Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

370 miles of range!!!!!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Buy a $30K CPO for your kid, save $20K on Ludicrous, now a $30K CPO costs you only $10K - cheap car for your kid,very safe and with free supercharging to take away with you to university.

Hi, I'm your long lost son. Please let me know when you are ready to buy me a Tesla.

OK seriously, I think it's a great idea for those that can afford it. Much safer than any car my parents bought me back in the day.

How long does this Ludicrous offer last you think?

Also any news on CCS for Europe? The MS site does not state anything on the plug or details like that anymore it seems.

I see that 19" wheels are standard even for Performance. I guess that makes it less value if the price was equal before?
But I actually like that. Consumption low, not so stiff but still the performance.

It does not even mention what is different on the Performance version vs the normal Long Range other than acceleration. Brakes?

Last year after receiving a direct hit from Hurricane Florence, Tesla Temporarily increased my range about 25% . This lasted around 3 months and jumped me from 335 to around 435. During this time I made one round trip of 350 miles and did not have to recharge. Returned home with 30 miles or so remaining. So, It would appear that they would not have to do anything other than software change to produce this increase. Wondering if it will have any effect on the battery. Wondering if Anyone can do anything to decrease the life span of the battery anyway. If you have this much buffer in a battery pack, it would be easy to make it look as if a battery has little or no degradation I also noticed the recommended daily charging went up to a top of chart range of about 300 miles. This makes me think that all of our charging strategies were for naught. I just flat out love this Bar, I mean Car. Never have I ever bough anything that has gotten better over time, with new and better features. It is a marvel. (May have to add a 20 year old bottle of Pappy to this statement)

I hope this does not start another seminar on batteries. I just want to be surprised if mine dies before I do.

Last year after receiving a direct hit from Hurricane Florence, Tesla Temporarily increased my range about 25% . This lasted around 3 months and jumped me from 335 to around 435.
Please elaborate, hard facts? 335, miles, S100D? Or kms of some other car that was software limited?

I do wonder whether part of the range increase came from widening the voltage range. A bit lower and/or higher a (dis)charge limit, for free miles as seen in Model 3 recently from 310 to 325 mi. It did seem to be hinted at.

Last year after receiving a direct hit from Hurricane Florence, Tesla Temporarily increased my range about 25% . This lasted around 3 months and jumped me from 335 to around 435. During this time I made one round trip of 350 miles and did not have to recharge. Returned home with 30 miles or so remaining.

Lol, no.

I don't understand the lack of aero wheels or wheel covers for the S/X like they are available for the 3. They make a significant difference at freeway speeds. My tests with self made disks shows a 5-6% increase in range at 65 mph. at 75-80 mph (common speed on interstates) it's more like 8%. The cost - gain ratio of aero covers is unbeatable.

The other thing that scares me a little about Tesla's continues change and upgrade and incremental progress is future parts and repair. It's going to be a nightmare finding the correct parts for a Model S in a few years when it needs repairs.

I don't understand the lack of aero wheels or wheel covers for the S/X like they are available for the 3. They make a significant difference at freeway speeds. My tests with self made disks shows a 5-6% increase in range at 65 mph. at 75-80 mph (common speed on interstates) it's more like 8%. The cost - gain ratio of aero covers is unbeatable.

The other thing that scares me a little about Tesla's continues change and upgrade and incremental progress is future parts and repair. It's going to be a nightmare finding the correct parts for a Model S in a few years when it needs repairs.

The parts can definitely be an issue, but aren't a lot of the new parts compatible in the old cars?

Reactions: APotatoGod
Just got permission from the wife to trade in the old S 75 on a Performance S!

I knew there was a reason I didn't go all the way when I bought our 100D. Now that will be her car, and I get to go even faster!

Only question is how long to wait before ordering to make sure they have the new drivetrain figured out, but not so long that they rescind the Free Ludicrous offer.

I'm not sure it works that way.. you can't double dip on the $20k discount. Either it goes towards the $30k CPO car (to make it $10k), or it goes towards the new LRP car (to make it about $100k). You'd still be putting out $130k for two cars (instead of $150k). Does it matter where the $20k goes? Like my mom says, "all dollars are green". :)
My scenario applies to someone who doesn't have a Tesla, but wants to buy LRP car and needs a car for their university bound child. Instead of buying a new LRP Tesla and a used Honda Civic, but new LRP and a used Tesla for the same net price. :)