Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did some research and found the following:

- all 75D's used inventory in Europe (via ev-cpo) are quicker (4.4s) / lowest VIN available: 134xxx
- all 75's used inventory in Europe (via ev-cpo) are quicker (4.6s) / lowest VIN available: 153xxx
- all 70D's used inventory in Europe (via ev-cpo) are not quicker (5.4s) / highest VIN available: 127xxx
- all 100D's are now quicker, 0-100 in 3,3s (via ev-cpo)

One question left: how do I get the update for my 143xxx 75D?

With a 75D AP1 VIN 151xxx I have some skin in this game, but I'm not getting too excited just yet.

It's possible that the specs for the CPO cars are being auto-populated from model code, and are erroneously pulling figures for current 75Ds for the website.

In other words, when they list a 75D they don't hand-write the entire listing, but rather select Model from a drop down. It might not be sophisticated enough to differentiate between different flavours of 75D.

I sure hope I'm wrong though...

I'm going to ask Tesla Highland Park service guys to uncork my car. I thought someone else was scheduled to get that this weekend. Any updates? I was just in there so hopefully they remember me (in a good way) and I can get some answers but it could be a situation where HQ hasn't told them anything...

• Love
Reactions: Ski_
I'm going to ask Tesla Highland Park service guys to uncork my car. I thought someone else was scheduled to get that this weekend. Any updates? I was just in there so hopefully they remember me (in a good way) and I can get some answers but it could be a situation where HQ hasn't told them anything...

Yes there was someone on here that was scheduled to have there's done there on Saturday, but haven't heard from them.

Mine has been at Highland Park since Thursday getting other issues taken care of and I asked them about the update when I dropped it off. They advised me it was dependent on build date, they added checking for it on my car to the list of items to be addressed.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
Interesting that the older cars are quoting 4.4 seconds and the newer ones are 4.2 (75D).

Makes you think that there are 2 things, software and hardware but the older cars are software only and the newer cars are both hardware and software?

I'd be happy with any performance boost. We know the 75s can do more, they should free owner cars as well as their own...

So I picked up my S75D last week. It was a Tilburg stock model so only a 3 week wait. it aatived without the new motor, at least i font think it has as there is no DU00 or DU01 code on my link. I have however got the 85Kwh battery as seen on the sticker behind the drivers side (UK) wheel arch.

So I did a little test using the Powertools app the result is below 4.2 secs 0-60

So new motor is not required for the performance improvement.

IMG_4972.PNG