Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woke up to my first EDD change.

Estimated Delivery: July 13 - August 24........FML

This is with a 8-14-21 order date and pending trade-in removed in January.

Beyond frustrated at this point mainly because I ordered this car (7-seater) because we were expecting our 4th baby and outgrew our model 3, then baby came early, and well....we can't go anywhere as a family because we don't all fit. Okay, rant over. I just want my car.

Woke up to my first EDD change.

Estimated Delivery: July 13 - August 24........FML

This is with a 8-14-21 order date and pending trade-in removed in January.

Beyond frustrated at this point mainly because I ordered this car (7-seater) because we were expecting our 4th baby and outgrew our model 3, then baby came early, and well....we can't go anywhere as a family because we don't all fit. Okay, rant over. I just want my car.
I have 4 as well so definitely in the same boat literally! My family of 6 is part of the reason I haven't "upgraded" to the performance model. I certainly hope that you get something soon! I am blessed to have a van to drive around but that van has over 250K miles and is starting to get expensive to repair and fill up with dyno juice!

I have 4 as well so definitely in the same boat literally! My family of 6 is part of the reason I haven't "upgraded" to the performance model. I certainly hope that you get something soon! I am blessed to have a van to drive around but that van has over 250K miles and is starting to get expensive to repair and fill up with dyno juice!
Same! I would have upgraded to the performance model by now if they had the 7-seat option! I really thought I ordered it early enough!

After 223 days of waiting I finally picked up my MYLR7! Will take better pictures to upload soon, but this should do for now! I took about an hour to inspect it all but she was almost flawless! Just some minor scuffs and one small stain on the interior.

One tip for delivery day - take a physical clipboard and inspection checklist to use. I tried to use a checklist on my phone (Tesla Prep) and it kept erasing all my progress whenever I opened up another application which was annoying.

I was having second thoughts about the third row, but after adjusting all three rows of seats and getting some family members to test it out,I’m glad I got it. It works out great for kids and even adults under 5’4” ish when we’re in a pinch.

Thank you to everyone in this group for the helpful hints, status updates and just letting me vent during the delays and frustrations. It made the wait a little more bearable.
Happy for you. Tesla, now think about folks outside California, please.

Reactions: Otter2007
Entered EDD window once again and now pushed from April 2nd - April 30th to April 17th - May 15th. This is getting old. Have a family road trip planned on June 7th and won’t be good if we don’t have the car. I was hoping to have it for a bit before the trip to get used to everything and install accessories.

Add me to the list of MYLR7s in almost the exact same time range-
OD: 10/6
MYLR7, MSM, FSD
EDD: 4/22-5/20 (been there for 2 weeks)

Interesting that all the MYLR7 dates on here seem to have been moving into alignment over the last few weeks.
I'm hoping move into the May range with the rest of you. This morning my EDD moved up from June 16 - July 28 to June 2 - July 14. Then again, I didn't order FSD so that's probably why 🙃

Add me to the list of MYLR7s in almost the exact same time range-
OD: 10/6
MYLR7, MSM, FSD
EDD: 4/22-5/20 (been there for 2 weeks)

Interesting that all the MYLR7 dates on here seem to have been moving into alignment over the last few weeks.
Thinking about adding FSD to help expedite the order and have been on the fence about it since the bump to $12k buying after delivery. I was orignally planning to test out the subscription for a month or two and then decide but there is more incentive to opt in now. @dlbrown2 Did you originally order with FSD or did you add it on? What sold you on it?

Thinking about adding FSD to help expedite the order and have been on the fence about it since the bump to $12k buying after delivery. I was orignally planning to test out the subscription for a month or two and then decide but there is more incentive to opt in now. @dlbrown2 Did you originally order with FSD or did you add it on? What sold you on it?
I’ve always planned to get it. I’m going to start to have regular 90 minute one-way commutes at least twice a week starting next year, so I want my commute to be as easy as possible. I also think this is one of the coolest technologies to be an early adopter of and I like beta testing things to get a glimpse of what’s coming. I’m also of the opinion that when/if the technology does break through, the price is going to go way up, and I’d rather have it before that happens (just my opinion- I know many others think it is a waste of money and we’re years away from this being viable.)

That said, when I placed my order originally, I had read online it was better to get FSD after the fact so that the purchase price of the car would be lower and you can save some money on taxes. I started to regret it though when the FSD price increase happened in January, but figured I had just lost out on 2k for not committing earlier. Then early last month, before all the EDD/FSD drama started, someone on here noted that it looked like they still had the option to add FSD for the price at the time of order and not lose their locked in config pricing (when that was still a thing.) I saw this as getting a do-over, and immediately added FSD. A week later or two later, everything with FSD shifting order dates started coming to light, so I ended up benefitting, but it was not my intention to pull in my EDD when I added it- just recover the $2k that I thought I had lost and lock in the $10k FSD price before the price could go up any more.

Reactions: vookenmeister@