Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting it's 4.4 and not 4.2. I wonder if this means a software update for 75D owners is indeed possible? I'm 194xxx.
Usually the 4.2 vs 4.4s thing is the difference between 0-60mph and 0-100kph.
Because 100km is 62.1 miles you hit the 60mph a bit earlier than the 100kph mark.

Of course, that doesn't explain why the US site is showing the 0-100kph time :)

• Helpful
Reactions: croman

Which means the Tesla tag line reply "vehicles made after June 19/17 only qualify for uncorking" is incorrect. They have/will honour all new purchases after July 1 with the update. Several owners have documented this. My SC has confirmed all old inventory..with old hardware will be sold with uncorking. I believe if there is a hardware update that is required....it's a simple install. I wonder if they one reason they want offer it to old hardware owners is due to it clogging up the service centres more than they already are. Let's keep voicing our concerns..as eventually...I hope...we will get more consistent answers from Tesla.

• Love
Reactions: Swift and croman
Update:

Tesla Service Center Rep: The update is software only and can be done OTA from corporate directly. The service center doesn't even need to get involved.

Tesla Corporate (via phone): The update is software only. Unfortunately my car does not qualify for the upgrade, even if cars with earlier VINs than mine are getting it, due to their more recent purchase / delivery dates. The performance update policy may change in the future, but until then, my car will not be uncorked, regardless of what is happening with older cars and older builds as they are purchased from Tesla.

Essentially, case closed for me. It's nice to have some closure on the issue, especially when that comes straight from corporate. I still love my car and look forward to each and every drive! Thanks for making such a cool car Tesla. And pretty please keep on working on that AP software...

-DJ

Update:

Tesla Service Center Rep: The update is software only and can be done OTA from corporate directly. The service center doesn't even need to get involved.

Tesla Corporate (via phone): The update is software only. Unfortunately my car does not qualify for the upgrade, even if cars with earlier VINs than mine are getting it, due to their more recent purchase / delivery dates. The performance update policy may change in the future, but until then, my car will not be uncorked, regardless of what is happening with older cars and older builds as they are purchased from Tesla.

Essentially, case closed for me. It's nice to have some closure on the issue, especially when that comes straight from corporate. I still love my car and look forward to each and every drive! Thanks for making such a cool car Tesla. And pretty please keep on working on that AP software...

-DJ

This is essentially what my SC and OA said (though they denied earlier cars were getting it but that is black and white on Tesla's webpage and a few anecdotal examples).

I am disappointed only because I know Tesla could do something but refuses. I have the car I bought and its quite a zippy ride, so I am not nearly as disappointed with that as I am EAP/FSD (a true debacle).

Reactions: Swift
Which means the Tesla tag line reply "vehicles made after June 19/17 only qualify for uncorking" is incorrect. They have/will honour all new purchases after July 1 with the update. Several owners have documented this. My SC has confirmed all old inventory..with old hardware will be sold with uncorking. I believe if there is a hardware update that is required....it's a simple install. I wonder if they one reason they want offer it to old hardware owners is due to it clogging up the service centres more than they already are. Let's keep voicing our concerns..as eventually...I hope...we will get more consistent answers from Tesla.

All about the quarterly sales, people.

Uncorking old cars does not help quarterly sales - unless they are talking about some form of inventory...

This is the Tesla way.

Update:

-DJ

Is there any indication that the upgrade is software only for RWD models? So far the only evidence I've seen to support that claim is for the dual motors.

Reactions: MIT_S60
I would really love to get past this issue but something still does not feel right about this to me.

Telsa has essentially devalued all the pre July 1 2017 delivered 75/75D vehicles and did not change the name of the post July 1 vehicles to P75/P75D, where P =Performance

This issue not the same as options or new models with better performance the name 75/75D defines the car and its performance. In an IC engine if I buy a V8 engine i have a certain performance expectation vs a V6 engine. The post July 1 75/75D are the same model as the pre July 1 75/75D !!! It is one thing to make air suspension or power lift gate standard on subsequent vehicles with the same name, they are optional features so there is no performance expectation associated with the name.

So what Tesla has effectively done is de-rated our vehicles to NP75 and NP75D , where NP = Non Performance :mad: I am frankly not worried about Tesla's warranty liability coverage , I am worried about my resale value as should all other owners ...

I can see the conversation in the future with a potential buyer " Oh you have one of those non performance 75 models ... no thanks :(

Any one have a guess on how many of us 75/75D owners are impacted ?