Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

60 > 75 Upgrade now $2k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are no charger options now. 75s and 90s will come with 48A charger and 100s will come with 72A charger.
My car has a software upgradable charger, and Tesla quoted me $2300AUD to do the upgrade OTA. That was about two months ago.
I had to ask at the SC because it wasn't listed as an option on my My Tesla page, like the battery upgrade was.
I decided not to do it because it wasn't quite worth $2300 to me, but if it's now cheaper I might buy it too.

Does anyone know the first manufacturing date for Model S 70s that can be upgraded to 75s? I have a May 2015 delivery that doesn't show any upgrade available on the "My Tesla" page. Just out of curiosity, where on the page do see the upgrade offer?

Yours wouldn't qualify. It's only for refreshed models (April 2016-present).

upload_2017-4-17_15-44-43.png

Tesla — 75 kWh Battery Capacity Upgrade

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
I'd be very surprised if they don't refund you the the difference.
When they increase the price, should they also go after the people that got lower price and ask for difference?
I get your sentiment, but if one agrees to pay for something and pays for it, that's the end of the story in my book. And yeah, I was on receiving end of it...

This is great news. I paid $86,600 for an inventory car last year and asked numerous times why it will cost me an addition $3250 for 5kWh. I was told that was the price and there was nothing that can be done. I'm glad I waited to perform the upgrade (now $500). Makes the total cost of the car $87,100. I know it's not apples to apples since I don't have AP2 but I love driving the car and barely use AP1.

When they increase the price, should they also go after the people that got lower price and ask for difference?
I get your sentiment, but if one agrees to pay for something and pays for it, that's the end of the story in my book. And yeah, I was on receiving end of it...

I agree. And, if I had purchased this weeks or months ago, so be it, that's business. But, when you make a purchase only to have the business drop the price by 70% less than 48 hours later, that might put a sour taste in the consumers mouth. Had Tesla dropped the price by $500-$1000, no big deal. But a 70% drop is big pill to swallow. Most businesses will do price matching within a certain timeframe and it would be good if Tesla did.

• Helpful
Reactions: googlepeakoil
That was great timing! Did you happen to see how the Ranger swapped out the badges, and how long it took him to do it? I am wondering if the badge simply pops off from the outside of the vehicle, or if it requires some work from inside the car.

I had a Tesla Ranger scheduled today already for a minor issue, and they were able to change my badge out to a 75! It's like a new car! lol!!!

That was great timing! Did you happen to see how the Ranger swapped out the badges, and how long it took him to do it? I am wondering if the badge simply pops off from the outside of the vehicle, or if it requires some work from inside the car.

You must use floss and some heat source to work it off. Then you glue and apply the badge. I've seen people when they get XPEL wrapped debadge and rebadge the car. There might be an easier way, but I think those XPEL installers probably know best.

I was on a conference call and did not see everything. He had a plastic pry bar which pry'd off the old stuff (it's held on by adhesive and requires nothing inside the car). He buffed off any residuue and then just slapped the 75 on! Will try to post a pic!

I had him there for a minor lighting issue and the badge. Total time for both.....30 minutes!!!!

Attachments

• 75.jpg
    75.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 72
Interesting that the last 10% (90-100) yields more than the (80-90). So with the 75 are you supposed to daily charge to 80% or 90%? Seems like minutiae but my daily commute is around 100mi so even an extra 10 miles is a good buffer for me if I need to make a stop on the way home. (If I don't charge every night.)