Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$2500 CA Rebate Experience?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For CVRP, I haven't taken delivery on the Model 3 yet, but from my exp., you don't need to wait as long as you have your sales contract, VIN#, and temp. DMV registration.
Thanks! I think they are only giving out Vin # on delivery date now. I got a call yesterday for Tesla and Vin# will be given on delivery date. But you can come in ahead of time to provide payment. You can get you the Vin # and set up your apps.

I just logged in to check my status. No change, I submitted my application on 5/9 and it is still at "Thank you for submitting supporting documents. We will review them for completeness and accuracy. View current processing times."
Here is the latest processing times:
CVRP staff members review applications in the order that supporting documents are received. Our average times to first review are shown below. These estimates were last updated: 6/25/2018.

Applications not selected for income verification: 55 calendar days.
Applications selected for income verification: 47 calendar days.

For CVRP, I haven't taken delivery on the Model 3 yet, but from my exp., you don't need to wait as long as you have your sales contract, VIN#, and temp. DMV registration.

This is not exactly correct information as I learned the hard way. You must have taken delivery and the contract date must be the delivery date and not the date you entered into the contract. I applied before I took delivery (you have 14 days to upload your documents) knowing I would take delivery in a couple of days. Then after taking delivery I uploaded the required documents including the temp DMV reg. 40 days later I am notified that my submission is cancelled and I must resubmit because the date of submission of the form was prior to my "contract date" which to them is the date of registration, not the date in your contract. Now the wait is out to 55 days and I am having to wait all over again. However, they do reserve the funds for you when you apply.

This is not exactly correct information as I learned the hard way. You must have taken delivery and the contract date must be the delivery date and not the date you entered into the contract. I applied before I took delivery (you have 14 days to upload your documents) knowing I would take delivery in a couple of days. Then after taking delivery I uploaded the required documents including the temp DMV reg. 40 days later I am notified that my submission is cancelled and I must resubmit because the date of submission of the form was prior to my "contract date" which to them is the date of registration, not the date in your contract. Now the wait is out to 55 days and I am having to wait all over again. However, they do reserve the funds for you when you apply.

Thanks for sharing your exp. and correction. All my past exp with CVRP were with traditional dealerships which I did my sale contract, took delivery, and then got my temp registration at the same place same time. So I never experienced any date issue.