Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd rather have it on the wheel during an 'oh *sugar*' moment than trying to find a button on the screen..:)

Such a missed opportunity to not allow wipers and fog light settings on there.

I don't see the previous options on there? AP speed and Volume. Do they do double duty some how? I've not had chance to go for a drive with the new options..

Yeah, in my limited experience beeping right when something happens (which is the natural impulse) can lead to the recording skipping the bit you actually want to capture. I presume it's the same if you hit "Save Clip".

Best to wait for a few seconds before doing either, although beeping like a minute after you've calmed down is a bit weird.

Reactions: init6
Thankfully not had to do it. But how long is the clip when you beep? And does it start recording at the beep?

There's a road near us which is quite wide laned and for some reason it's quite common for people to overtake when something is coming the other way (I assume they think there is room or folk should get out their way). It's not happened since we got the car but we hoped the record on beep would capture this behaviour along with registration plate.

Thankfully not had to do it. But how long is the clip when you beep? And does it start recording at the beep?

There's a road near us which is quite wide laned and for some reason it's quite common for people to overtake when something is coming the other way (I assume they think there is room or folk should get out their way). It's not happened since we got the car but we hoped the record on beep would capture this behaviour along with registration plate.
  • On Honk: When you press the horn, Dashcam saves a recording of the most recent 10 minutes of footage. This can be enabled along with Auto or Manual.

Reactions: Cnixon

I had hoped that this delay and gap had been resolved from TeslaCam's early days, especially when they implemented honk to save, but seems from comments above, it may still be an issue.

From 2019, may explain some of the delays and gaps in video. This is from the day when we had to remove the media to access the clips, so these are frames from the raw recorded data rather than as viewed in the newer in car viewer. Nothing to do with video speed, I seen comments about T5/T7 SSD's having same lag, plus our media far exceeded (and confirmed to) USB2's data rates. There were also other video clips preceding these as it would 'continuously' record for 1 hour, but broken up into x minute segments which you see better from looking at clips out of the car.

Lets just say that Zoom is banned by many companies as it does not meet their, or clients security requirements. Allowed alternatives like Webex, Teams.
Seems to have been used extensively by the UK government.... although there is a need for public transparency in a lot of communications!

To be fair to Zoom though, it was pretty early in its development as the pandemic hit and their marketing team did a great job getting it to go viral.... the engineering teams were then sprinting to catch up with the features and scaling issues! It has improved a lot in the last couple of years from when most of the corporate decisions were made - Microsoft and Cisco had mature baselines to work from to focus on making it simpler to use rather than scaling and security issues.

You really have to go out of your way to avoid Teams if you're in a 365 environment, which basically every business is.
Nope - I switched our business to MacOs and Linux ... :)

Windows 10 became so ad infested it was impossible to use. Windows 11 is even worse. And on notebooks - the first 20 minutes of each startup is max battery drain as all Microsoft telemetry software scan the computer, AV scan the computer, it check for updates - and then usually says - "we have an update - you need to restart" - and then if you update - back to step 1 - telemetry, av-scan etc. so all our "remote" work had to be scheduled to make certain people switched their computers on and logged in 20-30 minutes BEFORE any meeting. That was suddenly 20-25% of the computers battery gone (CAD and graphics workstation notebooks) - before any work had taken place. And all that time the FAN on the notebooks have been running at 100%

And then with each Update - Microsoft found yet another way to annoy you. Little search bar "icons" with flowers or "Trending Searches", news popups and warnings that Edge is for certain better than Brave for main browser. All = TIMEWASTE meant to remove productivity and remove our staff's attention to actual work.

So when we could get our CAD SW on Mac we moved it all. Processing systems moved to Linux. Graphics software was already available on Mac.

Benefit - I have not noticed a notebook fan in 9 months - unless I boot my old ThinkPad Workstations for the once every month "software" use that does not work on Mac or Linux. The Mac Machines are available almost instantly to work on - and we have usually battery-life on the large notebooks for a full working day.

Yes it is that bad with MS products now. And I used to be a ThinkPad ambassador and Mac hater. So I had to eat some red and blue pills...

Varifocals would work better but ideally you’d need one that goes from long distance to shortish but not close distance rather than ones that aim to correct both short and long sightedness. I have ones that do the reverse for work that work from close to just beyond where a PC screen sits. The main problem with this is that varifocals are pretty expensive (the lenses on mine are about £600) so most people will compromise with more general varifocals and accept that the screen isn’t quite clear unless you move your head.
My optician is aware of Tesla and was able to find me a varifocal lens (Hoya) that works well in my Y..it did take a couple of tries though.

I just saw a video of the chime sounds on gear shift. I actually think it sounds pretty good! And it will be a welcome feature for me as I, for some reason, love performing risky gear shift manoeuvres. For example, if reversing into a parking space I do the usual turn opposite of the space to get the angle right, but I always deccelerate using regen and then time the gear shift so I’m just under the 5mi threshold to change gear, once at 5 or 4 mi, I then do the switch then accelerate effectively reducing speed to 0 before moving into reverse.

I find myself being very efficient at this but there has been more than the odd occasion, as I’m trying to reduce my timings of the gear change, doing it too quickly and missing the gear! Because there's no chime on gear change, if you tap the accelerator when you think you've hit the reverse gear but haven't, well, let's just say there's been a few hairy moments!

Long story short, when will this update be available for wide release?? :)

Reactions: goRt