Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$2500 CA Rebate Experience?

gregd

Dec 31, 2014
CM98
Anyone know if the PG&E rebate be gotten more than once? My wife got it last winter for a phev.
Different topic than the CA rebate, but the PG&E Clean Fuel rebate is once per vehicle, forever (i.e. can't get it on a used vehicle if the prior owner got it). New vehicle, new credit.

amoney805

Sep 7, 2015
Paso Robles, CA
Different topic than the CA rebate, but the PG&E Clean Fuel rebate is once per vehicle, forever (i.e. can't get it on a used vehicle if the prior owner got it). New vehicle, new credit.
Right, my question was regarding a different vehicle, but same household. Can the pg&e rebate be done twice.

ebmcs03

Dec 22, 2017
So Cal
If it runs out say in the next 3 weeks, and you miss it this year, can you claim it next year assuming program funding is renewed?

Yes sort of. You can actually still apply and then be on the wait list. Once funding is renewed you’ll be the first ones to get it.

It’s been like this since 2014 when I first entered the EV game.

• Informative
Reactions: SoCalGuy

Nexus7

Jul 9, 2018
Santa Barbara, CA
I finally got an e-mail that I'm being sent a check for the CA rebate after having been approved for 10 weeks. I was thinking it was a sham or they had no money, but it looks like it's coming to fruition. I was approved in 4 weeks after applying.

Need

Nov 22, 2017
SoCal
I think CA's fiscal year starts at Oct 1? So if/when it run out in July or August, just have to wait for Oct 1 to apply? Or maybe you could apply ahead of time and the application will just wait for the '19 funding.

9erDog

Aug 2, 2017
Cypress, CA
I think CA's fiscal year starts at Oct 1? So if/when it run out in July or August, just have to wait for Oct 1 to apply? Or maybe you could apply ahead of time and the application will just wait for the '19 funding.
CA’s fiscal year starts July 1. CVRP May have a different funding cycle. I believe they have October meetings during which they allocate available funds.

Need

Nov 22, 2017
SoCal
Just got mine approved. Says roughly 60 days for approval? Is that just being conservative or do people get it sooner than that?

It said 60 days now? It used to say 30 days I think. It took about 30 days back in Apr this year for approval. But after getting the approval email, there is a 90 days wait for the check. I just got my check like 1 or 2 weeks ago and I was approved in May.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC