Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 2 ships scheduled to Southampton from Shanghai in June/July. Nabucco vessel has delivered Tesla's to UK before.
Any possibility of these carrying further deliveries into UK?
Screenshot 2022-05-29 at 17.10.21.png

Wow this ship tracking site is amazing! Could you post the link to it? My EDD for my MYLR is July 2022 as well for Antwerp Belgium. Hopefully gonna be on that ship.
Wow this ship tracking site is amazing! Could you post the link to it? My EDD for my MYLR is July 2022 as well for Antwerp Belgium. Hopefully gonna be on that ship.

Tesla charter ships where possible so looking at public schedules isn't the best way to identify them. Let Mr.M do his thing.
It is all guess work and assumptions until the notification comes from tesla. I think the whole lack of transparency is a bit tiresome. I would like to believe that Tesla know how many cars (and spec) they have and who has ordered them and could link these far earlier. Not a great experience of tesla at all from sales through to this limbo.

Personally I would never have entered into this if I had known what a pain in the arse the whole thing would be.

It is all guess work and assumptions until the notification comes from tesla. I think the whole lack of transparency is a bit tiresome. I would like to believe that Tesla know how many cars (and spec) they have and who has ordered them and could link these far earlier. Not a great experience of tesla at all from sales through to this limbo.

Personally I would never have entered into this if I had known what a pain in the arse the whole thing would be.
Good luck waiting for your Hyundai/Kia/VW/Mercedes/BMW/Honda/Jaguar. I bet you get your Tesla first.

Good luck waiting for your Hyundai/Kia/VW/Mercedes/BMW/Honda/Jaguar. I bet you get your Tesla first.
We got rid of a really nice ICE and have subsequently got a crappy interim car. What I meant was I would not have got a new car had I known it would be a 6 month plus wait. I purposely went for the tesla as it had the best delivery times. All in all the transition to BEV has been a real pain for me.

I’m here because I had to have a “backup”for the ID.3 Tour I ordered on 2-Jul-2021. It went into build at the beginning of October last year ….. and stayed there for over 7 months without a single update. A chap who ordered the exact same car as I did the day before I did collected his vehicle the day Christmas Eve 2021. SWMBO got so annoyed that we cancelled and relied on the Tesla; turns out she thought the ID.3 was a “nasty little shitbox” in comparison too, after test driving the Y. She likes her horses though 😉

If you think the communication from Tesla is poor, just you try Volkswagen.

I feel very lucky having got a delivery date this time around given all the problems, but you’re insane if you cancel in my opinion.

The grass might look greener elsewhere with other manufacturers, but only because it’s actually a swamp 😂

I’m here because I had to have a “backup”for the ID.3 Tour I ordered on 2-Jul-2021. It went into build at the beginning of October last year ….. and stayed there for over 7 months without a single update. A chap who ordered the exact same car as I did the day before I did collected his vehicle the day Christmas Eve 2021. SWMBO got so annoyed that we cancelled and relied on the Tesla; turns out she thought the ID.3 was a “nasty little shitbox” in comparison too, after test driving the Y. She likes her horses though 😉

If you think the communication from Tesla is poor, just you try Volkswagen.

I feel very lucky having got a delivery date this time around given all the problems, but you’re insane if you cancel in my opinion.

The grass might look greener elsewhere with other manufacturers, but only because it’s actually a swamp 😂
Similar, I switched from an Audi Q4 e-tron to the Y and if I hadn’t I would be waiting until April 2023 at the earliest. COVID shutdown in Shanghai, war in Ukraine, etc could not be predicted by us or by Tesla. I’m happy with my change in order.

Lots of people (including myself) ordered Tesla through a work scheme, not only, but partly because the delivery estimate was way way better than other brands. It does feel like there could be a bit more transparency given on Teslas part.

I’m with @Mr Miserable here. I don’t know a single person who has ordered an EV recently that has *not* had a ~3 month delay (including colleague who has an MG due this month.. which apparently was delayed due to Tesla taking up more ship spots!).

Name another brand that can deliver before September? (Or even November if you order now).

I’m with @Mr Miserable here. I don’t know a single person who has ordered an EV recently that has *not* had a ~3 month delay (including colleague who has an MG due this month.. which apparently was delayed due to Tesla taking up more ship spots!).

Name another brand that can deliver before September? (Or even November if you order now).
Again, as I mentioned in the other thread, it’s about transparency. Other manufacturers tell you upfront there is gonna be a 6/12+ month wait.
When I ordered my Tesla in March, I was given June as delivery date.
If they had told me September from the start, I wouldn’t be as pissed off as I am now, and maybe I would have made arrangements for a bridge car. Don’t create reasonable expectations from your customer if you are unable to match them, or at least, communicate! Hell, just a text « sorry for the delay [insert excuse here] you’re now up for September » would already be a nice start and I don’t feel I am asking for much.
But don’t tell me « if you’re unhappy, f* off elsewhere, you’re gonna have to wait there too… » that’s just not a good business practice in the long run.

Evening all! Sunday 29 May 2022

Check the latest locations of the "Tesla" ships here.

GLOVIS SPLENDOR Due to arrive in Koper 01 Jun
She navigated the Suez Canal earlier today and is now in the Mediteranean heading for Koper where she will arrive on Wednesday afternoon.
The weather is looking fine for the remainder of her voyage.

THEBEN Due to arrive in Zeebrugge 14 Jun
She is in the final stage of her crossing of the Arabian Sea and is just entering an area of choppy seas so she may lose a knot or two as she passes through the area over the next 5-6 hrs but after that it should be smooth sailing all the way to the Suez Canal.
The THEBEN competition is still open! 98 entries so far!

RCC EUROPE I estimate will arrive in Southampton ~17 Jun
The big news for her is that hopes that she would make up for time lost earlier in her voyage have been dashed. She revised her ETA for Suez to 08 Jun and so I have revised my estimate accordingly to 17 Jun. She could still make 16 Jun but it will require a speed of over 20kts all the way from when she exits the Suez canal. Hmmmm, that might make an interesting competition - watch this space!

THEMIS LEADER is believed to be transporting Teslas to Singapore and Dubai. She docked in Singapore earlier today. Next stop will hopefully be Jebel Ali ~11 Jun

HORIZON LEADER Could arrive in Koper ~ 17 Jun or Zeebrugge ~23 Jun
She is confirmed to be a Tesla vessel but we don't actually know where she is heading to but it is most likley to be EU and either Koper or Zeebrugge. There are arguments to be had for either. She is heading initially for a refuel from a barge off Singapore on Wednesday. There are no weather issues.

I think the last hope for another shipment to EU was ARC COMMITMENT and she departed to Panama and so I don't think we will see any more ships heading to EU/UK this quarter. I don't see anything heading to Aus/NZ either. I'll continue to monitor Shanghai if only to establish a 'pattern of life' so that when a 'Tesla' charter does show up it will hopefully stand out. We were lucky this quarter in that all the shipments to EU/UK departed from Shanghai South which put the spotlight on the ships before they had even docked there.

Status
Not open for further replies.