 51% (from 90%) actually arrived with about 61% and I wasn’t driving cautiously. So it was out by about a third.

What I do love however is seeing the arrival % alongside the navigation, it becomes a bit of a game to get that to creep up (same as getting the time to creep down) - it’s almost like seeing the efficiency figures in the old v10 UI just with a bit of lag. Really like it

Am on 20.7 and just did a long drive to the airport and back, so a good test of the new GoM. In short not very impressed, it guessed I’d arrive with 51% (from 90%) actually arrived with about 61% and I wasn’t driving cautiously. So it was out by about a third.

What I do love however is seeing the arrival % alongside the navigation, it becomes a bit of a game to get that to creep up (same as getting the time to creep down) - it’s almost like seeing the efficiency figures in the old v10 UI just with a bit of lag. Really like it
I don’t think it’s the actual GoM that is affected. I believe that’s a fixed value and doesn’t vary based on driving style. However, the remaining % at the end of a trip is meant to be more accurate. (I know, I referenced the GoM in my post, mea culpa)

I'm probably an outlier but I'd prefer it showed how many miles of range was left when you reach the destination as I prefer miles than % at the top. I guess it should just show the same in both places, if you prefer miles, show miles, %, show % in both locations.

The 50% thing, I've heard it runs some sort of validation at that point, it must be something different than just the download sticking as lots of people report the pause bang on 50% but rarely at any other %.

There's a 2022.24 thread running now and the mechanical braking if regen isn't possible then is making a new appearance in the notes, but this time suggesting its a 2021_ MS and MX thing. I'm not sure anyone has seen any tangible release notes saying their car does it.

Reactions: Nick77 and goRt
The 50% thing, I've heard it runs some sort of validation at that point, it must be something different than just the download sticking as lots of people report the pause bang on 50% but rarely at any other %.
My guess is that the pause is whilst a parity check is carried out on the downloaded data to ensure that there has been no corruption. But I've no idea why it takes such a long time.