Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

.99% APR Financing Promotion (May 10 - May 31 2024)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wonder if anyone has similar issue.

I was notified to schedule delivery but with Fremont instead of the original DC. Scheduled for tomorrow, but still no VIN assigned as of now. Can’t do anything to set up insurance still…

Also, I had the .99% financing + $0 down approved. Last week when I talked to a Tesla rep over the phone regarding the status of my order, he also confirmed no balance due at delivery, but today when I went into the app to view the loan offer page again to confirm the .99% rate (after seeing people on this forum concerning the last minute change of rate), the rate remains the same, but it shows a balance of $238.65 from nowhere… wasn’t expecting this to happen so unfortunately I don’t a have screenshot of the previous breakdown showing $0 due….

I brought this up via text but no response at the moment… any thought? I don’t have any cashier check of any other Tesla preferred payment prepared as it was supposed to be $0 due….

Thanks for all the insights.

Have taken pictures and will encourage them to stick to their guns and NOT accept this last minute surprise boost in their interest rate.

Tesla is becoming pathetically bad at selling cars and NOT pissing people off at the same time. It’s been a 4- or 5-week ongoing nightmare for them, now incessant demands for final paperwork, yet Tesla would not give them a VIN, and a VIN a required for this final paperwork!?!

Bat sh*t stupid process, and it drives people away from Tesla…what is wrong with these people?

It their worst purchase experience ever, and they have purchased a LOT of cars.
You can always go buy a ford off the lot

Reactions: Honda Convert
They wish that was the case—Tesla is listing it at 1.99% for over $2k in Finance charges for 72 months, this despite some $6k of trade in equity and another $7.2k down and the $7.5k Fed EV credit….

Not sure why some others got the 0.99% but in this case they ordered at the end of May so by then Tesla had become far less generous with the low interest rate.

Frankly I find it beyond stupid that Tesla Finance, their own internal lender, does not yet exist.
Tesla Finance does exist they just choose not to use it for automotive loans currently.

You can always go buy a ford off the lot
Missing the point entirely.

If Tesla offers a promotional interest rate, Tesla should abide by the interest rate.

After many hours wasted, my friends got Tesla to address the issue, finally. Worst buying experience they've ever had, and they've bought a lot of cars and trucks. Pathetically embarrassing for Tesla.

Tesla's incompetent processes that have them shooting themselves in the foot. The mission is far, far too important to allow this to continue . . . .

Just wonder if anyone has similar issue.

I was notified to schedule delivery but with Fremont instead of the original DC. Scheduled for tomorrow, but still no VIN assigned as of now. Can’t do anything to set up insurance still…

Also, I had the .99% financing + $0 down approved. Last week when I talked to a Tesla rep over the phone regarding the status of my order, he also confirmed no balance due at delivery, but today when I went into the app to view the loan offer page again to confirm the .99% rate (after seeing people on this forum concerning the last minute change of rate), the rate remains the same, but it shows a balance of $238.65 from nowhere… wasn’t expecting this to happen so unfortunately I don’t a have screenshot of the previous breakdown showing $0 due….

I brought this up via text but no response at the moment… any thought? I don’t have any cashier check of any other Tesla preferred payment prepared as it was supposed to be $0 due….
Did you end up getting your VIN? I can’t speak to the amount due issue but I’m now in the same boat in that I have a delivery appointment tomorrow but still no VIN. Still can’t buy insurance.

Did you end up getting your VIN? I can’t speak to the amount due issue but I’m now in the same boat in that I have a delivery appointment tomorrow but still no VIN. Still can’t buy insurance.
still no VIN, and they pushed back my appointment to tomorrow but I won’t be able to make it due to prior arrangement

It’s quite ridiculous on the amount due as Tesla decreased my approved loan amount without any notice, though, gladly the rep over text was able to have their finance correct it back.

Almost as if on cue. They rescheduled me for Sunday.

Just happened to me. Unfortunately I'll be on vacation during their newly scheduled date and cannot change that. It's their issue to come up with a mutually agreeable time. Which was the original time that had been in place for days.

I also live over 100 miles away from the nearest delivery center. It's supposed to be raining over the entire area from here to there during the original time. I had asked for a mileage extension to get the car home and into the garage to do a proper inspection. That's very likely why the delivery date got changed. It's very irritating since it's not like I can take half a day to take care of things.

Based so far on this experience this may be my first and only Tesla. Can't trust them as far as I could throw Elon.

Are all S&P 500 companies this poorly run? /s

yeah, originally I had selected an inventory model 100+ miles away and also booked a hotel because my family would be coming with me (family of 4 with a single car right now). The vehicle was significantly dented in transit and they could not honor the delivery. I had to eat the hotel cost because it was not refundable. If I had known better (but this is my first Tesla) I would not pick a delivery location that far again. I feel bad for those who have no choice.

Just happened to me. Unfortunately I'll be on vacation during their newly scheduled date and cannot change that. It's their issue to come up with a mutually agreeable time. Which was the original time that had been in place for days.

I also live over 100 miles away from the nearest delivery center. It's supposed to be raining over the entire area from here to there during the original time. I had asked for a mileage extension to get the car home and into the garage to do a proper inspection. That's very likely why the delivery date got changed. It's very irritating since it's not like I can take half a day to take care of things.

Based so far on this experience this may be my first and only Tesla. Can't trust them as far as I could throw Elon.

Are all S&P 500 companies this poorly run? /s

It sucks but as I said it's very common. But I would not let this disswade you. Most people are very happy with the car and the delivery experience is soon forgotten. For most the car is well worth it in the long run. Agreed that Tesla needs to improve their service and delivery and the experience does vary from location to location, state to state, country to country. But I am not sure I see significant improvements happening anytime soon, especially with recent layoffs and Elon's attention divided among his many ventures. You just have to deal with it as best you can. Once you have the car you should be good!

You can buy insurance through a broker and notify the VIN on pickup. I would be surprised if you can't do it all yourself.

They need the exact spec on the build but not the VIN.

Ouch! keep us posted! Pics when you get it :)
While still waiting for the VIN to appear, I just happened to go into the loan approval page to see if anything weird happened like few days ago when they all in a sudden decreased the approved loan amount, and know what? APR changed from the approved 0.99% to 6.49%!

Just texted the delivery person to fix this, but this is sooo concerning/alarming…. How come the “approved loan offer” can be adjusted again and again like this while waiting for delivery?

While still waiting for the VIN to appear, I just happened to go into the loan approval page to see if anything weird happened like few days ago when they all in a sudden decreased the approved loan amount, and know what? APR changed from the approved 0.99% to 6.49%!

Just texted the delivery person to fix this, but this is sooo concerning/alarming…. How come the “approved loan offer” can be adjusted again and again like this while waiting for delivery?
They are trying you on for a sucker.

Still finding it hard to believe this is my garage now.

Love this car, and thrilled we were able to pick it up! Ultra Red with white interior, seven seats, hitch, and completely wrapped in Stek PPF.

IMG_3455.jpeg

I've heard of this before. You will have to call them and get it re-adjusted.

Reactions: henrymax