Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

8.1 timing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You just reminded me I changed my network name with the new google wifi mesh net and forgot to tell Nikita! I hope she's not mad at me... (running to garage)
"Make sure to connect your wifi in your car and verify that it has connectivity ..." --- I suppose downloading some website on the web interface would help confirm connectivity.

That's kind of all you can do. Every evening. And ignore it. And don't forget to start the Tesla app once per day on your smartphone so that it can send notifications. And then run out and press "install now" as soon as it notifies you.

Yup. That's about all you can do. And take pictures. And go on test drives for some hours. That's all.
For those of you with any belief it might exist by the end of tomorrow...

Did you believe the "3 weeks" in November, the "next week" on Dec 22, or the "10 days" on March 12th?
Oh, that reminds me: my guess is something will be released within a week to 11 days from today (Tuesday inclusive), and that it may or may not be this much vaunted "8.1" that everyone seems to be talking about so much (and I have no idea what it is referring to because to me it's just a number), and may or may not include the features that everything thinks will and/or might be included in that "8.1". That's my prediction. I'm willing to place a bet on it, but not much.

Last edited:
I bet Elon will wait until tomorrow night that they are working on one last issue and it will be out by the end of the Month, then on the 31st he will tweet it will be out by the end of the weekend. It might come out mid next week.

Musk - delay some more pls...

Here is why: I think this (8.1) is perhaps the last of any big updates for AP1.0 owners...exciting and sad all at the same time...Saudade.

The love and attention will move to AP2.0, 2170 and M3. I like this phase of excitement and want this last one, to last longer :eek:

Here is why: I think this (8.1) is perhaps the last of any big updates for AP1.0 owners...exciting and sad all at the same time...Saudade.

The love and attention will move to AP2.0, 2170 and M3. I like this phase of excitement and want this last one, to last longer :eek:

Ha ha ... the love and attention has been long gone ... enjoy what you have ... and hope for a few bug fixes. You (and I) are yesterday's fish.

The MCU (17" screen) is the same old hw from 2012 on AP 2.0 cars too. So preAP and ap 1.0 cars will most likely still get the same GUI changes and new features that don't need the AP 2.0 hw.

I find it strange Tesla still use the old Nvidia Tegra 3 (T33) in the MCU. I has less power than the Apple A7 used in iPhone 5s from 2013.

Nvidia Tegra 3 (T33) vs Apple A7

It's still not showing up on ev-fw.com or TeslaFi, so the release must be very limited if it exists at all given how close we are to April Fool's Day and the amount of fun involved in photo-shopping some release notes. Hopefully that isn't the case, but I'd like to see some independent confirmation from one of the firmware tracking sites.