Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Boost Purchased

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I've been doing a lot of guerrilla marketing for Tesla since I got the boost. I'm actually hoping to get held up by red lights (at the front, of course) and I got lucky by getting three in succession this afternoon. Normally this would p'd me off, but not now. ;)

When I let off the accelerator at 60 and look back, everyone else is 100+ft behind. There's always one or two cars that'll come screaming up by me while I'm coasting. They saw me blast-off in my MY and know they need a Tesla to even think about keeping up.

I have admit that I really like the sound of a throaty ICE engine and exhaust (Mustang, Camaro, Corvette). I thought it was dumb, but I think Porsche or BMW have something by charging for this feature in their BEVs.

My Dumb Tesla Feature Request: V8 ICE + exhaust sounds (inside stereo-only) linked to the accelerator. It has to include a bit of backfiring as well to be more realistic. These don't match the MY at all, but you know...... :D

• Funny
Reactions: Arctic_White
I used a buddies DRAGY and I got 4.23 with 1 ft roll out, but I’m not sure we are using the DRAGY correctly. We just pulled it out of the box and tried some runs. I’m going to borrow it and make runs with just myself in the car. My buddy weighs like 240 pounds.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201003-170515_dragy.jpg
    Screenshot_20201003-170515_dragy.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 136
  • Informative
Reactions: MY-Y
I bought it and returned it with a friend in the car before and after. It wasn’t just that it was faster there was also a lot more instant torque in our opinion. We’re not car guys really but just curious what it would feel like. Really noticeable. But returned it cuz of the wife’s objections

• Helpful
Reactions: Arctic_White
Heh... ;) A bunch of my buddies used to have Japanese or Italian crotch rockets (motorcycles) when they were single. The first thing that went after each of them got married was their motorcycle. No exceptions.

The Y is super fast even without the boost.

I bought it and returned it with a friend in the car before and after. It wasn’t just that it was faster there was also a lot more instant torque in our opinion. We’re not car guys really but just curious what it would feel like. Really noticeable. But returned it cuz of the wife’s objections

Picked up my new Y last week. Purchased the boost as soon as I got home. This, after I had an MY performance on order when this announcement came out. I immediately called my SA in Carlsbad and asked him to release the VIN I had coming and in 5 days, they delivered the long range on the 30th. It was such an easy decision. I previously had a M3P so I was mostly over it anyway. Besides, driving this MY around doesn't feel as performy as the M3P did. I'm very happy to have saved the 8k.

Sorry for the delay... It's DEFINITELY faster. Had wife drive it as well and she was smiling after hitting the pedal. Pulls harder beyond the 0-60 time too.

I don't have the dragy device, but used to brutal acceleration (former CCS/WERA rider and still have two race motorcycles). Butt dyno says improved acceleration that can be felt after the download. Btw, it showed up nearly instantaneous after I clicked the purchase within the Tesla app.