Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Musk promise broken

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this the only newsworthy thing our unbiased BBC could report about Tesla from the Q2 call?
YOU are talking about people being biased? Love it!

When it comes to autonomy and the timeline for introducing new models it would be much quicker to list the promises Musk has kept. FSD should have been complete in 2018 and the roadster, semi and Cybertruck are all years behind schedule. And you can’t blame all of that on the shortages currently faced by the whole auto industry.

Musk promise broken

40f.png

The BBC is considerably less biased than you 😄
Sure. BBC might be less biased than I. But even the times, guardian, and a few more I checked this morning went only with the Bitcoin story. Tesla is the only automaker that continues to deliver EVs at scale despite the lockdowns and chip shortages. Surely our tabloid could find a few words to report this. Perhaps the lack of marketing budget is the reason?

When it comes to autonomy and the timeline for introducing new models it would be much quicker to list the promises Musk has kept. FSD should have been complete in 2018 and the roadster, semi and Cybertruck are all years behind schedule. And you can’t blame all of that on the shortages currently faced by the whole auto industry.
What else would you blame on? Tesla employees and engineers taking the money and partying? People were "working from home" for two years remember?

Reactions: Stuart Watson

Me, you and everyone on this forum are driving around in these incredible vehicles that only started in Elon’s head. In fact you can get an acceptable ev from a number of manufacturers all because of him. The super charger network that now encircles the globe was all just a promise now a reality. Some things are harder to do...live on Mars, build electric trucks...ask the companies that have been making trucks for a hundred years

Reactions: Stuart Watson
What else would you blame on? Tesla employees and engineers taking the money and partying? People were "working from home" for two years remember?
Musk’s disastrously wrong timelines, especially when it comes to FSD, predate COVID by some considerable time.

As an example, Musk in February 2019:
“I think we will be feature complete, full self-driving, this year. Meaning the car will be able to find you in a parking lot, pick you up and take you all the way to your destination without an intervention. This year. I would say I am of certain of that, that is not a question mark.”

You have become Musk and Tesla’s apologist extraordinaire, but you are trying to defend the indefensible.

Musk’s disastrously wrong timelines, especially when it comes to FSD, predate COVID by some considerable time.

As an example, Musk in February 2019:
“I think we will be feature complete, full self-driving, this year. Meaning the car will be able to find you in a parking lot, pick you up and take you all the way to your destination without an intervention. This year. I would say I am of certain of that, that is not a question mark.”

You have become Musk and Tesla’s apologist extraordinaire, but you are trying to defend the indefensible.
Optimistic is not the same as disastrously wrong...when a defense contractor takes years longer than promised, and stings the taxpayer for double the price...that’s disastrously wrong. If you can’t yet get a cyber truck or ticket to Mars...that’s not a disaster

Optimistic is not the same as disastrously wrong...when a defense contractor takes years longer than promised, and stings the taxpayer for double the price...that’s disastrously wrong. If you can’t yet get a cyber truck or ticket to Mars...that’s not a disaster
No, Musk was disastrously wrong, and not for the first time. Read his words - “I am certain of that, that is not a question mark.” That isn’t just being optimistic. That was more than three years ago and there is still no prospect of true autonomous driving anytime soon.

I don’t want a Cybertruck and no one will be going to Mars for decades, despite what Musk might spout.