Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alliant Credit Union as a Financing Option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wanted to share my experience ...so when I called Alliant CU based on advice from Tesla team, the CU told me that simply buying from Tesla didn't qualify me for membership, and therefore no loan. Perhaps that is true or the member service rep I talked with was mis-informed. At any rate (no pun intended), my local credit union provided financing with just an email to my loan officer.

It's like $5 and they donate a puppy in your name to a children's blind school. But seriously, I think I signed up in 2014 and I had to deposit $10 and then they gave me a $10 credit towards some charity. Actually, they might have even did the donation and the deposit. Membership was very simple.

Reactions: Atlantan
It's like $5 and they donate a puppy in your name to a children's blind school. But seriously, I think I signed up in 2014 and I had to deposit $10 and then they gave me a $10 credit towards some charity. Actually, they might have even did the donation and the deposit. Membership was very simple.
Thanks for posting Jason's contact information, I sent him an email to clarify, if I decide to get a new one be nice to have another financing option.

Cheers

Thanks for posting Jason's contact information, I sent him an email to clarify, if I decide to get a new one be nice to have another financing option.

Cheers
WOW...received a response from Jason in 2 minutes...

"
If you purchase a Tesla it will qualify you for membership. Just contact me directly when you are ready to apply. We are at 1.49% for up to 72 months. My direct number is 773-462-2164.

Thanks,

Jason
"

My Alliant rep said Alliant will deposit $5.00 into an account, and as long s the account had $5.00 in it, I had an account and a loan waiting to be funded. I tried to contact Alliant through their website and hit a wall at the front door. Did not live in the communities, did not retire frorm listed companies, did not qualify.....Then some fellow gave me a name/email/phone number of an Alliant rep [one of these Tesla Forum threads] - contact was made and a deal was struck with no further hassles. If I ran Alliant, and had all those good agents giving out such good service, but had an unfriendly front door...I'd probably repair that door soon. Missing out on a stream of Tesla buyers is not a way to make your customer acquisition costs optimum.

WOW...received a response from Jason in 2 minutes...

"
If you purchase a Tesla it will qualify you for membership. Just contact me directly when you are ready to apply. We are at 1.49% for up to 72 months. My direct number is 773-462-2164.

Thanks,

Jason
"
I didn't want to put the rate since people will get different rates but I also received 1.49%.

We went with Alliant when we placed our MS 90D MC Red order at the Fremont Factory a few weeks ago. The Owner Advisor that helped us said their rates are generally 1/2-1% lower than Tesla's. He said you don't get the buyback guarantee if you don't finance thru Tesla but MS private sale prices generally beat the buyback guaranteed numbers anyways so its a moot point.

Picking up this Saturday and everything was handled smoothly between Alliant and our DS.

Wanted to share my experience ...so when I called Alliant CU based on advice from Tesla team, the CU told me that simply buying from Tesla didn't qualify me for membership, and therefore no loan. Perhaps that is true or the member service rep I talked with was mis-informed. At any rate (no pun intended), my local credit union provided financing with just an email to my loan officer.

Huh? You do realize there is no relationship between Tesla and Alliant, right? They're just both very familiar with each other based on the number of loans Alliant has given to people who are buying Teslas. Becoming a member is super easy, just complete the form.

Reactions: supratachophobia
If you want to get rid of your car in 3 years lease

There's the difference between knowing for sure you want to do that vs wanting the option to do so. Tesla's leases raise the residual by your $7500 EV credit instead of offering it to you as a cap cost reduction (which a lot of other EV's do), so you get penalized for buying out your lease due to the tax credit being lost.

There still is value in the RVG setup.

Tesla's leases raise the residual by your $7500 EV credit instead of offering it to you as a cap cost reduction (which a lot of other EV's do), so you get penalized for buying out your lease due to the tax credit being lost.
That and the monthly payment is slightly higher when the $7,500 is added to the LEV instead of being used as a cap cost reduction. It's like a lose-lose for the lessee.

What are the other Tesla partners, Tesla website only has Alliant on the lending section and after selecting Tesla Lending the credit application link from MyTesla takes me directly to the Alliant application page. o_O

I also financed through Alliant. The process was quick and effortless. I did not have a prior CU account with them. The rates were much better than Tesla partners, so my only decision ended up being a willingness to sacrifice the RVG.

What are the other Tesla partners, Tesla website only has Alliant on the lending section and after selecting Tesla Lending the credit application link from MyTesla takes me directly to the Alliant application page. o_O

When I applied a month ago, the official partners were Chase and TD bank. Very similar interest rates of 2.45 and 2.56% with a LTV of 90% (eg 10% minimum down). You get the resale value guarantee with them

Just confirmed my 60D order today. Directly from the My Tesla page on the website it shows:
----------------
Cash or Finance

Please allow one month when applying for financing.
You have confirmed Tesla Lending as your financing option. To submit your credit application, please click on the link below.
----------------

Clicking on the link provided took me right to the Alliant website. I filled out a few details and Justin Kelly called me back shortly saying I was approved for 1.49% @ 72 months. Very easy process, I would recommend