Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon has been removing functionality again.

2023.12.9.1 downloaded and installed

The reversing camera is only the one in the boot. The wing cameras are conspicuous by their absence.. Disappointed. Have not found anything else good or bad after the first drive
I Noticed recently side cameras missing when reversing. No recent updates and it hasn't done it again. Maybe just a bug

Not that I think there’s been much change in the AP stack for a very long time, but I had a ~ 120 mile drive towing the trailer the other day and it was… an experience. Couldn’t use AP due to towing, but was using ACC. Most of the journey on dual carriageway on a bright day, with the sun off to our right (middle of the day). We had a handful of unexpected slowdowns, more than I’ve experienced on a single journey in the past. However, the scary part was the instance of emergency braking we had. Again, absolutely no obvious reason, nothing ahead of us, no bridges, no clouds. The muppet tailgating us (despite being an otherwise empty dual carriageway) must have thought we were brake checking him and almost went up our chuff. It’s the first time I’ve had one of these. Quite concerning. I can only assume there was a vaguely childlike shaped spec of dust in front of the camera that kept setting off TV obstacle detection. No false activation of auto-wipers, though.

Bring on the new FSD TV stack where it doesn’t look at every frame in isolation. It can be bloody scary!
Driving down the A14 yesterday and a had 2 incidents where it got confused and veered into the slip roads, breaking sharply and steering out of control. People behind me must have thought i was a complete idiot.

I had washed the car in the morning (i thought i did a decent job!) and about half way through the journey on a sunny day i had the wipers do a single wipe. Then another. Then full on fast possessed mode. Only way out was to disabled autopilot, wait a minute or so, and start autopilot again. No more wiper issiues after that.

I do the trip up to Leicester and back quite a lot, and i don't think I've had a single journey in the last few months where the cars technology has been seamless. I get either / or - confused at a simple junction, or phantom breaking or possessed wipers.

I'm pining for the simple cruise control I had on my old ICE car. Wish i had that on the Model Y right now.

I do the trip up to Leicester and back quite a lot, and i don't think I've had a single journey in the last few months where the cars technology has been seamless. I get either / or - confused at a simple junction, or phantom breaking or possessed wipers.

I'm pining for the simple cruise control I had on my old ICE car. Wish i had that on the Model Y right now.
Why not just use cruise control instead of AP? Single press on the stalk.. It works well, keeps your set distance from the car in front and you can change lanes with it remaining on. I often use it in place of AP when there's lots of traffic and regular lane changes are needed. It may occasionally phantom brake, but as long as you have the throttle covered, that can be overridden simply enough.

Literally all of it. Whenever I try and play anything in Apple Music, the audio player just says select audio source. I can browse my library, new releases etc... but nothing plays.
Wow, that's so strange. AM works perfectly for me. All features, and it's much more reliable than Spotify for me in areas of low reception. I think AM is pre-loading the next n tracks to cache and provide reliability. Have you tried a 'both buttons' reset?

Reactions: Paul72G
Literally all of it. Whenever I try and play anything in Apple Music, the audio player just says select audio source. I can browse my library, new releases etc... but nothing plays.
I had this issue on earlier software versions. A two button reboot would fix it. However, I’ve not had this a single time since updating to the latest main point release.

Reactions: ChrisInTheCar
Anyone noticed rearview camera gone more wide angle recently? I noticed I can see my number plate distorted round the bottom of the view and the boot lid at the top. Could of course be imagining it, but never noticed it before, as if the most distorted stuff round the edges was cropped away. Odd.

Teslafi is showing a number of vehicles getting 2023.12.300.1. Not in the U.K. yet but the release notes are valid for U.K. non USS cars.
perhaps an update to park assist

Teslafi is showing a number of vehicles getting 2023.12.300.1. Not in the U.K. yet but the release notes are valid for U.K. non USS cars.

Looks like HW4 on Model S and X (which we already know about)? Plus a single Model 3 just to confuse.

The high number releases are versions installed at the factory according to Teslafi. None of our cars will be as recently built. No idea what the difference is to a release they roll out normally, but its not a better release than the one we're getting where the latest appears to be 2023.12.11, and that just adds something about data sharing to previous release notes..

Anyone noticed rearview camera gone more wide angle recently? I noticed I can see my number plate distorted round the bottom of the view and the boot lid at the top. Could of course be imagining it, but never noticed it before, as if the most distorted stuff round the edges was cropped away. Odd.
I also think something may have changed. I was looking at the rear view camera thinking it looked odd. It was the edges of the trim above the numberplate, which I don’t think showed up in the same way, before…

I've always noticed that top and bottom you describe ... especially when there's rain dripping off the boot lid! I can't say I've noticed a change with software variants.