Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it safe to assume that if my car's build date was January 2019, that I have the 980 motor?
You have to look on the driver side rear wheel area. You can see the silver tag if you look closely or use a flashlight / phone. No need to jack up the car unless you don’t have open faced wheels. Follow the toe arm at the 9 o’clock position of the wheel...you’ll see it.
F4DE0936-88CC-4BAB-AD79-4F8EEBEE7134.jpeg

The question now is that if you’re “off” the the network...do they know you’re “off” the network.

They would know if they wished to check. I don't expect this would routinely be done unless there was a reason to though.

Nor does JUST being off network really mean anything by itself- maybe you just had it stored for a while in a garage that didn't receive any wifi or LTE. It'd be off network then too.

The issue would (potentially) be once you connect back and the logs reflect you were driving a P for a while when your car isn't a P- and there'd be a number of ways I can think of (and probably some I can't) they could tell that.

They would know if they wished to check. I don't expect this would routinely be done unless there was a reason to though.

Nor does JUST being off network really mean anything by itself- maybe you just had it stored for a while in a garage that didn't receive any wifi or LTE. It'd be off network then too.

The issue would (potentially) be once you connect back and the logs reflect you were driving a P for a while when your car isn't a P- and there'd be a number of ways I can think of (and probably some I can't) they could tell that.
I mean since the car is continually connected to the net...they could assume that it’s somewhere in a garage and not being driven. Then when you finally do connect your milage has gone up by thousands. Only someone on the inside with the mothership would know how they log your car. Also using AP communicates back doesn’t it? Don’t they use our car for beta testing AP and FSD?

I mean since the car is continually connected to the net...they could assume that it’s somewhere in a garage and not being driven. Then when you finally do connect your milage has gone up by thousands. Only someone on the inside with the mothership would know how they log your car. Also using AP communicates back doesn’t it? Don’t they use our car for beta testing AP and FSD?

The car will still be online, they are just suppressing the updates. Otherwise you would have a fairly worthless car: no Supercharging, no navigation, no streaming music, no app access, etc.

I imagine it would be similar to the recent iPhone jailbreak. You are still connected to network it’s just that the update server will not connect. The jailbreak community has a mod that blocks updates. Everything else will work like normal.

Pretty dope mod, and I’m certain you can jump updates and not have to have incremental updates.

Hoping for a Black Friday discount on this or something!!

That is a seriously quick time. Like the quickest time I've ever seen on draggy or close to it. Have you lightened your car? Are you running 18 inch wheels? Have you done anything else to achieve such an amazing time?

If not, your time raises some interesting questions about whether or not they've actually done something to improve the inverter code or whether they simply just unlocked performance level inverter function

Thanks! Yes I have some. MPP rotors all around and TSW 18" Nurburgring wheels and MPP 12v battery. So a fair amount of rotational mass and a little extra static weight taken away. I knocked @Sam1 down a smidge on the Dragy leaderboards for the fastest 0-60 P3D time but our times are identical down to the hundredth. He completed his in 148.61 ft and mine was 148.54 ft. He has the lightweight RB rotors and I'm not sure what else. I look forward to seeing what I can do at the drag strip. I may try for this Sunday and get my dad to film it. I have another Tesla friend with an AWD+ 3 so we may sync up to race and I'll see if I can film it with my new GoPro.

I do get some tire squeal now if I floor it on some street surfaces. And my MXM4's only have a few hundred miles on them so the tread is fine.

My guess is that it's a reflash with very similar numbers to the P, thus keeping it 'original' (and perhaps legal based on the DMCA jargon Knightshade mentioned earlier). There was a Stage 3 listed on the EG site way back when this became available but it has since been removed. EG had informed me that they have intentions of doing it but no firm timeline. So I'd imagine there may still be some room to spare, however probably a small amount. Can't say I'd necessarily go for it as it'd be pushing the car to the limits. Maybe when it's completely out of warranty and I get another Tesla I'd do that but for now this will keep me satisfied.

I've also supercharged since the mod without issue. I'll let everyone know if Tesla comes after me haha.

Last edited:
Thanks! Yes I have some. MPP rotors all around and TSW 18" Nurburgring wheels and MPP 12v battery. So a fair amount of rotational mass and a little extra static weight taken away. I knocked @Sam1 down a smidge on the Dragy leaderboards for the fastest 0-60 P3D time but our times are identical down to the hundredth. He completed his in 148.61 ft and mine was 148.54 ft. He has the lightweight RB rotors and I'm not sure what else. I look forward to seeing what I can do at the drag strip. I may try for this Sunday and get my dad to film it. I have another Tesla friend with an AWD+ so we may sync up to race and I'll see if I can film it with my new GoPro.

I do get some tire squeal now if I floor it on some street surfaces. And my MXM4's only have a few hundred miles on them so the tread is fine.

My guess is that it's a reflash with very similar numbers to the P, thus keeping it 'original' (and perhaps legal based on the DMCA jargon Knightshade mentioned earlier). There was a Stage 3 listed on the EG site way back when this became available but it has since been removed. EG had informed me that they have intentions of doing it but no firm timeline. So I'd imagine there may still be some room to spare, however probably a small amount. Can't say I'd necessarily go for it as it'd be pushing the car to the limits. Maybe when it's completely out of warranty and I get another Tesla I'd do that but for now this will keep me satisfied.

I've also supercharged since the mod without issue. I'll let everyone know if Tesla comes after me haha.

Congrats! Now I gotta get it in 148.53 feet
:D

Am running into issues with all the roads here in Vegas being dusty... Zero rain in 177 days now, so nothing is happening any time soon and a test and tune is a month away at the dragstrip. Just know that I will give up sodas and PB M&M's to make this happen.

This raises the obvious question: why doesn't Tesla sell this as a step-up upgrade from their current $2,000 all-wheel drive dual motor upgrade? In other words for another ~$3,000 say you get to go all the way to the performance level, including track mode. That way folks who bought this initially don't feel undercut by Tesla, and people who want the benefits of this extra level of performance and software don't have to worry about subterfuge, warranty invalidation, etc etc. It's low-lying fruit for Tesla in terms of probably at least some degree of cash immediately, in exchange for what, server time? I don't get Tesla's lack of creativity on this kind of stuff.

This raises the obvious question: why doesn't Tesla sell this as a step-up upgrade from their current $2,000 all-wheel drive dual motor upgrade? In other words for another ~$3,000 say you get to go all the way to the performance level, including track mode. That way folks who bought this initially don't feel undercut by Tesla, and people who want the benefits of this extra level of performance and software don't have to worry about subterfuge, warranty invalidation, etc etc. It's low-lying fruit for Tesla in terms of probably at least some degree of cash immediately, in exchange for what, server time? I don't get Tesla's lack of creativity on this kind of stuff.
Because for the business it's better that you will be afraid of having remorse not buying P and more people pay for P. And if you got a remorse strong enough - you sell cheaper Tesla to +1 customer while buying a new car.

Sometime it's not a lack of creativity, but different goals and knowledge of the market.

• Funny
Reactions: dfwatt

i havnt looked at the whole thread but as far as i know the model 3 p inverter is rated at like 1200a but the awd only 900a or smth. however a lot of the older awds just have a nerfed p motor/inverter hence the unlock is possible. so im not sure if this works for older model 3s.

Because it will cannibalize the sales of the P and increase the sales of LRAWD only. Also the reason they can’t make this upgradable and make money is bc they changed the motor to the 990 which is less capable than the 980 motor. They can’t make a “tesla” upgrade that only pertain to only a handful of people.

If you haven’t notice Tesla has gotten real real cheap lately cutting every cost they can.

cheaper 990 motor
No floor mats
No home link
No auto dim mirrors
Cheaper vegan leather
No ceramic back glass
Chrome delete
Removed sun roof from S
Removed Air cooled seats from X

This raises the obvious question: why doesn't Tesla sell this as a step-up upgrade from their current $2,000 all-wheel drive dual motor upgrade? I.

Because it only works on 980 rear DUs since those are what the P has- and what all 3s got for the first ~18 months of production....but now the AWD (and the SR now I think from another thread) come with the cheaper 990 rear DU.

So they'd have to admit to recent and NEW customers- Hey you're buying a crappier drivetrain than we used to put in this car.

Which is obviously not something they want to publicize.

And if they're just giving up a few grand per 2018-build (and some early 2019) LR AWD cars to avoid that it's worth it to them, versus the 2k acceleration boost that everyone can get.

i havnt looked at the whole thread but as far as i know the model 3 p inverter is rated at like 1200a but the awd only 900a or smth. however a lot of the older awds just have a nerfed p motor/inverter hence the unlock is possible. so im not sure if this works for older model 3s.

Nothing nerfed about it other than software- a 980 is a 980.

If you look at the parts catalog there's no special P version. If your 980 rear DU car has a dead DU you get the same replacement part regardless of being a P or not.

The issue is the 990 cars can't do this at all.

• Informative
Reactions: dfwatt
Because it only works on 980 rear DUs since those are what the P has- and what all 3s got for the first ~18 months of production....but now the AWD (and the SR now I think from another thread) come with the cheaper 990 rear DU.

So they'd have to admit to recent and NEW customers- Hey you're buying a crappier drivetrain than we used to put in this car.

Which is obviously not something they want to publicize.

And if they're just giving up a few grand per 2018-build (and some early 2019) LR AWD cars to avoid that it's worth it to them, versus the 2k acceleration boost that everyone can get.

Nothing nerfed about it other than software- a 980 is a 980.

If you look at the parts catalog there's no special P version. If your 980 rear DU car has a dead DU you get the same replacement part regardless of being a P or not.

The issue is the 990 cars can't do this at all.

So in other words this cheaper 990 motor can't go to P performance levels ? So this would mean that the $2000 boost upgrade which as I understand it works on all dual motor Long range Vehicles takes that system to its top output and it can Go-no-further ? Does this mean that Electric Garage can't sell its performance hack on those cars?