Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

60D Order/Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my 60D this morning. What a car! I used the checklist from here and it went fine. The car is amazing. Both kids car seats fit fine in the third row so I have a full sedan during the day after drop off in the morning. Autopilot on the 101 in stop and go was weird but cool. It accelerates better than my BMW, and going back to that to do the lease return prep felt like going back in time. Also the service and sales process is really nice. No salesman behavior that I hate from car shopping.

Last edited:
Stopped by the Austin Pond Springs location to see if I could spot our car in the parking lot since we've got delivery scheduled for Tuesday. No luck, but I did see two other brand new 60Ds there in the lot. Both were in the 15XXX VIN range. There was a big truck with at least Xs on board. Apparently this wasn't the first truck today either.

View media item 115969View media item 115968
//TB

We picked up our X 60D on Saturday. We are beyond thrilled! For those asking above we inquired about charging to 100% and they said that it was fine and the speed of charge would not reduce as we approached full charge.

If you can get that in writing, perhaps even signed by a service manager and you should be golden. Perhaps even ask if you can "share that" online with the group here. Knowing that "Tesla says 100% charge daily in an MS or MX 60 is fine if the battery is 75 kWh" would be a good community service to broadcast.

Pictures or it didn't happen!

Just picked up my 60D. Seems to be in perfect condition, though I do need drive more to see if I'm getting unnecessary wind noise on the driver side window (was windy and going 75 on the toll road, so could just have been that). I'll post more later, but work beckons.

//TB

Attachments

• IMG_20160913_132103.jpg
    IMG_20160913_132103.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 96