Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey...can you confirm if you have a 75 kWh battery or 85 kWh battery by looking at the battery sticker?

Attachments

• IMG_2260.JPG
    IMG_2260.JPG
    315.8 KB · Views: 115
Interesting, thanks. Does that mean you could now fold down the center rear seat, e.g. to pass through ski's?

It doesn't look that way based on the vague images available. It's probably still the same 60/40 split, but we won't know for sure until people start taking delivery since Tesla is very secret about the changes just like AP2.5 and other potential changes that might be due.

"In addition, new Model S and Model X 75 kWh vehicles received an over-the-air software update and now have improved performance, with the ability to accelerate from zero to 60 mph one second faster."

I did the the email from Tesla.

I wonder what classifies as "NEW" will receive the over the air update

All Model S ordered after 22 July will get a completely re-designed back seat. Instead of the "bench" the back seat now is similar designed as the premium front seats and have three separate seats. The new back seat looks much better and probably more comfortable also!

Other changes is also that the center console now will be completely covered in the premium interior material instead of the plastic center console that has been installed in cars ordered prior to July 22.
Interesting, I didn't see this, where are the pictures of this?

Did anyone else get the August 2017 Update Email?

Is there some light at the end of the tunnel for those of us who have not received the increased performance?

View attachment 242306
I got this email i have 196XXX 75kWH .... I guess the question here is what does "new" mean ....? this thread seems to peg new as sometime in June 2017 ....pre June 2017 is old ?

I got this email i have 196XXX 75kWH .... I guess the question here is what does "new" mean ....? this thread seems to peg new as sometime in June 2017 ....pre June 2017 is old ?

I got the email too. I can only hope that the "new" according to Tesla is AP 2.0.

But I think reality will be different. One second faster is definitely nice but I wouldn't lose my sleep over it.

I got the email too. I can only hope that the "new" according to Tesla is AP 2.0.

But I think reality will be different. One second faster is definitely nice but I wouldn't lose my sleep over it.
I am keeping this 1 second performance fantasy alive anyway ... I texted my OA and he indicated it was going to be via a software update... but then again i asked what release and he went silent :D ... i don't think they tell the OA team much... we shall see fingers crossed....:rolleyes: