Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another rejected model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not really sure that I did though, my sales person was off that day so the manager was helping me. She was very nice but essentially said my standards were too high for Tesla..
Makes you wonder if they will address/repair any of the issues you mentioned before offering the car to someone else or just try to pass it off to a less discerning customer as is?

Not really sure that I did though, my sales person was off that day so the manager was helping me. She was very nice but essentially said my standards were too high for Tesla and that she could not guarantee that the next car would be any better. The sky clouded up (and started to sprinkle) so it was hard to find the fish eyes for her, when she finally saw the second one she said now that I had pointed out two that they could offer to repaint the frunk. I had a microfiber and kept wiping the moisture off of the quarter panel but she said she couldn't see the dent. I didn't really give her the rest of the list, her attitude about the condition of the car and my expectations were a big turn-off.
In isolation, no, but if the majority of EV shoppers were to have your approach, Tesla would change.

Reactions: imola.zhp
LOL are you for real? Chevy isn’t “entry level” it spans all price points like any full range auto brand does. Most of their lineup is more expensive than the Bolt. If the Chevy name is good enough for $70k Suburbans and $130k Corvette ZR1s, it’s good enough for a $30k compact electric hatchback.
A little reality check here: A well-equipped Chevy Bolt goes for about $44k before any tax incentives. Also, it would appear that the execs at GM agree with me. The new GM Velite 7 eSUV, now being released in China, has the Buick tri-shield symbol as will the next compact EV made for the Chinese market.

A little reality check here: A well-equipped Chevy Bolt goes for about $44k before any tax incentives. Also, it would appear that the execs at GM agree with me. The new GM Velite 7 eSUV, now being released in China, has the Buick tri-shield symbol as will the next compact EV made for the Chinese market.

That’s because, in China, Buick is a vastly more popular brand than Chevrolet with a much larger distribution network. They literally sell twice as many Buicks as they do Chevys so it makes sense to market them as such. In North America, the opposite is true. The Chevrolet brand has much broader appeal than Buick does here. I can’t see how slapping a Buick badge on a Bolt would make it any more premium. The Chevy lineup reaches much higher price points than Buick in North America, and the average transaction price is higher due to the very expensive trucks and suvs they sell.

I don’t even like GM and have no interest in a Bolt. I just think it’s funny that someone would perceive a pseudo-luxury brand like Buick as somehow better. Most have been rebadged Opels (not a premium brand) for the past decade.

I guess this proves marketing works well.

Reactions: McFlurri
YMMV. I was in Egypt in 1979. Met a lot of cab drivers. The majority of for-hire cars were white Mercedes, and decent ones at that. Most cars, truck and buses (also Mercedes) were white for obvious reasons. Anyway, the luckiest and happiest of drivers were not piloting any Mercedes. I asked one what his ideal car was, and he told us he was driving it. It was a Chevy Impala, and not a very high end version either.

Yeah, but the bolt looks like a turd. Sorry, but it's true. I just could not drive one.