Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All US Cars capable of FSD will be enabled for one month trial this week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is already halfway through April and I have yet to receive the FSD trial on my 2023 MY. Maybe Tesla is stretching this out for all of April?
You are most likely on 2024.8.X (probably 8.7 or 8.9). There is no FSD V12 for those more recent 8.X branches of the base FW. Based on a recent tweet from Patel (who has now left Tesla) there is a version coming (as early as this week) higher than 8.9 that will have V12 and give people who are already on 8.X a 30 day trial.
If that happens this week and you install right away your trial will go into May. Even people who got the trial end of March, if they waited a few days to install there trial is already into May. 30 days start when you install...not when your car is served the new FW.

Reactions: RabidYak and flai54
What version of firmware do you have? I don't think anyone on 2024.8.x has received it yet.
I have 2024.8.9 firmware. Why is that? So the folks who got the FSD earlier this month were on which firmware version?

You are most likely on 2024.8.X (probably 8.7 or 8.9). There is no FSD V12 for those more recent 8.X branches of the base FW. Based on a recent tweet from Patel (who has now left Tesla) there is a version coming (as early as this week) higher than 8.9 that will have V12 and give people who are already on 8.X a 30 day trial.
If that happens this week and you install right away your trial will go into May. Even people who got the trial end of March, if they waited a few days to install there trial is already into May. 30 days start when you install...not when your car is served the new FW.
Thanks for the detailed analysis. I guess probably within the next week or so. Hopefully sometime by end of April.

I have 2024.8.9 firmware. Why is that? So the folks who got the FSD earlier this month were on which firmware version?

Thanks for the detailed analysis. I guess probably within the next week or so. Hopefully sometime by end of April.
Most people who got the trial were on 2024.2.6 or 2024.2.7. The trial came on 2024.3.10 (now onto 3.15). So 3.10 was higher than the 2.6/7 but lower than the people already on 8.X.

Reactions: zoomer0056
What will happen to cars with Ultrasonic sensors, when this is rolled out to them?
What is rolled out to them? FSD Supervised Trial?
Cars with USS already have the FSD Supervised Trial.

Or did you mean Vision Autopark? Not sure what will happen if Tesla gives USS cars Vision Autopark. Will they disable the sensors or have the FW use both sensor and Vision data?? Who knows.

I know, see post #429.
I was questioning if we know what would happen if Tesla gives the USS cars Vision Autopark. Would the sensors be disabled? Would they work in tandem? No one knows (other than Tesla) because so far all USS cars like yours and mine have old Autopark with EAP and FSD. So we have no idea if Tesla will give USS cars Vision Autopark and what that will mean for USS functionality.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I was questioning if we know what would happen if Tesla gives the USS cars Vision Autopark. Would the sensors be disabled? Would they work in tandem? No one knows (other than Tesla) because so far all USS cars like yours and mine have old Autopark with EAP and FSD. So we have no idea if Tesla will give USS cars Vision Autopark and what that will mean for USS functionality.
I don't think Tesla is ready to completely disable the USS sensors from their fleet that still have it. I am hoping they can still gather data to help improve the Tesla Autopark/Summon capabilities to capture more and more scenarios.

I think the trial will go for a month from whenever it starts; it won’t end for everyone on May 1. I say this because I was still in my free 3 month trial from when I purchased the car and when I got FSD 12 I got an email saying that my free month would run from April 14 - May 14 (which is a one month extension from when my free trial should have ended). So for people who haven’t gotten it yet, I don’t think you are going to get the short straw here; I just think your 1 month trial won’t run 4-1 to 5-1.

Last edited:
News about the FSD trial for those of us on 2024.8.x

FSD v12 coming on 2024.8
This is old news. Patel's tweet about v12 coming to the 2024.8 branch was reported in this thread several times last weekend.
For those on 2024.8.x with no FSD v12: there is a post on X from Tesla saying that we should get the v12, and therefore, the one-month free FSD trial, next week. According to Reddit. Last name of the dude posting this was Patel. Which means 100% guaranteed
@paulchou posted a picture of Patel's tweet in a different thread:

View attachment 1038379