Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed, and sorry to hear that.

Difficult to tell the difference between "improving data accuracy" (e.g. EDD narrowing) and "Gross incompetence" by either operator-error, or some poorly coded software in their back office systems.

Last car I bought had 4 invoices. Forgot the deposit. Removed that, but forgot the trade in. And so on. And a credit note for each such alteration.

If that happened in my organisation there would be blood on the carpet. The knock on effects from that proliferation of "transactions" causes all sorts of increased-cost-of-working. I remain surprised, over the years, as to how little Tesla has done to make their back office systems slick.

Tesla's sales invoices have to be manually generated for something simple like "Deposit exists" and "Trade in offer accepted"? Beggars belief.

That said, I have on more than one occasion assumed that "Posh accounting system data" would be accurate. Data feeds that I have taken from such systems have had "Postcode" containing anything from Surrey to "not sure" ... no idea why there would be absolutely diddly-squat data validation on such fields, in a high-end system. And I reckon Tesla will be using a "high end system"

I am very doubtful that there are "many" cars available this quarter. It could be that they are going to arrive very late for allocation to customers, and perhaps Tesla still want to do their normal "Convert every car to a sale" by quarter end (Twitter debacle not doing good things for share price, and investors will be taking Shanghai lockdown lost of production into account), so assuming there is a push to do that then order reallocation may be taking place ... Finance company? That one doesn't pay us fast enough. Pickup location - have we actually got Car Transporter available? Could it shift more cars to a closer location.

I remember somewhere (maybe Holland?) where they erected a tent on the quayside and anyone that could collect their car in the dying days of the quarter could have one! Shifted all the cars that quarter, and no car transporter costs!

But in spite all of that I still think it points to there being cars on the high seas for delivery at end of June ... just no idea which ones, yet.

For Tesla, its internally referred to Revenue hiding and Tax avoidance strategy by creating chaotic and confusing records which tally up to final credits in Tesla books (not the customer's). For many not all, there are multiple invoices and credit notes (up to 4 or 5) both prior to order and post-delivery of vehicle

For Tesla, its internally referred to Revenue hiding and Tax avoidance strategy by creating chaotic and confusing records which tally up to final credits in Tesla books (not the customer's). For many not all, there are multiple invoices and credit notes (up to 4 or 5) both prior to order and post-delivery of vehicle
You must be fun at conspiracy theory parties.

EDD 18-30 June for my Model Y in the UK. Tesla said that they are waiting on an update from the port at Shanghai around shipment. Until then, they said that they won’t be able to narrow down or confirm 100% of your delivery window. They also said that as soon as they have an update for this, they will have me matched to a vehicle, which will then allow them to confirm my car REG details.

When I spoke to Tesla they said that mine was still on the production line but 'should' be in the UK for late June. I am still trying to get used to the way Tesla work. It is definitely a unique way of providing cars...
They told you porkies. Tesla UK advisors have no more information than we do. You will get a different story depending on who you talk to there.

But it doesn't necessarily mean they are all for export (and what % of that is RHD)... Even if with the lockdown I doubt there are lot of people actively looking to buy cars in their domestic market right now...
That is correct, they have been shipping domestic cars the last few months. The Chinese forums have been tracking shipments like is done here

EDD 18-30 June for my Model Y in the UK. Tesla said that they are waiting on an update from the port at Shanghai around shipment. Until then, they said that they won’t be able to narrow down or confirm 100% of your delivery window. They also said that as soon as they have an update for this, they will have me matched to a vehicle, which will then allow them to confirm my car REG details.
How long does it usually take for a ship which carries Teslas to arrive in the UK from Shanghai? Thanks.

My brother received a text saying his black MYP is on the way to dubai jebel ali, but for mine i didnt receive anything which is a white MYP ordered same time. Asked tesla SA and he replied : ship transferring only black model Y … how credible is his reply? How does he know?

My brother received a text saying his black MYP is on the way to dubai jebel ali, but for mine i didnt receive anything which is a white MYP ordered same time. Asked tesla SA and he replied : ship transferring only black model Y … how credible is his reply? How does he know?

Waiting for a news article to confirm this but Shanghai made 26k cars since reopening.

Reactions: E_had
Status
Not open for further replies.