Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Boost while driving?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know if the boost can be applied while driving?
I have a track day tomorrow and was wanting to do two laps without and two laps with the boost to really feel/see the different I wont be able to stop so my partner will be on the sidelines ready to press the buy boost from her phone.

I have a feeling it is only applied once parked so not worth the gamble if it doesn't get applied until after the track.
Suppose I can just do 2 track days. More fun!!!

You can reboot the screen at anytime and I don't remember seeing any disclosure that my car had to be in Park when I purchased it for my M3.

At any rate, if you really crave the speed, purchase the boost and be done with it. You'll regret removing it after adding it. The difference was so noticeable and a confirmation that I really enjoy more speed, that it lead me to purchasing an S Plaid this year.

Anyone know if the boost can be applied while driving?
I have a track day tomorrow and was wanting to do two laps without and two laps with the boost to really feel/see the different I wont be able to stop so my partner will be on the sidelines ready to press the buy boost from her phone.

I have a feeling it is only applied once parked so not worth the gamble if it doesn't get applied until after the track.
Suppose I can just do 2 track days. More fun!!!
I did it at work so I could drive home with it. It seemed like it only took 5 minutes or so. My car was parked as I did it from my app. I was surprised at how fast it took. I tried it and loved it but then cancelled within the allotted time. I did order it later and don't regret it.

You can reboot the screen at anytime and I don't remember seeing any disclosure that my car had to be in Park when I purchased it for my M3.

Yes, you can do the two finger salute while driving but that's a driver-initiated reboot so you know what to expect. My suspicion that they wouldn't apply the boost upgrade while driving was that most drivers wouldn't expect to "lose their display" while driving due to purchasing acceleration boost. Thinking like a car company, that sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen, particularly since you can't really predict the moment it will occur. With that said, Tesla does push boundaries that other manufacturers shy away from, so who knows without trying. :)

Mike