Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All US Cars capable of FSD will be enabled for one month trial this week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The plan is to reduce the price of FSD for personal use when it is ready for wide release. The higher price was another way to have a good pool of responsible testers.
If Tesla ever does get their robo-taxi app going, there'd certainly be no need to charge as much as they are now They'll presumably be taking a percentage of the fares their users earn - it would be a simple matter to set that to cover enough of the FSD R&D costs that they could offer it for personal use at an affordable price.

No. They are not FSD capable.
Weird, the website said this when they were sold:
1711597419468.png

I posted how I think this free trial is opening up Tesla to a whole new set of claims around false advertising and is solidifying the fact that older cars were not actually FSD capable despite the argument that they "might be someday": How to sue Tesla over historical claims

Highly suggest people with October 2016 or newer cars that don't get the trial take Tesla to small claims court.

Weird, the website said this when they were sold:
View attachment 1032899

I posted how I think this free trial is opening up Tesla to a whole new set of claims around false advertising and is solidifying the fact that older cars were not actually FSD capable despite the argument that they "might be someday": How to sue Tesla over historical claims

Highly suggest people with October 2016 or newer cars that don't get the trial take Tesla to small claims court.
You would have to get out of the arbitration agreement that you signed when you purchased car. Arbitration agreements can be very hard to get out of. Tesla has a very, very hard agreement to get out of. Very few parties have successfully sued Tesla. The only lawsuits against Tesla that go in the favor of the customer usually involve bodily injury or death. With regard to FSD (it’s false promises etc) the legal documentation covers EVERYTHING. Many have tried and they all have lost.

• Disagree
Reactions: gearchruncher
Take it up with Tesla 🤷🏻‍♂️

Very few if any MCU1 cars have FSD beta active despite having the FSD option. Tesla has more or less stopped offering software updates for it as the latest version is still based on a 2022 release. There’s no reason to expect a sudden magic update to 2024 software and FSDb v12.3.x on MCU1…

You would have to get out of the arbitration agreement that you signed when you purchased car.
As someone who has actually sued Tesla in small claims court, and won, I was able to do this because I actually read my MVPP, which says this:

1711637825920.png

Anyone can take Tesla to small claims, even if they didn't opt-out of arbitration. But you did read your MVPP and opt out, right? I know I did.

1711637879216.png

Although that wouldn't have effected my ability to go to small claims.
Also, why not go to arbitration instead of small claims- and in fact Tesla pays all arbitration costs, so it starts costing them money the instant you file a claim.

Very few if any MCU1 cars have FSD beta active despite having the FSD option. Tesla has more or less stopped offering software updates for it as the latest version is still based on a 2022 release. There’s no reason to expect a sudden magic update to 2024 software and FSDb v12.3.x on MCU1…
Right, which is exactly why people with MCU1 should take Tesla to court since it's clear that these cars are not FSD capable, despite pre-sale descriptions that they were. Elon is reinforcing that if they don't get a trial this week as ALL FSD capable cars are getting it, so if you don't get it, you don't have a FSD capable car.

It's even super nice that Tesla has your damages defined since they have an upgrade path. $2250 + the radio upgrade.

I'm checking the UPGRADES section and waiting for the next SW update to see if it appears under the settings.
Nothing yet. I hope we can chose when to begin the 30 days. I'm anxious to see how good/bad it truly is where I live where it is not california, sunny, nor pleasant all the time.