TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

A mighty effort from AEVA Tasmania

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Blue heaven, Sep 17, 2017.

1. moa999

moa999 Member

Cheaper from other places at around $265 for 5m 22kW from JetCharge and EVSE.
    The problem with the 11kW cables however is they are only rated to 16A, so if you find a single phase point you are limited to 3.8kW. They are a bit lighter though.

Was definitely an accessory on my shopping list. Doesn't take up too much space in the frunk curled around the edges.

2. Nickdp

Nickdp Member

Agreed - the 22kW version would cover for all contingencies, for a few $$'s more, definitely worth the peace of mind.
    When you said "I don't want to spend all that money" I got the impression that cost was an important determining factor hence the pointer to the 11kW cable.
    FWIW I have the 11kW onboard charger and carry the Mennekes 22kW cable bought from the Tesla shop for $305 when the car was delivered.

3. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

When I bought my Model S in 2016 there were 4 destination chargers in Tasmania. This had increased to about 10 when I did a road trip of the state about 6 months later, but it was still a white-knuckle drive from Hobart to Strahan, 315km over the mountains into a cold headwind, with no hope of anything more than a friendly stranger’s power plug if we were caught short.
    Now just 3 years later it’s hard to believe the progress! DC charging all over the place. 350kW charging in Campbelltown! Incredible.
    Once the “rona” is gone it might be time for another lap of the island :)

• Like x 2
  4. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

Electric Highway Tasmania has just launched their website! Electric Highway Tasmania - Home

Eventually all sites will have a DC 50 kW fast charger, a 22 kW AC charger, and a credit card reader so you can pay with just a credit card (or via the Chargefox app)
    • Sites fully commissioned: Devonport, Burnie
    • Sites partially commissioned (just the 50 kW charger installed so far, the rest coming): Queenstown, Derwent Bridge
    • Sites under construction: St Helens, Swansea