Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another round of price cut?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We were all set to buy the Y and then my wife sat in a new customer’s MX. The MX is the only option in the Tesla line for us. Plus, I already bought the floor mats. 🤪 Neither one of us were fans of the MY seats. A bit narrow ,short on thigh support and no cool seat ventilation for the hot humid days in the south.
I have a 2017 S with the ventilated seats. And then I sat in the new X with the cooled seats. Wow. Much better.

All those same things. Are you in Knoxville? And which mats did you go with? We have an S with FUSC and I may use the credit for mats and not the charger. Haven’t decided yet. 3 kids and 3dogs
I am in Knox. I went with the 3D mats. They look really nice in the box 😁. I literally just walked out to the garage and pulled one out. I have to say, they look really nice for a rubber mat and I like the Velcro type under mat, which would seem to adhere to the carpet really well.I would consider them a 3 season mat if you live in an area that gets lots of snow.

Here is the history of Model X refresh prices.

View attachment 925907
Here is a historical graph from 2019.

Tesla Model X Base Price History (8).png

Link to Data and other charts. Similar trims are combined for simplicity.

I’m surprised by the difference. Maybe the newer X has a bigger or stronger fan to push more air through the seat holes.
Mine sucks the air in. There new blow air out and it felt like cooled air. MUCH better. I never liked the idea of mine sucking in sweaty hot air from my body and getting into the seats. I rarely use them but fortunately preconditioning takes care of most of it.

Reactions: GoVols!
If someone like myself is shopping for vehicles over $80k, the Ev incentives are not remotely in my buying process. Anyone who makes less than $300k family household should not be buying cars they can’t afford. That’s around 25-30% of annual income. The whole EV incentive needs to go away altogether and then maybe we will get real car pricing from manufacturers. Tesla is wise to lower prices to bring in more buyers. What I’d like to see from Tesla, is a dang 360* birdseye view for tight maneuvers near curbs, etc. The price is one thing but at least provide me with safety features other cars have at a much lower cost. I’m having a hard time justifying and pulling the trigger on an MX when I can buy a loaded X7 with massage seats and all the safety sensors missing in the X. I think things like this are keeping buyers away from the Model X in current price category. For those who can afford $80k+ cars, % rates are not as big of a deal either as they generally put down 50% or more when rates are high.
This!! The only reason to buy a MX is the environmental factors. Otherwise, a fully loaded X7 will cost you less, including gas!

I dunno man, hit up Peter Pan about a couple of those xDrive40i sports. When I checked, they weren't going for MSRP and the Model X makes more sense. Plus the Model X comes in red.

View attachment 925962
Sorry, I’m not following. Everything you posted is less than a MX 7 seater in red. Are you saying it will be more expensive due to dealer markup?

Unlike Tesla, there are MANY dealerships to do business with. I bet one of them will sell it at MSRP, if not lower.

(I’m not a Tesla hater, I am even considering a MX. just waiting for the “right price”!)

I dunno man, hit up Peter Pan about a couple of those xDrive40i sports. When I checked, they weren't going for MSRP and the Model X makes more sense. Plus the Model X comes in red.

View attachment 925962
Go outside of Bay Area, like Sac or Roseville and you’ll get msrp and or 3%off unless that’s changed. Also, if you order an x7, you won’t pay above msrp unless the dealer is a scoundrel. The red you got looks incredible. Let’s hope they can get the park assist working perfectly

Reactions: holeydonut
Sorry, I’m not following. Everything you posted is less than a MX 7 seater in red. Are you saying it will be more expensive due to dealer markup?

Unlike Tesla, there are MANY dealerships to do business with. I bet one of them will sell it at MSRP, if not lower.

(I’m not a Tesla hater, I am even considering a MX. just waiting for the “right price”!)

Nobody in the Bay Area is selling large vehicles below MSRP.

You can't even get a Sienna or Chrysler Pacifica at MSRP. Peter Pan wasn't selling X7 at (or below) MSRP. With the recent price cuts to the Model X, the vehicle is very attractive. Plus it comes in red.

Personally if I needed a seven seater, the MX would be a tough call.

You can't even get a Sienna or Chrysler Pacifica at MSRP. Peter Pan wasn't selling X7 at (or below) MSRP. With the recent price cuts to the Model X, the vehicle is very attractive. Plus it comes in red.

My buddy has been leasing bimmers for years from Peter Pan since he lives in Palo Alto. Granted, he probably doesn’t even look at the price. Always gets the same loaded X5 every 3yrs.

Personally if I needed a seven seater, the MX would be a tough call.

My buddy has been leasing bimmers for years from Peter Pan since he lives in Palo Alto. Granted, he probably doesn’t even look at the price. Always gets the same loaded X5 every 3yrs.

Yeah, I've noticed if you're a lifer, my understanding is Peter Pan takes care of you. But since I've never bought a BMW in my life... when I inquired about their vehicles I was getting their normal sales pitch that would make you hate the dealer model.

BTW, BMW leases are absolutely nuts. I was getting quoted with resids that made no sense (super low). Or, the money factor implied a 10%+ APR. Leases can be absolutely disasterous/bad, but many customers pay the monthly just because they can afford it.

The absolute worst twist of the American Auto Industry was when the conversation went from "how much should you pay?" and it became "what can you afford?"

Value sells cars. Doesn’t matter if it’s $80k or $800k. People don’t like feeling ripped off and if a reasonably equivalent product is offered for less money, people will chase it. Not to save money, but because they don’t want to feel like suckers.

For both the Model Y and Model 3, the cost for the larger battery is ~ $200 per kWh

That is so impressive. Go Tesla !!

It also emphasizes just how valuable it is going to be for Tesla cars to support V2H or V2G

I was willing to do the early adopter edgelord thing for this current X I have now but my expectations for the next vehicle are really going up rapidly with all the new capability baked into the upcoming EV’s and this is a big one for me. Would make the small gas generator I have now obsolete and free up some shop space

Reactions: SageBrush
If someone like myself is shopping for vehicles over $80k, the Ev incentives are not remotely in my buying process. Anyone who makes less than $300k family household should not be buying cars they can’t afford. That’s around 25-30% of annual income. The whole EV incentive needs to go away altogether and then maybe we will get real car pricing from manufacturers. Tesla is wise to lower prices to bring in more buyers. What I’d like to see from Tesla, is a dang 360* birdseye view for tight maneuvers near curbs, etc. The price is one thing but at least provide me with safety features other cars have at a much lower cost. I’m having a hard time justifying and pulling the trigger on an MX when I can buy a loaded X7 with massage seats and all the safety sensors missing in the X. I think things like this are keeping buyers away from the Model X in current price category. For those who can afford $80k+ cars, % rates are not as big of a deal either as they generally put down 50% or more when rates are high.
Very true. Issue is less pricing but not being competitive in what should be standard features. Car has some great tech but then complete misses. It’s like an amazing 3 point shooter but misses free throws constantly.

Another thing I consider is that I’ve had a relatively excellent experience with my MS Raven. My cost of ownership is SUBSTANTIALLY lower than if I had purchased any European competitor car, and it’s not just gas. We had a Q7 and my wife needed oil. She calls Audi and they are a month and a half out at two locations. I had to replace brake pads on an A8 and I wanted them to keep the car. We had an X7 and loved the look and it drove nice, but outside of space, it can’t touch an MX.