Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Acceleration Boost" option, discussion as to which models and how much quicker

AWD (Non P) - Will you buy the $2k "Acceleration Boost" to get 0-60 mph in 3.9s (from current 4.4s)?

• Yes, this is what I've been waiting for!

Votes: 65 7.9%
  • Yes, I want a full uncork to Stealth Performance but this is better than nothing

Votes: 220 26.7%
  • Yes, for other reasons

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • No, I only want a full uncork to Stealth Performance

Votes: 182 22.1%
  • No, I don't want or care to pay for any additional performance

Votes: 140 17.0%
  • No, for other reasons

Votes: 44 5.3%
  • I'm not a Non-P AWD owner, but just want to vote

Votes: 158 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a strange tidbit.... the website no longer mentions times at all for what 'Acceleration Boost' gets you.

I assume they are either thinking "We are losing sales because we aren't selling full-P and want people to assume its full-P", or "We are gonna make it full-P without telling anyone, to keep from annoying original P buyers".

Pretty sure its the former.

Here's a strange tidbit.... the website no longer mentions times at all for what 'Acceleration Boost' gets you.

I assume they are either thinking "We are losing sales because we aren't selling full-P and want people to assume its full-P", or "We are gonna make it full-P without telling anyone, to keep from annoying original P buyers".

Pretty sure its the former.

In the app I believe it still says from 4.4 to 3.9, unless that changed within the last couple weeks i purchased it.

Since recent updates, performance of Acceleration boost (3.9s) is indicated in the car (for those who bought the option)
Screenshot_20200510-122431_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200510-122522_Gallery.jpg

I think $2000 for the 0.5 second improvement is quite high. If Tesla would offer the boost for $500 many owners would run to upgrade.
Anyone have any thoughts on this?
They would have to refund $1500 to owners who had purchased the $2000 upgrade or we would have angry people.

Are there any other cars out there that you can upgrade / modify / buy a higher trim that will improve the performance that much for only $500?

For most cars that kind of improvement would cost > $10,000

I think $2000 for the 0.5 second improvement is quite high. If Tesla would offer the boost for $500 many owners would run to upgrade.
Anyone have any thoughts on this?
They would have to refund $1500 to owners who had purchased the $2000 upgrade or we would have angry people.

Lol we already have had angry people when they lowered the price of their cars or removed the Ludicrous Mode overnight from costing 20k in the past - I definitely don't think they are obligated, much less would refund people - just based on what history has taught us.

I do think that they would probably have more interested buyers if they reduced it by say $500 or $1000 but it's hard to say. I'd imagine most new shoppers don't know about boost so when they are looking at what to buy, if they want range they just get the LR, if they want Performance, they just get that. I'd imagine we are a smaller group of people who want more performance out of the LR AWD. With that said, I wouldn't be angry if they reduced it - I agreed to the price when I bought, along with the option of a refund and have no regrets.

I'd love to think that's the case. :) Back seats were very easy to remove and only took about 10 minutes. I'll put a quick how-to in this reducing weight thread later as I took some pics of the process.

Once my new front rotors from MPP (that shave another 5 pounds per rotor) come in soon I'd imagine I'll be even quicker. I'll probably do a drag strip run after that as well to get a good 1/4 mile time.
I wonder if i take some ExLax if that would shave off some Lbs and make my 0-60 faster.

• Funny
Reactions: MagnusMako