Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Holiday Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well as expected, we didn't get jack s*** 🤣 no visual updates, at least on my 2021 model 3 with USS and going for a short drive and following the guidance of lots of posts i've seen here lately, I set the car on autopilot and sped straight through a speed camera. No warning, no beeps, no slowdowns and obviously I am incapable of intervening so I will be sending the imminent speeding ticket directly to Elon.
Speed cameras with no audio warnings are as much use as a chocolate fire guard. I’ll stick to Waze.

And with both cars plugged in:
IMG_3888.jpeg

Went for a short drive and following the guidance of lots of posts i've seen here lately, I set the car on autopilot and sped straight through a speed camera.

No warning, no beeps, no slowdowns, no recognition a camera even existed. Obviously I am incapable of intervening, so I will be sending the speeding ticket directly to Elon. ;)
Do you have premium connectivity?

FYI the trip planner in the mobile app is already there, go to Location and navigate to somewhere then there's an Edit Trip link that lets you enter waypoints and send it all to the car.

Mobile App v4.27.5 on iPhone, Car on 2023.44.1
Doesn’t seem to work without the car being updated though, far as I can tell. Or at least the multi stop route I sent this morning didn’t have either the multiple stops!

Not sure what the fuss is about with speed cameras, they’re so obvious here, especially as compared to my native NZ (where they’re all sneakily hidden)!

What would be amazing is to have road closures, road works and accident information like Google and Waze have.

Reactions: unai
Not sure what the fuss is about with speed cameras, they’re so obvious here, especially as compared to my native NZ (where they’re all sneakily hidden)!

What would be amazing is to have road closures, road works and accident information like Google and Waze have.

Well we do get road closures, sometimes at least. My sat nav has often taken me a totally different route to avoid a closure, but that information is only as good as highways updating it, which doesn't always happen even with google.

But if the rumor on AP being disabled if you have few forced disengagements, the fir sure the next step is court.

Not only tesla is the only known automaker which disables AP til end of drive if AP forcedly disengaged, but not if item is banned, then there are some legal proceedings for sure

But if the rumor on AP being disabled if you have few forced disengagements, the fir sure the next step is court.

Not only tesla is the only known automaker which disables AP til end of drive if AP forcedly disengaged, but not if item is banned, then there are some legal proceedings for sure
Wasn't the whole thing with "autopilot" in regards to the actual name for the system used?

It doesn't do this (and never has).
Eh?
It literally does :)))

Turn on AP, drive without touching steering wheel, get yellow steering wheel shown in the screen and AP is not available for you till end of drive, until you turn In P and into D again

Same applies if you have AP enabled and accelerate past 85 mph now as @M1tch said