Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity, if a RoRo uses nearly 2M gallons of maritime fuel for the Shanghai to Europe trip, divided by the c.5000 Teslas on board, how many miles would we need to cover on our ‘green’, electric cars to offset that vs a UK/EU built vehicle? 😀
Assuming an average of 40mpg for the average ICE car, 16,000 miles each at 5000 of us should do it!

Out of curiosity, if a RoRo uses nearly 2M gallons of maritime fuel for the Shanghai to Europe trip, divided by the c.5000 Teslas on board, how many miles would we need to cover on our ‘green’, electric cars to offset that vs a UK/EU built vehicle? 😀
Or compared to an ICE on top of the fuel for the ship immediately burning it's own dinosaurs, your Tesla will have immediate zero emission influence 😁

(sorry veering off topic... reeling things back in.........)

Reactions: mars101
RCC EUROPE - NEWS UPDATE (again) 😃

As predicted by Mr M

I'm hoping she drops her hook and a refuelling barge promptly turns up so she can suckle away for 8 hours or so and be on her way again.
I glanced up and sure enough, she's just this moment hauled up, speed 0kts, and dropped anchor. Her in transit symbol just changed to static, and looks like she's over near the 'Marina East' section of the coastline.

1653564909778.png

1653563954442.png

For a more referential map:

1653564201589.png

Hopefully a good sign things are going as predicted! Time for some suckling :)

Last edited:
Is your expectation there will be another …. wave ….. of hidden VIN matching once HORIZON LEADER sails?
Yes but if RCC EUROPE is primarily UK cars, I would expect HORIZON LEADER to be primarily EU cars.
If she heads to Koper she could be there by 18 Jun, but I'm hoping for another ship to do the final Koper run.

RCC EUROPE - NEWS UPDATE (again) 😃

As predicted by Mr M

I glanced up and sure enough, she's just this moment hauled up, speed 0kts, and dropped anchor. Her in transit symbol just changed to static, and looks like she's over near the 'Marina East' section of the coastline.

View attachment 808913

View attachment 808910
For a more referential map:

View attachment 808911

Hopefully a good sign things are going as predicted! Time for some suckling :)
God damn you guys are on it 🙌

Status
Not open for further replies.