Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 - Has anyone received a fully working/no issue MSP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this is a bit of a hot potato topic. My MSP is in the middle of a buyback, they have agreed to it in principle, but it is stuck because they are still working on it, months later and won't pay until its done. So i'm out six figures while they do *something* and I contemplate bringing in legal work. Kills me as an investor.

To make matters worse, every single new owner I've talked to this year has had issues which required service to do something. Mostly minor like rear hatch alignment, stains on the interior and the like, but not a single person I've talked to had *nothing* wrong with their car. I'm still stuck trying to decide what to do next, as there really aren't many alternatives in the price range. Nothing has the power without going way, way up in price or significant sacrifices otherwise.

Have you had a fantastic experience? Could you please post your story, again on a 2023 (hw4) car only.

I know this is a bit of a hot potato topic. My MSP is in the middle of a buyback, they have agreed to it in principle, but it is stuck because they are still working on it, months later and won't pay until its done. So i'm out six figures while they do *something* and I contemplate bringing in legal work. Kills me as an investor.

To make matters worse, every single new owner I've talked to this year has had issues which required service to do something. Mostly minor like rear hatch alignment, stains on the interior and the like, but not a single person I've talked to had *nothing* wrong with their car. I'm still stuck trying to decide what to do next, as there really aren't many alternatives in the price range. Nothing has the power without going way, way up in price or significant sacrifices otherwise.

Have you had a fantastic experience? Could you please post your story, again on a 2023 (hw4) car only.

Mine is a HW4 2023 car, made and bought in mid March...car has been great through first 3,000 miles....couple rattles that I've mostly been able to fix but drives really well, power is unrivaled and it's a comfy place to spend a few hours....for reference it's our second Tesla, European performance cars is my previous experiences and still own by way of comparison...and cross shopped the MSP with the RS6...speed and no gas fillups were the main differentiators....

March 31, 2023 MSP. No issues what so ever. Took delivery at Palm Springs, CA.

IMG_5849.jpeg

I have a thread here on my challenges, but overall since it's fixed, I love my Plaid. I have started to feel the "light" vibrations but it's not over the top and to be honest, some friends with new MB, BMW and Audi have all had some similar challenges with their new cars over the last year. Audi friend had his in the shop for a few weeks, ended up some odd computer glitch.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve

you have my 80 + mph vibration?? F’n annoying and been In 3x with no fix

Mine had no vibrations other than the initial drive vibration at low speeds Tesla associated with the tires, including at 80mph. I have my doubts, but then again I dont have my car so I dont know.

Make sure your wheels are balanced and alignment is good. I had to have my alignment "fixed" after I initially picked up the car as it was delivered without it set right.

Picked up my MSLR (sorry not Plaid) today and was pleasantly surprised. Seemingly flawless so far, despite all of the angst created by these forums! 😉. They left me alone to fully inspect the car as long as I needed and pick up / trade in process was seamless. Early impression is huge step up vs my 2018 MS with 90k miles.

Picked up my MSLR (sorry not Plaid) today and was pleasantly surprised. Seemingly flawless so far, despite all of the angst created by these forums! 😉. They left me alone to fully inspect the car as long as I needed and pick up / trade in process was seamless. Early impression is huge step up vs my 2018 MS with 90k miles.
do you know your build date?
I’m waiting to take delivery of MSLR in transit to Pennsylvania from California, so I’m assuming recent build date.

View attachment 950138
2023 MSP build date 5/23, HW4 perfect so far. One tiny paint glob in a corner and one little light scuff ion the front left fender. Yoke and beige interior, EAP, no FSD. Interior was perfect, zero flaws.
Similar to my experience and I really like the cream interior on black. Feels a bit more upscale. I don’t like turn signals that spin around as you move the wheel; needs a stationary location so you know where it is all the time. Other than that, my delivery and build quality was great.

Reactions: evfeh
I catched my 2023 MSP HW4, Ultrared/black yesterday.

Only thing found so far is a 1x2mm paint chip loose under the LH rear door. Propable has been opened into something. Will fix it with a brush up paint.

The frunk alignment could be slightly better but not really bad.

Other than that, no issues found. Had a 1000km drive home and no spare time before another trip so I used only about 15-20 minutes to search for issues.
Havent really felt any vibrations yet, and not other issues.