Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7.1 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Autopilot now seems to steer me into adjacent lanes especially when crossing intersections, yes, yes, I know, not designed for that, but I don't do long distance drives much. I use autopilot in stop and go traffic. Takes a bit of the stress out of it.

I find if the intersection is straight, it usually will go straight through without any steering and pick up the lines on the other side of the lights. But the best way is to have a car in front so that your car can follow it.

I find if the intersection is straight, it usually will go straight through without any steering and pick up the lines on the other side of the lights. But the best way is to have a car in front so that your car can follow it.
I've used Autosteer everyday through and around the Sydney Harbour Tunnel since the update. It really seems better to me - more stable on the road.
But I don't use it on intersections at all, so no comments there. I'm worried that I'll forget to pay attention and I'll be in a crash, as the first and only time I used it through an intersection it didn't cope well. So now I stick to the recommendations... (unlike in every other part of my life....)

They didn't manage to add the feature even my 1971 Datsun had....the ability to stay on the radio station that was playing when you last drove the car. Wonders of modern technology.

I'm glad you mentioned this. I was wondering if it was just my car. I get in the car and can have an Italian radio station playing or any other random station no matter what I was listening to on my last trip. Why is this?

By the way my 1978 Datsun 200B only had AM radio. I had to get an aftermarket with casette deck and FM radio installed later on when all the contemporary music stations went to FM.

I'm glad you mentioned this. I was wondering if it was just my car. I get in the car and can have an Italian radio station playing or any other random station no matter what I was listening to on my last trip. Why is this?

By the way my 1978 Datsun 200B only had AM radio. I had to get an aftermarket with casette deck and FM radio installed later on when all the contemporary music stations went to FM.
Have you selected a station using tune-in, or selected on spotify? Mine always stays as selected, via tune-in.

New iPhone app downloaded today (version 2.74).

Only description is "support for newest versions of model S"

What have newer model s cars got that is different to existing? (That would be controlled from the app anyway)
Yes TesAus, I asked myself the same thing... Then came to the conclusion that they meant "support for newest version of Tesla update".

Then I asked myself that question about the newest update. Vicious circle.

New iPhone app downloaded today (version 2.74).

Only description is "support for newest versions of model S"

What have newer model s cars got that is different to existing? (That would be controlled from the app anyway)
I guess it is more an update to graphics in the app to show the new body style if your car has it. Or maybe the option to turn on the biohazard defence mode in the app.

I guess it is more an update to graphics in the app to show the new body style if your car has it. Or maybe the option to turn on the biohazard defence mode in the app.

I guess that makes sense...

Though car looks the same from the side...can't see the nose or lack thereof...

Still turn on bio defence might be it... Coz when you are outside with all the microbes you might want to protect the interior of your car... Create a kind of bubble... Then you can summon it to a safe place and open the doors after decontamination protocol...

I guess that makes sense...

Though car looks the same from the side...can't see the nose or lack thereof...

Still turn on bio defence might be it... Coz when you are outside with all the microbes you might want to protect the interior of your car... Create a kind of bubble... Then you can summon it to a safe place and open the doors after decontamination protocol...
Or maybe it has an easter egg that plays a cowbell tune accompanied by psychadelic flashing screen when activated....because the software developers have nothing else to do