Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

60D Order/Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 195175 View attachment 195176 Delivery day!!! Okay, so it came in a week later than expected, but it was still almost a week sooner than the MVPA, so happy camper... Folks at Tesla were AWESOME. Couple minor issues found (so far):
1) driver side wing makes loud click when opening, door shakes and doesn't always open fully (believed to be a plastic piece/alignment issue, but will get handled quickly
2) Driver side door window rattles when it is rolled down and door is shut. Almost as if it's not fully connected somewhere.
3) Protruding cushion in middle row seat - minor thing, but could result in higher wear.
4) The Bluetooth phone connection did something strange... as in it didn't work. I made a call, and the person couldn't hear me, but the radio kept playing. Very possibly a "user error" situation, but I will report back with a definitive after further testing.

No other immediate issues noticed, but will report if others are found.

Thanks to TomTX37 for the checklist!

See if you can find my grandson in attached picture! He loves the car as much as we do!

Hey! I've been enjoying mine since I took delivery on 9/15 (though it was ready 9/13 --- gotta love the EOQ pushes!) but now it's at the body shop undergoing its preplanned "mutation" (ie wrap/customization) so I'm back for a sec and reading about yours..... it's like we have the same MX!! As in...

#1 - my PASSENGER side falcon clicks when opening (SC promised to handle this "known issue")
#2 - my PASSENGER side window got stuck outside the rubber seal once and was like you described ("not connected") - but having someone outside push/guide the window under the top rubber seal (of the car) while closing the window totally worked --- issue hasn't happened again but it never rattled per se so you might have a bigger issue

#3 - I spent a good HOUR looking over the exterior and found a few more issues with fit and finish (SC will be handling all of it thank goodness)!

Good luck to both of us!

X 60D - Bare Bones - 5 Seater
Ordered: 7/13
Confirmed: 7/21
1/2 off offer to 6 seat: 8/27
added: 6 seat config/SAS/Tow Package
VIN 01950X assigned: 8/30
Build Start Email: 9/16 (3am)
Build Complete email: 9/17 (7am)
Delivered to Las Vegas SC ready for pick up early as: 9/22
Pick up Scheduled for: 9/23

X 60D - Bare Bones - 5 Seater
Ordered: 7/13
Confirmed: 7/21
1/2 off offer to 6 seat: 8/27
added: 6 seat config/SAS/Tow Package
VIN 01950X assigned: 8/30
Build Start Email: 9/16 (3am)
Build Complete email: 9/17 (7am)
Delivered to Las Vegas SC ready for pick up early as: 9/22
Pick up Scheduled for: 9/23
Please post whether you got 8.0 installed when you pick it up. I'm scheduled for next week and hope to find it there.

Hey! I've been enjoying mine since I took delivery on 9/15 (though it was ready 9/13 --- gotta love the EOQ pushes!) but now it's at the body shop undergoing its preplanned "mutation" (ie wrap/customization) so I'm back for a sec and reading about yours..... it's like we have the same MX!! As in...

#1 - my PASSENGER side falcon clicks when opening (SC promised to handle this "known issue")
#2 - my PASSENGER side window got stuck outside the rubber seal once and was like you described ("not connected") - but having someone outside push/guide the window under the top rubber seal (of the car) while closing the window totally worked --- issue hasn't happened again but it never rattled per se so you might have a bigger issue

#3 - I spent a good HOUR looking over the exterior and found a few more issues with fit and finish (SC will be handling all of it thank goodness)!

Good luck to both of us!

UPDATE: The "Clicking" on the Falcon Wing ended up pulling the top piece of chrome trim up from the small back window!!! Perhaps the clicking was the wing hitting the chrome trim! When I tried to close the door, it would not close due to the bent chrome, so I had to bend it more to get the door to close. As I looked closer at the trim, I see where the bottom part of that window's trim has very little gap between it and the door also, so I'm guessing it's a door alignment issue.

They initially scheduled to have me bring the car back Oct 24, but when the chrome pulled up, they moved me to the head of the line - basically because I cannot use that door now.

Another thing I noticed is that the Frunk requires an unusual amount of power to close, and I am concerned about denting it.

Ouch, took delivery and I drove it out of the parking lot to load my car seats, opened the driver side falcon door, and SNAP the door hits the chrome trim and it came out and bent. It's back to the shop on day 1. They are replacing the trim and door sensor.

Attachments

• IMG_6022.JPG
    IMG_6022.JPG
    357.9 KB · Views: 84
  • Informative
Reactions: SaintD
Yea just when you think the quality has improved... GL to yours.

It was ok inside the delivery center. I opened and closed it a few times. They are trying to get me a loaner because it can't be done today. Not the best day today. I almost wish it starts snapping next week instead of today, you know.

Ouch, took delivery and I drove it out of the parking lot to load my car seats, opened the driver side falcon door, and SNAP the door hits the chrome trim and it came out and bent. It's back to the shop on day 1. They are replacing the trim and door sensor.
Seems to be an issue a few people are having. I had a hard time visualizing it from the photo.

Yea just when you think the quality has improved... GL to yours.

It was ok inside the delivery center. I opened and closed it a few times. They are trying to get me a loaner because it can't be done today. Not the best day today. I almost wish it starts snapping next week instead of today, you know.
Besides the FWD, anything else you noted I should be aware of?