Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Model 3 Performance Announced - Discussion thread post announcement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thx!!
What were the conditions:
SOC?
Driver weight?
Ext temp and weather?
Tires warm or cold?
You ask, and you shall receive, Conditions were as follows outside air temperature 69 and raining This run wasn't a complete straight line. had to turn just a little bit. fouloelle state of charge 91% and battery up to temp. Just got done supercharging.

Driver 285lbs

You ask, and you shall receive, Conditions were as follows outside air temperature 69 and raining This run wasn't a complete straight line. had to turn just a little bit. fouloelle state of charge 91% and battery up to temp. Just got done supercharging.

Driver 285lbs
So this was the US pano test then?
Cool!

Ok so I weigh 185lbs
Figured dry run at 74F (23c), 90%+, straight line and heated battery would yield a diff result :)

I’m waiting a Canadian MIC version (51st bastard child state) so hoping it can maintain similar to Pano up to 0-90/95mph (0-150kph) which would be what I care about tbh.

Last edited:
Reposting in this thread. DLO posted their dragy today. SoC >90%. California (Fremont delivery) vehicle. 54* F.

1716676176482.jpeg

Reactions: MarkoP
This just happened 🤯Finally took delivery! I wanted to share some quick photos with my TMC fam along with an initial first impression before I go out and have more fun with my new ride. This is the first Tesla I've owned and the first red car I've ever owned. Let me start out with the Ultra Red, its even more amazing in person and has this chameleon like quality where its shade will change on you depending on the lighting. Today was a foggy day here in Socal which brought out this nice darker tone of the ultra red. It was between white or ultra red and just happy I went out of my comfort zone. As for the ride, I've driven various Teslas from family and friends including a 2022 M3P. But I wouldn't be the best person to comment on comparison between this M3P gen vs. the last. But just as car in its own, its everything I could've dreamed of. The drive, ride, turns, speed, and acceleration just blows me away. I've owned some fast cars throughout my lifetime (BMW M3, etc...) but this is something else. I still have more driving to do to really soak it all in but its really love at first sight or should I say love at first ride with this new M3P. I can't see how this car will disappoint any new owner. Now back to more driving....more pics/feedback later 😜

1716677495754.png

1716677699894.png

This just happened 🤯Finally took delivery! I wanted to share some quick photos with my TMC fam along with an initial first impression before I go out and have more fun with my new ride. This is the first Tesla I've owned and the first red car I've ever owned. Let me start out with the Ultra Red, its even more amazing in person and has this chameleon like quality where its shade will change on you depending on the lighting. Today was a foggy day here in Socal which brought out this nice darker tone of the ultra red. It was between white or ultra red and just happy I went out of my comfort zone. As for the ride, I've driven various Teslas from family and friends including a 2022 M3P. But I wouldn't be the best person to comment on comparison between this M3P gen vs. the last. But just as car in its own, its everything I could've dreamed of. The drive, ride, turns, speed, and acceleration just blows me away. I've owned some fast cars throughout my lifetime (BMW M3, etc...) but this is something else. I still have more driving to do to really soak it all in but its really love at first sight or should I say love at first ride with this new M3P. I can't see how this car will disappoint any new owner. Now back to more driving....more pics/feedback later 😜

View attachment 1050587

View attachment 1050588
I didn't think we'd be seeing these in SoCal this soon. Had I known I might have ordered this instead of the MYP (also in that stunning Ultra Red!) but I needed a car now, not in June, and I didn't think customers would actually get them until July.

Congrats on the purchase! It's a stunner. I wasn't too sure about those new wheels but they look great here. We're anxious to read more about your experiences with it.

Reactions: arkhos and Stan1
The new Model 3 looks gorgeous in photos and in person. Tempting to get a M3P with the tax credit. Seems like a great "cheap" daily driver car, although not sure how it will feel downgrading from a Plaid. Wonder when they are available for test drives.

My biggest complaint about the Plaid is the suspension. It just gets unsettled over bumps and rough roads, which is so annoying compared to any other luxury performance car. Even Taycan/Etron/EQS are so much better in suspension, not sure why Tesla is so behind in that regard but superior in so many ways.

View attachment 1050587

View attachment 1050588
Nice, looks like San Diego SC? congrats

The new Model 3 looks gorgeous in photos and in person. Tempting to get a M3P with the tax credit. Seems like a great "cheap" daily driver car, although not sure how it will feel downgrading from a Plaid. Wonder when they are available for test drives.

My biggest complaint about the Plaid is the suspension. It just gets unsettled over bumps and rough roads, which is so annoying compared to any other luxury performance car. Even Taycan/Etron/EQS are so much better in suspension, not sure why Tesla is so behind in that regard but superior in so many ways.
Not sure what the “authority” of this tuber is but… he apparently owns a MS Plaid and CT and is loving the M3P (more).

Certainly made me (even more) excited for this car!

How can Kyle prefer the 3 over the S??

Smaller and lighter makes it more fun to drive.

Yeah the fun in driving a car isn't primarily from straight line speed 0-60. I have driven an S, and currently own an X, and they both feel like boats. Straight line, the X is the quickest car i've ever owned. But, I still much prefer the driving dynamics of a compact sports sedan for everyday driving.

How can Kyle prefer the 3 over the S??
Depends on why he prefers it.

The S will win every single day for range, practicality, ride comfort, passenger comfort and probably for things like NVH and build quality, depending on what improvements they made for Highland (I haven't been in one).

The M3P will win out for handling and performance simply by virtue of physics, making it more fun/engaging to drive.

Reactions: MagnusMako
Depends on why he prefers it.

The S will win every single day for range, practicality, ride comfort, passenger comfort and probably for things like NVH and build quality, depending on what improvements they made for Highland (I haven't been in one).

The M3P will win out for handling and performance simply by virtue of physics, making it more fun/engaging to drive.
Depends on the type of performance