Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75D battery degradation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m also curious about what your charging patterns looks like. And how many times do you supercharge per week?
it has 40,000 miles. Are usually super charge it about halfway once or twice a week during lunch and do a full charge at home overnight maybe once a week. Charging far more than I thought I would as I don't have a really long commute. I will probably take it in again but last time they were so backed up it took them a week to look at it and I was a little bummed out about that . Don't get me wrong I'm a fan and I own the stock the car and the solar but the battery issue is my only complaint...They told me to just charge it at home only for a month and go from near empty, and see if there is improvement but I honestly haven't been very diligent about it.

Did I already answer this? Seen threads like this so many times...

I agree, but buyers of 2017 75Ds are now hitting the point where the most significant/rapid degradation should be finishing up. It’s hard to find significant discussion about one specific battery size and the 75 kWh battery honestly didn’t exist for all that long.

I’ve long suspected I have greater than normal degradation and this thread basically confirms that I’m a little below average for my age/mileage.

Since I took delivery I have unlocked the battery from 60 (i.e. 86%) to 75 (i.e. 100%) and my current 100% charge range is 239 [up from 237 previously reported] as an S75D.
Update: did two long drives - i.e 100% >>> 2% charge drives - recently and the car now reports range at 100% as 239.

Results seem practically in line with @BerTX who I think has the same battery as myself with approximately the same mileage.

The net effect is battery degradation goes to 5.7%, down from 6.4%. Maths below for those who care.

Took delivery of a new software limited S60D in Jan 2017.
100% range of my S60D - which I consider to be the same as an 86% charge on an S75D - was 218. (This also implies a 253 rated range if my car was delivered as an S75D.)
Since I took delivery I have unlocked the battery from 60 (i.e. 86%) to 75 (i.e. 100%) and my current 100% charge range is 239 as an S75D.
86% of 239 comes to 205.5, suggesting a 12.5 mile, or 5.7%, battery degradation based off the 100% range at delivery of the software limited S60D (or 14-mile degradation of 5.7% based off the implied 253 S75D rated range).
Current mileage on my car is ~69k.

• Informative
Reactions: caltechkid
What’s the temperature you are charging in? My 7%D started with 252 and 227 at 100% and 90% respectively. 67,000 miles later it’s at 219 and 244. I notice if I get home with 100 miles or less and it’s cold, the pack charges to around 214 and 240. It’s almost like the pack cools off while charging and stops a hair early to protect the battery, because in the next warm day I’m back to 219 and 244 after a cold week of less.

2016 75D built as a 70D upgraded by Tesla to 75D(rebadged with both monroneys) with less then 48 miles when I got it, now with 31k miles.

Last time I fully charged 237-238. When new 259 as advertised for at least 6 months or more. Then 256, 252, 249, 247, then 244 for a long time.

Then 2 year service, they installed v9 upgrade- 237-238, dropped off 6-7 miles in that one moment? where I think I am today. 8% degraded perhaps. I did install Arachnids at the one moment as well, which I cannot believe setting the UI and app for that Rim and Tire causes S.O.C. to be affected.

I have not fully charged in a few months. I stopped doing that altogether even before leaving my home on trips. I travel in the 180-215 charge range. Arrive at SC as empty as possible as I feel safe 25-30 range optimal for me.

Charge fast and get out. Leaving others that were there before me as I leave. It seems to work really well.

Charge fast get out leaving room for others to take my place as well. More stopping, quick to charge and keep moving. Arrive at destination not feeling wiped out surprisingly. Would love the extra range, but that requires staying longer as well to charge no matter what.

• Love
Reactions: sorka
I find it odd that so many of us are at 219 and around 244 with 90 and 100 respectively. It almost sounds like software is setting it as I see 219 at 14k miles all the way up to 70k. Something seems off. The fact that 67k later I'm at 219 and some with less than 20k have the same degradation seems odd to me.

Reactions: croman