Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stalking new inventory, some China built M3s have appeared in Singapore with 16/17 May factory dates. Does that help with any shipping movements that are being tracked as a cross check? I notice one ship was due to stop in Singapore, looks like it may have dropped some cars off.

Would you kindly provide anything you have, photos, URL, etc confirming this. It would be interesting to see when these vehicles arriving in Singapore are actually released and delivered to customers

Would you kindly provide anything you have, photos, URL, etc confirming this. It would be interesting to see when these vehicles arriving in Singapore are actually released and delivered to customers
I saw them on Tesla-info as that’s the quickest way to switch countries, there were 3x RWD. Clicking through they look sold but you can still see the details. Here’s one of them

I saw them on Tesla-info as that’s the quickest way to switch countries, there were 3x RWD. Clicking through they look sold but you can still see the details. Here’s one of them

Approx factory gate 16-May-2022 (I assume means completed and left the factory on that date, can someone confirm)

Would that suggest it could be on RRC Europe and heading to Singapore now. If true, then she could be full of RHD cars.

EDIT: According to the internet (And these forums), Approx factory gate means date of when the car is finished its build/left the factory. Even if these cars are not on RCC Europe, it indicates that they have been making RHD cars.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toblerone
Over in Shanghai there is no sign of the lockdown being lifted anytime soon ...

Mr M : FWIW there is an article on Electrek May. 23rd 2022 7:00 am PT :

"Tesla is back to ramping up production at Gigafactory Shanghai. The automaker could reportedly be back to pre-shutdown level as soon as tomorrow and plans to ramp up to new records later this week.
Now in a new memo, the automaker says that it will ramp up daily output to 2,600 units as soon as Tuesday (via Reuters):

Tesla will more than double its daily output to 2,600 electric vehicles at its Shanghai plant from Tuesday, according to the memo detailing the plan. That compares to around 1,000 EVs produced on Monday, according to the memo, and would bring Tesla’s weekly output to nearly 16,000 units, the memo showed.

"

Promising that RHD vehicles have clearly escaped the Gigafactory, when I don't think anyone here was at all certain that any had.

Mr M : FWIW there is an article on Electrek May. 23rd 2022 7:00 am PT :

"Tesla is back to ramping up production at Gigafactory Shanghai. The automaker could reportedly be back to pre-shutdown level as soon as tomorrow and plans to ramp up to new records later this week.
Now in a new memo, the automaker says that it will ramp up daily output to 2,600 units as soon as Tuesday (via Reuters):

"
"It sets Tesla up for a good output in June, but the automaker has likely missed out on more than 60,000 vehicles during the second quarter due to the Gigafactory Shanghai shutdown."

That's a lot of disappointed Q2 customers!

Promising that RHD vehicles have clearly escaped the Gigafactory, when I don't think anyone here was at all certain that any had.
At least a good sign, now remains the question: will there be enough to fulfil all Q2 orders made in the UK...
Do we have any sense of numbers? Like how many orders targeted for delivery in Q2 vs how many ships needed to bring them all?

At least a good sign, now remains the question: will there be enough to fulfil all Q2 orders made in the UK...
Do we have any sense of numbers? Like how many orders targeted for delivery in Q2 vs how many ships needed to bring them all?
3 confirmed ships. That's approx 12,000 cars to EU/UK. So potentially a couple thousand RHDs. Doesn't even touch the sides.

You can't possibly think there will be enough production to fulfil all Q2 UK orders in Q2, given the GF's shutdown, can you ?

• Funny
Reactions: Lee Davis
3 confirmed ships. That's approx 12,000 cars to EU/UK. So potentially a couple thousand RHDs. Doesn't even touch the sides.
Confirmed yes, but optimistically, we know that some RHD made it onto the last ship THEBEN so they have switched to RHD output.

1 ship has recently departed RCC Europe heading to Southhampton which could be all RHD and another 1 if not 2 are loading. Optimistically there could be around 8k RHD incoming, if not slightly more. We can only hope and will find out by Friday.

You would also hope that MIG MYLR would be scheduled to pick up some slack for the EU in Q3 too so Shanghai can focus on local markets and RHD in APAC and UK. You would also hope they would plan for this and pick up pace for RHD. This post was sponsored by hope.

I know about the current ships and the fact there is potentially only 1 UK-bound. (so 4,000 cars give or take)
How many orders you reckon are there per quarter in the UK? Just to have a sense of the shortfall?

See @Mr Miserable descriptive post:

There are VINs available reported by some of the customers in Romania on local waiting groups on FB. My Tesla advisor confirmed about 20+ or so appeared today. Those cars will probably arrive in Koper from GLOVIS SPLENDOR. Is there a way to confirm this on some kind of third-party app?
No but it makes sense that the first VINs to appear relate to the first ship.
Since that ship is heading to Koper, it also makes sense that customers in S Europe are getting them.

Reactions: rempha
Status
Not open for further replies.