Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
isn't Tesla doing exactly the same with HWv4 ? Or has that rumour now been abandoned.

Pretty sure that's the case. My understanding is already included with (latest) MS / MX and I read that also already on MY, but not announced (presumably to keep orders for M3 buoyant and/or maybe using up parts stock for MY so maybe not all MY in transit have them fitted, as yet)

Only just gotten round to testing this and yes a half press in the same direction as indicating does indeed cancel the signal.. cheers!
I found it odd initially, but now I am used to it I really like the Tesla logic. Unlike most cars which flash three times and cancel, the Tesla waits for you to complete the action and then cancels. Great when changing lanes on the motorway or leaving an island. It works perfectly.

Huh. Something has changed with the bluetooth range.. was setting some stuff up then realized I'd forgotten my phone.. but I was sat in the car.

I know others have had that problem but never have before.. usually it would require a phone a couple of feet away. The nearest phone was in the house near the back wall, maybe 20 feet away.. sure enough, powering off that phone locked the car.

A further test with the phone in a back room - separated from the car by a wall.. And the car unlocked!

I've now disabled all the bluetooth keys until I can find a workaround.. don't want to rely on P2D to save me if someone decides to walk down the street checking doors (which isn't unheard of).

If you've previously had no issues with range, worth testing again..

Last edited:
Pretty sure that's the case. My understanding is already included with (latest) MS / MX and I read that also already on MY, but not announced (presumably to keep orders for M3 buoyant and/or maybe using up parts stock for MY so maybe not all MY in transit have them fitted, as yet)
Seems radar is on the MS and MX with HW4, but not on the MY with HW4

Nothing like keeping thngs simple

Not my experience, I drove most of the distance of the M4 from Maidenhead to Swansea this week (past Bristol) and had satellite maps the full distance without issue. I would suggest raising a support request.

I drove from Newcastle to London and back with various stops in between (nowhere super-rural) without issue with the maps recently. I did have some issues when up in Scotland recently, but that included some much more remote areas and I expected this.

They need to sort this maps issue out. I'm starting to get iritated by the sporadic loss of them. When I spoke to Tesla about this they said it was a server issue at their end and not a software problem with the car. They said it would be resolved in the future. Not satisfactory really.

Not my experience, I drove most of the distance of the M4 from Maidenhead to Swansea this week (past Bristol) and had satellite maps the full distance without issue. I would suggest raising a support request.

I reported the issue months ago. They know all about it. I drive *past* Bristol every day, and your anecdote about that working for you is really not very interesting.

It seems less to do with certain areas and more with whatever load is occurring on the servers that dish out the map tiles. Would have thought there would be a level of caching involved on the cars themselves but if not it could be that the fleet is so large now that if enough people are on the road the servers are overwhelmed with map requests.

But that should have been fixable very easily by setting up some more servers to handle map requests or load balancing them better. Could be Tesla penny pinching, or another issue.

I would have thought so too, especially as you get the occasional multi gigabyte map update to download - what's the point of those if it still needs the data connection to render the map.
I don't think Google allows caching of the satellite map tiles. (Assuming that is what you are talking about.)

The maps downloaded to your car are for the navigation system, they aren't what is displayed.