Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Disagree
Reactions: MrT3 and Toblerone
I don't know why but there seems to be a black hole around Suez for some reason. She will reappear in due course.

Unlike RCC ANTWERP who has switched off her AIS transmitter.
Some ships do this as part of their anti-piracy and self-protection measures when they are entering a high risk area. RCC ANTWERP is entering a an area designated as high-risk. Personally I don't think it's an effective measure as the attacks on RoRos in the last couple of years were by state-sponsored organisations that have other methods of tracking a ship and for deterring pirates, a message advertising the fact that the ship has armed guards onboard would probably be better. AIS was primarily introduced to reduce the risk of collisons at sea and it in that role it has been spectacularly successful. Most ships have digital displays which combine primary radar returns with labels from AIS. It is quite easy to miss a primary return that does not have a label (so called ghost ships) although the system should still alarm if the set closest point of approach is penetrated. Generally ships that switch off their AIS are up to no-good (sanction busters, smugglers etc) and modern global maritime surveillance systems alarm when a switch-off is identified. So switching off the AIS not only reduces the safety of your vessel and others, it also distracts the good guys from concentrating their efforts on the bad boys.
RCC ANTWERP will likely switch her AIS back on when she is in the Red Sea.
Thanks, @Mr Miserable
BTW, do you think Hoegh St.Petersburg shall reach Suez port by 23:00 local time today?
Seems she could be a bit ahead of her schedule to Zerg? Does she really need 2 weeks to Belgium?

???

Its going from Europe to China, and is a scheduled service.
I’m starting to realise how Mr M got his name.
Do try and keep up guys, the sunrise topic has been covered daily for the last few days.

Sunrise is currently enroute to Shanghai. We know from the published schedule there is another voyage for her starting in Europe in September.

So to do that voyage she needs to first get from Shanghai to Europe. We hope that when she does that she will be full of (RHD) Teslas, but it could be Hyundais, etc.

Time will tell when we see where she docks and if it’s the Tesla berth we may even get some drone footage.

Can we sunset the sunrise for at least a day!? 🫠

GLOVIS SUNRISE
We have been round this bouy several times but for the benefit of all I will restate the position.
We know from the published Glovis schedule that she will be in Bremerhaven on 20 Sep. The fact that she then goes to Southampton is irrelevant as far as we are concerned - there will be no Teslas onboard then.
What we don't know is her itinerary for her voyage to Europe. She may depart Shanghai and head to S Korea load a bunch of Hyundai/Kias and then head to Europe - there is still time for that. She also could load at Shanghai's Haitong terminal and then depart to Europe leaving us wonderering whether she has Teslas onboard or not. She could head for Shanghai South/Luchao/Nangang and load there and then head to S Korea, or Europe.
Loads of variables. Few certainties. Lots of opinions. She is certainly one to watch. We shall just have to wait and see....

Thanks, @Mr Miserable
BTW, do you think Hoegh St.Petersburg shall reach Suez port by 23:00 local time today?
Seems she could be a bit ahead of her schedule to Zerg? Does she really need 2 weeks to Belgium?
HOEGH ST PETERBURG is not a Tesla charter - she is on a scheduled service. Her first stop after Suez is Livorno, Italy where she is due to arrive on 20 Aug and depart on 21 Aug to Zeebrugge. Livorno is a congested port and the potential for delay there is large.
As for reaching Suez by tonight, no chance. I'm sure I stated in my summary yesterday that she would arrive there tomorrow night. (I've just checked , I did.)

Reactions: MartijnL
GLOVIS CHALLENGE
I'm liking her present course - she looks to me to be heading for Shanghai South/Luchao/Nangang/Hanzhou Bay/Pier 4/ or whatever you wish to call it.
I had a premonition of this a couple days ago when I posted the fact she was heading to Shanghai on 15th. Let’s hope this is the uk boat to keep alive the September EDD hopefuls. I guess in an ideal world Tesla would want to get a full quarter of orders fulfilled to keep the queue under control. That said, even if 1more full boat of MYLR heads to uk, it will probably just reach into May ODs and will have most May, all June, July and august as the queue going into Q4. Could be an exciting weekend ahead waiting for VINS.

Sunday 14 Aug 22

Click HERE to see a wonderful map of the world. Superimposed on it are the latest positions, updated via satellite, of confirmed Tesla ships.

Those ships are:

MORNING CHORUS ETA Southampton tomorrow morning at 1am with 1,000 - 1,500 cars and ETA 17 Aug Zebrugge with 1,999 M3 and 950 MY.
She is presently south of the Isle of Wight and heading towards Nab Tower in the Solent where she will RV with the Southampton harbour pilot.

GLOVIS SUMMIT She is also heading to Southampton with an ETA of 06:30 on Tuesday 16 Aug and then on to Zeebrugge ETA Wednesday 17 Aug. She has onboard 3,026 M3 and 853 MY for the EU and probably around 1100 or so cars for the UK. She is presently off the NW coast of Spain and is about to commence her crossing of the Bay of Biscay. There is a risk of thunderstorms in the Bay of Biscay tomorrow but I think she will stay ahead of them and not be affected by them.

HOEGH ST PETERSBURG is carrying 2000 MY to Zeebrugge. If you are on the continent (or possibly Ireland) and are waiting for a MY, when you discover your source code VIN enter it HERE. Do let me know if it was succesful, also let me know the 1st 3 digits of your VIN too please. ETA Zeebrugge 28 Aug. Please note that if you are in the UK your search will be unsuccessful because your car will not be onboard this ship!
She is now in the Red Sea making her way up towards the Suez Canal where she should arrive tomorrow evening. She should transit the canal on Tuesday and then head to Livorno, Italy. I don't know why she is not showing on the map but both ships ahead of her also 'disappeared' from the map at this point in the Red Sea. She is appearing on other maritime trackers though.

RCC ANTWERP is now in a choppy Arabian Sea and she has gone dark ie switched off her AIS . As I explained earlier some ships do this as a security precaution when operating in high-risk areas. I don't expect her to switch her AIS back on until she is in the Red Sea. It's a pretty pointless exercise in my opinion and regular readers to this thread will know that I accurately estimated the positions of previous ships that did this. This time it would be a little trickier because of the poor weather in the area slowing her down but still quite feasible. (Before someone challenges me - no I don't accept the challenge as I'm collecting my new MY this week and I have better things to do!!) She is due to arrive in Koper on 23 Aug with 4052 MY on board. Whether this will be her only stop we don't yet know.

GLOVIS COMPANION is in the Bay of Bengal. She's making excellent time at the moment but her speed will drop as she meets increasingly heavy seas. It should only last about 48htrs or so. She's bound for Suez with what looks like a load of MY destined for the UK. I'm expecting her to arrive in Southampton around 01 Sep. Do check your Tesla accounts for a hidden VIN.

Don't forget the GLOVIS COMPANION competition! Click HERE to enter.

ASIAN VISION is enroute to Port Kembla, Australia with an ETA there of 28 Aug. After that she should head on down to Melbourne. Interestingly, loading at the main Haitong terminal at the moment is PAGLIA which is also Australia bound. She should depart to Brisbane (29 Aug). I think the idea that she could also be carrying Teslas would be too much to hope for.

GLOVIS CHALLENGE is looking like she will dock at Shanghai South in a few hours time. I don't know where she will head to but my suspicion is that she will depart to S Korea. Having said that we are still looking for a replacement for GLOVIS SPRING which according to the German leak should be departing soon to Barcelona with 3,946 MY onboard.

Over in San Francisco GLOVIS SOLOMON arrived and dropped anchor in the harbour near Pier 80. She has now departed to S Korea without docking anywhere - very odd. ("I fxxing told you so!" I can hear a certain soggy dog walker shouting) A second ship, GLOVIS SIGMA is making her way north along the Mexican coast and should arrive on Wednesday and I look forward to seeing what she does. (Double or quits?)

Please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have, like the easiest method to check whether you have a hidden VIN, or not.

Last edited:
Guys - this was discussed the other day by @Darreno.
What you see is the voyage after it comes to Europe.
Tesla is a private charter so the voyage from Shanghai isn’t public info, apart from arrivals info.
This is still a good sign, as we know she has to get from Asia to Europe and could be carrying Teslas (if not Hyundais, etc).
We wait and see.
Apologies, I didn’t see this although
I’m starting to realise how Mr M got his name.
Do try and keep up guys, the sunrise topic has been covered daily for the last few days.

Sunrise is currently enroute to Shanghai. We know from the published schedule there is another voyage for her starting in Europe in September.

So to do that voyage she needs to first get from Shanghai to Europe. We hope that when she does that she will be full of (RHD) Teslas, but it could be Hyundais, etc.

Time will tell when we see where she docks and if it’s the Tesla berth we may even get some drone footage.

Can we sunset the sunrise for at least a day!? 🫠
A bit of a sh*tty comment to be honest! I understand it may be frustrating however some of us are new here with all good intentions trying to find our way and don’t always have the time to be on every day nor check back through every page of comments when we do get chance to finally get online.

Apologies, I shall comment no more and wish you all luck with your Teslas!

Apologies, I didn’t see this although

A bit of a sh*tty comment to be honest! I understand it may be frustrating however some of us are new here with all good intentions trying to find our way and don’t always have the time to be on every day nor check back through every page of comments when we do get chance to finally get online.

Apologies, I shall comment no more and wish you all luck with your Teslas!
You don’t need to be on every day or check back through every page - you just need to read the latest daily post from Mr M.

However, by not doing that and asking questions that have been answered several times you clog the thread and cause confusion.
Pls don’t take offence, it’s only an online forum. And don’t let me or anyone else dissuade you from commenting. The forum is a valuable resource. ✌️

GLOVIS SUNRISE
We have been round this bouy several times but for the benefit of all I will restate the position.
We know from the published Glovis schedule that she will be in Bremerhaven on 20 Sep. The fact that she then goes to Southampton is irrelevant as far as we are concerned - there will be no Teslas onboard then.
What we don't know is her itinerary for her voyage to Europe. She may depart Shanghai and head to S Korea load a bunch of Hyundai/Kias and then head to Europe - there is still time for that. She also could load at Shanghai's Haitong terminal and then depart to Europe leaving us wonderering whether she has Teslas onboard or not. She could head for Shanghai South/Luchao/Nangang and load there and then head to S Korea, or Europe.
Loads of variables. Few certainties. Lots of opinions. She is certainly one to watch. We shall just have to wait and see....
NIO (I know, as we say in Dutch this is "swearing in church") has started shipping to Germany so this might just be ET7's on their way to Germany for their Q4 launch over there. They already have one RoRo on it's way.

Morning Chorus and Glovis Summit are arriving on Monday and Tuesday, and Mr Miserable and I’m sure many others will be picking up their cars a few days later.
Since Titus was dismissed as a Tesla ship, those of us with early September collection dates are also assumed to have cars on Glovis Summit.
So why would there be a near 3 week gap between the ship unloading and customer handover?

Reactions: Salv0 and Seaview
Morning Chorus and Glovis Summit are arriving on Monday and Tuesday, and Mr Miserable and I’m sure many others will be picking up their cars a few days later.
Since Titus was dismissed as a Tesla ship, those of us with early September collection dates are also assumed to have cars on Glovis Summit.
So why would there be a near 3 week gap between the ship unloading and customer handover?
Because they’re potentially on a different ship, GLOVIS COMPANION

Because they’re potentially on a different ship, GLOVIS COMPANION

It takes anything up to 4 weeks to fully deliver a full ships load once it is unloaded. September delivery dates could well be from Morning Chorus and Glovis Summit.

Afaik, GLOVIS COMPANION VIN allocations have not received delivery dates yet. Just VIN allocations.

It’s a huge undertaking to move 4000 vehicles. That’s 500 lorry’s carrying 8 cars a piece.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the pictures.
I agree it's a KESS ship and I also agree that it's either SCHELDE or WESER HIGHWAY.
The folk to contact are Celtic Shipping Agencies in Dublin. I have not found their schedule.
The next KESS ship to arrive from Zeebrugge is the MALACCA HIGHWAY on Wednesday but that one won't have any Teslas onboard.
The one after that however may do...
Thanks Mr. M, I'll just have to keep an eye on the Dublin Port arrivals schedule for a KESS ship that fits the bill.
FYI...my wifes M3 was ordered in May and has a 609xxx VIN (in source code) That's the highest VIN I've seen on this thread so far and the build date checker returns a 568xxx VIN from the 6th of May as the closest match

It takes anything up to 4 weeks to fully deliver a full ships load once it is unloaded. September delivery dates could well be from Morning Chorus and Glovis Summit.

Afaik, GLOVIS COMPANION VIN allocations have not received delivery dates yet. Just VIN allocations.

It’s a huge undertaking to move 4000 vehicles. That’s 500 lorry’s carrying 8 cars a piece.
That’s a fair point, but those 2 ships are apparently only leaving around 2500 cars at Southampton.

Status
Not open for further replies.