Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023.6.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m pretty sure the latest update also fixed the windscreen wiper issue? I’ve not had any crazy wipers since the update. Before I could barely use cruise control.

I also noticed that Tesla Vision seems to be improved with my car noticing when other cars indicate to change lane in front of me. I also think it tracks more cars when driving. Previously only one would be shaded black on the screen, now a number of them are.

I would say my car is more drivable since the update and this is a blessing as I was starting to get frustrated with it all.

I’m pretty sure the latest update also fixed the windscreen wiper issue?
DJelmEI.png

I can’t understand the steering problems. Mine hasn’t had any problems. I wonder if it’s confined to cars with a heated wheel which mine doesn’t have.
It seems to be some cars from the Aug/Sep 2022 Shanghai batch that are having the issues.

Some digging from members are suggesting they were fitted with single chip steering racks, rather than double chip. Seems the update and rack firmware are no playing ball.

My steering has become heavy and feeling like notches as I turn it. Like it’s going over teeth or stepping rather than smooth. It’s awful.

At the moment to only solution is replacing the rack.

Any idea when are we getting Zoom? That will make my life little bit easy!
No idea I'm afraid! These cloud services seem to take a while to reach us. IIRC, Disney+ was about 4-6 months after US release so there may be something contractual in play.

I'm interested to see with this wider rollout if it's just the Ryzen 3/Ys that get it or whether it rolls out to the Intel Atom cars as well.

Reactions: spdpsba
I have a hunch the steering is linked to the position sensors and calibration thereof. I know in the secret service menu there's an option to calibrate the steering, so presumably if its out there are implications, possibly to the hyydrolic assist. #pure speculation

Well, reading the last half dozen replies or so it made me smile. My 2020 M3 doesn't have any steering problems but given my thoughts about Tesla I think I actually believe the comment of @Darreno - more penny pinching and removed a chip - that's so Tesla.
The update itself - well another load of stuff that I wont use to add to the list of redundant shite, though I could actually see an ironic use of Zoom - the speed awareness course i had a couple of years ago was done via Zoom - would almost be worth getting another course just to "attend" whilst sat in the car.

My wipers are no better either - they love wiping on a completely dry screen - or going at full speed if i get so much as a drip drop onto the windscreen - I regularly have to turn them off, sometimes turning off and a few minutes later back on sort of fixes them.

Zoom will join the completely unused list with all the games, the farts, the lightshow and probably a lot more stuff I don't even know is there.

In the two years I've had the car I've never had a fault - well - just the rear spoiler becoming detached and a new one fitted - though this week my Granny Charger wouldn't charge, flashing red light on the charger and the charge port -(I did unplug and try again a few times and a reset - still wouldn't charge) so nipped to a supercharger and that worked - tried again after getting home from the supercharger and its working fine again. I think if someone said Tesla have engineered that to reject the at home charging so you have to use a supercharger I probably would believe it.