Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ALL CyberTruck discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And the RWD isn't going to be out for two years (if at all).
Right...."initial trims", but initially only 2 are available and it appears only to celebs and influencers.

It's interesting that Tesla believes the first 1,000 founders editions will take between December and March to deliver.

Elon was telling the truth with super slow ramp.

Reactions: DarkandStormy
A bit misleading as the Founder's editions are the only ones available and they are limited.
Charlatan business economics 101

Scalping/money over loyal early adopters/reservationists. Once all of scalping priced variant demand is satisfied, they may start selling the $80k “poor boy” AWD variant. And after that, the “destitute” (as defined by Tesla) model (RWD) will be offered.

Just watch your Charlatan (or demigod) at work….

• Disagree
Reactions: STUtoday

Scalping/money over loyal early adopters/reservationists. Once all of scalping priced variant demand is satisfied, they may start selling the $80k “poor boy” AWD variant. And after that, the “destitute” (as defined by Tesla) model (RWD) will be offered.

And they’ll also bring down prices a lot I would think. Should have plenty of room, with such a small pack, and ramping of in-house 4680 production. Seems like some of the reduced part count etc. should help too.

Might be 6 months, or longer, not sure.

If GMC can sell a vehicle that is 2000 pounds heavier for a similar price (maybe at a loss, not sure), seems like that 2000 pounds should mean a much lower overall cost to make…gotta be some room to squeeze.

Lots of value to people to be first on the block. I imagine there will still be the standard complaining about massive price drops though! People always complain, it is weird. If it’s too expensive don’t buy it.

Once Beast qualifies for tax credit that’ll be the time to buy. 😂

And they’ll also bring down prices a lot I would think. Should have plenty of room, with such a small pack, and ramping of in-house 4680 production. Seems like some of the reduced part count etc. should help too.

Might be 6 months, or longer, not sure.

If GMC can sell a vehicle that is 2000 pounds heavier for a similar price (maybe at a loss, not sure), seems like that 2000 pounds should mean a much lower overall cost to make…gotta be some room to squeeze.

Lots of value to people to be first on the block. I imagine there will still be the standard complaining about massive price drops though! People always complain, it is weird. If it’s too expensive don’t buy it.

Once Beast qualifies for tax credit that’ll be the time to buy. 😂
Patience is a virtue. With the Plaid, I was one that “had to have it ASAP” - which means I paid the highest price Tesla ever sold it for. I learned my lesson there. Since I have a great Rivian R1T already, I will just see what everyone is offering 2-3 years from now, and then decide what truck to replace the R1T with. That might be a CT, Gen 2 R1T, or other. Who knows….

My 2026 price guesstimates:
Single - $55k
Double - $65k
Beast - $75k
But the tax credits that lower Tesla's battery costs might be gone, creating cost pressure on pricing, and the customer tax credits might be gone. If someone wants a dual motor CT and it's available for them to purchase, it might not be a good choice to wait in hope of lower prices. And FSD might cost more.

Right...."initial trims", but initially only 2 are available and it appears only to celebs and influencers.

It's interesting that Tesla believes the first 1,000 founders editions will take between December and March to deliver.

Elon was telling the truth with super slow ramp.
Will they go through the whole order queue offering those with deposits the Founders edition -before they offer anyone any lower trims?

And most important, when will they get to me??

I WANT MY CYBERTRUCK AND I WANT IT NOW! Shut up And Take My Money already!

Will they go through the whole order queue offering those with deposits the Founders edition -before they offer anyone any lower trims?

And most important, when will they get to me??

I WANT MY CYBERTRUCK AND I WANT IT NOW!
From Reddit and 2 other Tesla/CT forums, no day 1 reswrvation holder has been contacted for a founders edition. Only employees, celebs, and influencers.

That's not to say definitively someone hasn't, just that they haven't declared it. Some people claim to be in the top 100 and in Texas/Cali haven't been either.

The guess is that it will be Q1/Q2 before the CT opens to regular people.

From Reddit and 2 other Tesla/CT forums, no day 1 reswrvation holder has been contacted for a founders edition. Only employees, celebs, and influencers.

That's not to say definitively someone hasn't, just that they haven't declared it. Some people claim to be in the top 100 and in Texas/Cali haven't been either.

The guess is that it will be Q1/Q2 before the CT opens to regular people.
Interesting. People keep complaining that Tesla doesn't pay to advertise. But I much prefer people pay Tesla to advertise Tesla.

Reactions: hydro and JusRelax

Or, I know - they could sell the truck much cheaper so that scalpers buy and flip the trucks for $120k, thereby transfering $40k that could have been Tesla earnings into $40k worth of earnings for flippers.

As long as there is demand that exceeds supply, while working to ramp supply as quickly as possible, Tesla should absolutely sell at $120k. I for one am glad of it. Seeing that level of market demand might also stimulate the competition that see themselves losing $60k sales to a $120k competitor, to do better; to build more. We all know there is a lot of unsatisfied demand at <$120k -- as long as there is enough demand at $120k though, then I just get to wait for my $80k variant.

Nobody buying the $120k variant are getting their arm twisted.

As much as I want one, I don't want one that much more :)

So yes - that's economics. That's capitalism. Do you prefer a different form of economics?