Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.28.1 — Official Release Notes and Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model Y didn't have anything about Alternate routes in the patch notes but when I plotted a test route I saw three available route choices.
Similar experience here - nothing in the release notes, but then it appeared.
Interestingly enough, plotting a route immediately after the upgrade only gave one option - but doing the same a few hours later showed the alternates.

Reactions: evannole
Similar experience here - nothing in the release notes, but then it appeared.
Interestingly enough, plotting a route immediately after the upgrade only gave one option - but doing the same a few hours later showed the alternates.

This happened to me as well (nothing in the release notes but it appeared later, unannounced, on my vehicle).

I only mention it because a little earlier in this thread I said my 2018 Model 3 didnt get the alternate routing feature, but it has it now.

What incantation do I need to utter to get 2022.28.x ? I’m in California, USA. Seems like a slow rollout from what I saw on a tracker. Been waiting patiently. I got a few 2022.24.x updates rather quickly a few weeks ago. Really looking forward to getting the games & using my retrofitted usb-c ports which support data since I have a road trip this weekend & am taking the kids.

What incantation do I need to utter to get 2022.28.x ? I’m in California, USA. Seems like a slow rollout from what I saw on a tracker. Been waiting patiently. I got a few 2022.24.x updates rather quickly a few weeks ago. Really looking forward to getting the games & using my retrofitted usb-c ports which support data since I have a road trip this weekend & am taking the kids.
I received my 2022 model s at the end of august with an older version (something with 105 in it but I don’t rec the specific version).
a couple weeks later I got 2022.26.x and and shortly after, 2022.26.y and a week or so I got 2022.28.2 (I think there was actually another 28 build in there before either 28.0 or 28.1).

I am similarly in California

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricAnt54
I may have stumbled on a quirk/scenario. The release notes say premium connectivity is required, which I don't have, however it was working at my home fine. I then tried to use it while out and it wouldn't offer me an alternate route. Got home and it worked again.

Long story short, after some testing, it only seems to work when connected via WiFi or I presume Premium connectivity.

I may have stumbled on a quirk/scenario. The release notes say premium connectivity is required, which I don't have, however it was working at my home fine. I then tried to use it while out and it wouldn't offer me an alternate route. Got home and it worked again.

Long story short, after some testing, it only seems to work when connected via WiFi or I presume Premium connectivity.
Sounds right.

I'd bet many more features come to premium connectivity, especially the Starlink stuff.

If that is true you could setup your tesla to use your phone wifi hotspot & that might enable the feature while you are not home.

If that is true you could setup your tesla to use your phone wifi hotspot & that might enable the feature while you are not home.
Yep, I may well do. I used to do that periodically for spotify, but it seems they killed that option in, I think, 2022.24. I guess they may do it here as well at some point, although making a sat nav feature a "premium" feature wouldn't make me feel good. I could understand it with Spotify as presumably there's a license fee per user.

Yep, I may well do. I used to do that periodically for spotify, but it seems they killed that option in, I think, 2022.24. I guess they may do it here as well at some point, although making a sat nav feature a "premium" feature wouldn't make me feel good. I could understand it with Spotify as presumably there's a license fee per user.

Doing that when on Tidal to get the highest level of sound. Download the music to the car and then do not need to be on at all.

Not necessarily. It used to be the case that you could get some Premium features when using Standard and WiFi, but today the only ones you can get that way are Caraoke and the web browser. The Connectivity support article (Connectivity) hasn’t been updated yet to specify if alternate routes are available with Standard over WiFi, but given the trend I doubt it. Try it and let us know.

Installed 2022.28.2 in my 2018 Model S the other night (had 24.8 previously). The next time I drove using navigation, I briefly saw alternate routes displayed, but then the car picked the route and the alternates disappeared, so they were only visible for a few seconds. How is this supposed to work?
When I navigate, it displays two or three routes, with its no. 1 suggestion outlined in red. To choose another, simply touch it.

Installed 2022.28.2 in my 2018 Model S the other night (had 24.8 previously). The next time I drove using navigation, I briefly saw alternate routes displayed, but then the car picked the route and the alternates disappeared, so they were only visible for a few seconds. How is this supposed to work?
Expand navigation directions and it will show you alternate routes.

• Helpful
Reactions: Transformer