Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 price cut and 60 upgrade follows!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same thing here. She reminded me that I said during one of my daily Tesla briefings to her that I would never upgrade the battery until it was $500. Now I want a 75 badge. 2k just seems like it is still too much for something that I will still never hit. I have never been below 100 miles. Ugh thanks for listening Tesla family.

It makes more sense for us since now my wife can go to Norfolk and back without supercharging, and we've nearly used up the battery a couple of times since we're sharing the car until our 100D arrives.

I'd pay $2k just to get rid of the annoying charge limit reminder - the 40 miles of range is a bonus.

So this means that the residual value of my 75d that I bought in Jan 2017 just went down by 7-8k?

Yes, unfortunately. Tesla just dropped the price of the 75 MS a lot, so you kinda took a hit. 60MS owners were spared IF we upgrade for $2K.
I think it's almost a forced upgrade for 60 MS owners. As others of said, not upgrading will cost as much at resale/trade-in time.

Last edited:
Woke up and saw the news and thought I would definitely buy it. Then I made the mistake of telling my wife about it :D.

Apparently, just because I have never needed the extra range in the 8 months I have owned the car means I shouldn't just immediately throw $2k at Tesla. Not pulling the trigger immediately, but it is very, very tempting. Without her throwing logic at me I would have already bought it.
Damn women and that logic thing. My wife hits me with that all the rime. Hate it when she is right more than I am - and that is often the case.

Woke up and saw the news and thought I would definitely buy it. Then I made the mistake of telling my wife about it :D.

Apparently, just because I have never needed the extra range in the 8 months I have owned the car means I shouldn't just immediately throw $2k at Tesla. Not pulling the trigger immediately, but it is very, very tempting. Without her throwing logic at me I would have already bought it.

I am in your same boat.

What about resale as an arguement though?

I would do it day before resale if I was sure they would never raise the price.. which I doubt they will so I should probably wait till at least the day of a long trip.

My wife is still asleep. She's snoozes, she loses.

Ask your wife about resale value. It's going to cost you $2K now or $2k when you try to resell the car. You might as well have the extra range. It will just cost you the interest on $2K in the long run, not actually $2K

Looks like they decreased the price of the 90D $2k relative to the 100D. But also added in the value of the glass roof and better charger to both. So you get the 100D at a $3k better value and the 90D at a $5k better value than before, and add to that the value of the power liftgate if you didn't want anything else in premium package.

At $5k savings I still see no reason to get the 90D instead of the 100D but it is slightly less ridiculous than the $3k difference it was before.

WTF...The 100D was supposed to go up in price and instead it is $3,000 cheaper. No upcharge for all glass roof $1,500 or high amp charging at $1,500. My brand new car value just went down by ANOTHER $3,000

According to Electrek, Tesla put out an announcement that the higher-end model prices will rise in a few days, to give buyers a chance to anticipate the change.

Tesla’s least expensive vehicle is now the Model S 75 at $69,500 after overnight price drop & newly included options [Updated]

Does anyone know if the price for the luxury interior ("Premium Upgrades") package was changed to reflect the deletion of the power liftgate (because it is now standard)? The package is now $3500 but I am not sure what it was before the prices changes.

Does anyone know if the price for the luxury interior ("Premium Upgrades") package was changed to reflect the deletion of the power liftgate (because it is now standard)? The package is now $3500 but I am not sure what it was before the prices changes.

I looked at when I purchased my car (S60D, Dec 2016), and my premium package was $3000. I compared my build to what it would cost now, including the $2k upgrade, and I still come in $3k cheaper. Seems like I got a steal, and love my car, and will be upgrading very soon to 75!