Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Holiday Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Supposedly its only removed from users that have never used it or not used it for a long time.

Doesn't make it right mind. Just another thing that "may" have been a factor, allbeit a small one, in the purchase of the vehicle that has been taken away after the fact. Pretty poor show.

Supposedly its only removed from users that have never used it or not used it for a long time.

Doesn't make it right mind. Just another thing that "may" have been a factor, allbeit a small one, in the purchase of the vehicle that has been taken away after the fact. Pretty poor show.
Use web browser and login to Disney+.
The app will then reappear.

Just completed my first 50 mile motorway drive with 5.1. Not a single hesitation or phantom brake for the first time in 12 months. The auto wipers worked as expected too. Thank you Santa 🧑‍🎄

Now, if only it lasts!
Same for me. First drive on 44.30.5.1, 50km in Italy, driving on the right, no hesitation and I’ve not seen any difference in nugs/pay attention compared to 44.1.
I was very worried, based on the nag/camera horror stories on this forum, but I had no issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: timberlights
Same for me. First drive on 44.30.5.1, 50km in Italy, driving on the right, no hesitation and I’ve not seen any difference in nugs/pay attention compared to 44.30.2.
I was very worried, based on the nag/camera horror stories on this forum, but I had no issues.
I bought a camera cover off Amazon and did this drive using the camera covered.

To be fair there were no more or less nags but I think there were a few random hold steering wheel nags even thought I was.

I completed a 300 miles trip on 44.30.2. Camera on. Nighttime. (Illuminated IR).
Didn't get any extra nags compared to before, just resting my hand on the steering wheel, sometimes switching music on the touchscreen... so I am not sure what all the fuss was about. I guess if you have normal levels of attentiveness on a motorway it shouldn't be a problem.

Makes me wonder what the whining bunch is normally doing at the wheel... Maybe it's a good thing they released these additional checks for the safety of other drivers out there.

Thought I’d mention one of the bug fixes that came with the Christmas update. Not very exciting, but it may be useful for someone experiencing the same issue.

The update prior to the Christmas update introduced a glitch with the positions of my offside mirror. When automatically changing the profile from easy entry to my profile, the position of the offside mirror would not correctly adjust. It moved outwards, but never moved up, so it would remain pointing down. Selecting my profile once things had stopped moving would then correctly adjust the mirror. I initially thought it might be a hardware issue, but the fact it would always work when manually selecting the profile suggested it was a software glitch. This only happened to the offside, never the nearside, and it was only the upwards movement that didn’t occur. I tried a seat/mirror calibration, however this failed every time (seems to be a common issue, these days?) and restarted the car, to no avail. However, the Christmas update has fixed it.

I've been impressed with Vision Park Assist top-down accuracy in parking bays on every occasion so far but other locations, not so much.

However, swivelling the top-down view whilst parked at my Fathers bungalow does show a reasonably accurate representation of the surroundings. I'm still not going to be confident with trusting screen accuracy but this is certainly superior to prior vision park assist. None of the rotated views stay on screen for more than a second or so, it reverts to one of the top-down images as shown below.

Actual location.
IMG_8885.jpg

In Drive (deeper view ahead)
Forward.jpg

In Reverse (deeper view behind)
Reverse.jpg

Front-right (door porch posts & bush clearly modelled)
1a.jpg

Above-rear (Bird table more visible)
Reverse above.jpg

Front-left (includes edge of garage and apple trees beyond the other car)
Front.jpg

Paths, grass etc always seem to be modelled as grey areas of varying intensity.

I’ve not see it in action but it looks terrible. Not sure how you could park with that.
It is terrible.

Even though they have removed the distances, it remains inconsistent, it's just less obvious. Perform the same manoeuvre several times and you'll get the 'STOP' message at different points - so it remains inconsistent which is the last thing you want in a slow speed manoeuvreing assistance system.

I think we can agree that it’s better than the ribbons though. in terms of overall it’s a case of garbage-in, garbage-out - it’s never going to be as good as ultrasonics, but there are aspects of it that appear to be better (e.g. drawing kerbs, etc). I wouldn’t be averse to getting this High Fidelity Park Assist so long as it didn’t disable ultrasonics.

The fact it’s doing a reasonable job of 3D mapping the region is impressive, I think. Presumably it would be even better on HW4 cameras, etc.

Reactions: ACarneiro