Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok so I added a bunch of comments and cleaned up the spreadsheet a bit. Hopefully people will go back to the spreadsheet and update the fields I left with comments so we can finish cleaning it up. @chilly @GaryC @YauKwan and one unnamed person that didnt leave their screename, would you mind updating/confirming the data? Thanks!

So apparently MX has a different VIN sequence than a MS... who'da thunk it... lol. I'm an idiot... Thanks @GaryC for pointing that out!

Test using Power Tools: 354kW & 474HP @100%SOC. 0-60 soon

4.0 & 4.2 0-60 runs today 75D 42.PNG75D 4.PNG

Same thing happened to me. April 2017 75D was “uncorked” last Mon by SC. Have “Performance Upgrade Performed” invoice. Did not recognize any extra power; got PowerTools which measured 0-60 ar 5.1 sec last night. Took to SC today. They checked their system with my VIN and said that my uncorking didn’t “take”. They are re-doing it now. 90 min wait they said....
Hope your 2nd try was successful!

I have tried contacting 3 service centres and all have stated that my UK 177XXX was never designed for increased performance, no uncorking for me anytime soon I guess!

Unless your car was built in 2015, I don’t see why you wouldn’t be getting uncorking.

Someone recently just confirmed their...I think it was...a April 2016 Built 75D...got uncorked. That’s going way back.

I got uncorked about a week ago and on Tesla Dashboard got a 4.1 on 320-330 ish kW power .

Today the car felt a little sluggish so I ran a 0-60 and it came out at 5.0 sec 0-60? Granted my battery level was down to 40%.
Have any of you guys experience slower performance numbers with lower battery levels?

I will test again tomorrow with a full charge... can uncorking revert back?

Last edited:
I wonder if the reason the EP models cannot be uncorked is because of their different charge port and charger system internal to the car? Seems like the uncorking has something to do with the cabling for the dual motor configuration in the US. Perhaps, it is wired differently for EP.

I wonder if the reason the EP models cannot be uncorked is because of their different charge port and charger system internal to the car? Seems like the uncorking has something to do with the cabling for the dual motor configuration in the US. Perhaps, it is wired differently for EP.
I'm pretty sure the Australian cars are set up like the EU cars, and mine has been flagged eligible for uncorking.

I’m actually pretty sure tesla uses the same gen3 charger globally now. The charger has 3 24A “cards” in it; when used in the US that gives you a 72A single phase AC hookup. When used in Europe/Australia/elsewhere you get 3 phase input. So, same inverter hardware with a different connector (and config).

Reactions: BartJ
Just as another data point, I just called today for uncorking and was told "no," but I wonder if this is another instance of having done the battery unlock only recently. Min is a December 2016 build S75D (originally 60D). VIN is in 173xxx range. Others seem to have had success in this zone, but I only did the battery upgrade a couple of weeks ago. Will try again in person at some point.

I upgraded mine a few mins before they uncorked.