Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another round of price cut?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wonder if this is the last of the price cuts for now? And curious to see if they announce HW4 officially either…

But makes me glad I didn’t take delivery yet either - gone through two price cuts while waiting!

Looks like the new S/X just got $5000 cheaper now. The Plaid X is now $104,990. Good thing I haven't taken delivery yet...
[Edit:] It seems Model 3 got $1000 cheaper and Model Y got $2000 off as well.
I was supposed to take delivery Saturday and got pushed back until late next week. I initiated a wire transfer today for the entire amount. because I haven’t taken delivery are you saying we can request a refund?

Took delivery too. Guess that's what happens when the CEO becomes obsessed with social media to the point he buys a failing company, and sits on the site all day tweeting. Imagine if he invested that time into Tesla. He cares more about Twitter than Tesla and it's really affecting the company, sales have tanked and the prices are cratering as a reflection. He's really become a loser. He's probably tweeting a meme of a dog or crying about politics right now and could care less.

Took delivery too. Guess that's what happens when the CEO becomes obsessed with social media to the point he buys a failing company, and sits on the site all day tweeting. Imagine if he invested that time into Tesla. He cares more about Twitter than Tesla and it's really affecting the company, sales have tanked and the prices are cratering as a reflection. He's really become a loser. He's probably tweeting a meme of a dog or crying about politics right now and could care less.
Lowering prices should be a surprise to no one.

Back in 2018, could get into a new Model X for 80k.

Prices are merely getting back to “normal” and as manufacturing costs improve, Tesla will continue to lower costs. Competition is going to be hurt the most by this. But it’s great for the consumers that buy now and keep the car for a while.

Model S/X inventory isn’t “that” high especially compared to days of inventory for the competition. Also many are in transit to new markets.

Last edited:
Now the price is getting more reasonable but still isn’t worth $95k with lacking or semi-working safety features. I bet it drops another $5k by October and should have updated “active” Phoenix radar with the additional cameras “front bumper” without being retrofitted. Just hopes of mine, as I am still considering at MX but wonder if a MY is more reliable based on the issues new owners are still having with the FWD, interior panels and longer term owners with the half shafts and CV’s.

Now the price is getting more reasonable but still isn’t worth $95k with lacking or semi-working safety features. I bet it drops another $5k by October and should have updated “active” Phoenix radar with the additional cameras “front bumper” without being retrofitted. Just hopes of mine, as I am still considering at MX but wonder if a MY is more reliable based on the issues new owners are still having with the FWD, interior panels and longer term owners with the half shafts and CV’s.
Hi, what cameras are you speaking of on the front bumper? We just took delivery on the X on the 31st so a price cut stings. THAT SAID, I ran the math and we are still below what it would have cost today, and we have the SC miles, two fobs, and a credit to the Tesla store for a wall charger. So until they drop it another 5k we are still better off lol. Until…

Here is the history of Model X refresh prices.

1680877464892.png

Hi, what cameras are you speaking of on the front bumper? We just took delivery on the X on the 31st so a price cut stings. THAT SAID, I ran the math and we are still below what it would have cost today, and we have the SC miles, two fobs, and a credit to the Tesla store for a wall charger. So until they drop it another 5k we are still better off lol. Until…
The new HW4 has additional camera ports to add more cameras and insiders(I linked one source below) believes the hw4.5 will be coming out with front bumper cameras. How did you get two free key fobs, SC(how many miles or time)credit and store credit? If sales continue to plummet on the X, prices will adjust another $5k sooner then later. Tesla Putting Cameras in Headlights With New Hardware Setup - Better For FSD | Torque News

Look at the inventory graph(from tesla-info) of X, its a true nightmare for sales management! (can tell for sure as I lead sales teams). Annual goal of 1.8 million is still far out 1.8-7.7 = 1.1 M given economic pressure, layoffs and looming recession, there are fewer new buyers willing to shell out $80 K plus without any EV incentives!
BRW S seems to on the verge of becoming EV rebate available.. EM has to drop another 10K on X by Q3 and 5K on S probably on May 6th.

It would be a crazy day if X goes under 80 K with a little smaller range battery pack😆

Attachments

• IMG_0316.jpeg
    IMG_0316.jpeg
    187 KB · Views: 83
  • Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
Look at the inventory graph(from tesla-info) of X, its a true nightmare for sales management! (can tell for sure as I lead sales teams). Annual goal of 1.8 million is still far out 1.8-7.7 = 1.1 M given economic pressure, layoffs and looming recession, there are fewer new buyers willing to shell out $80 K plus without any EV incentives!
BRW S seems to on the verge of becoming EV rebate available.. EM has to drop another 10K on X by Q3 and 5K on S probably on May 6th.

It would be a crazy day if X goes under 80 K with a little smaller range battery pack😆
If someone like myself is shopping for vehicles over $80k, the Ev incentives are not remotely in my buying process. Anyone who makes less than $300k family household should not be buying cars they can’t afford. That’s around 25-30% of annual income. The whole EV incentive needs to go away altogether and then maybe we will get real car pricing from manufacturers. Tesla is wise to lower prices to bring in more buyers. What I’d like to see from Tesla, is a dang 360* birdseye view for tight maneuvers near curbs, etc. The price is one thing but at least provide me with safety features other cars have at a much lower cost. I’m having a hard time justifying and pulling the trigger on an MX when I can buy a loaded X7 with massage seats and all the safety sensors missing in the X. I think things like this are keeping buyers away from the Model X in current price category. For those who can afford $80k+ cars, % rates are not as big of a deal either as they generally put down 50% or more when rates are high.

The new HW4 has additional camera ports to add more cameras and insiders(I linked one source below) believes the hw4.5 will be coming out with front bumper cameras. How did you get two free key fobs, SC(how many miles or time)credit and store credit? If sales continue to plummet on the X, prices will adjust another $5k sooner then later. Tesla Putting Cameras in Headlights With New Hardware Setup - Better For FSD | Torque News
Yes they will probably get it back to 90k. It’s unfortunate because they can price the car very different than just dropping MSRP. They also do the reverse, bring new features to the less expensive car. Whereas competitors typically start top down with new technology. Ultimately I think the X is a much better car than the why for our needs.

Fobs were negotiated because there was an issue at pickup. 10k supercharging miles. $500 credit.

Reactions: GoVols!
Yes they will probably get it back to 90k. It’s unfortunate because they can price the car very different than just dropping MSRP. They also do the reverse, bring new features to the less expensive car. Whereas competitors typically start top down with new technology. Ultimately I think the X is a much better car than the why for our needs.

Fobs were negotiated because there was an issue at pickup. 10k supercharging miles. $500 credit.
We were all set to buy the Y and then my wife sat in a new customer’s MX. The MX is the only option in the Tesla line for us. Plus, I already bought the floor mats. 🤪 Neither one of us were fans of the MY seats. A bit narrow ,short on thigh support and no cool seat ventilation for the hot humid days in the south.

All those same things. Are you in Knoxville? And which mats did you go with? We have an S with FUSC and I may use the credit for mats and not the charger. Haven’t decided yet. 3 kids and 3dogs
We were all set to buy the Y and then my wife sat in a new customer’s MX. The MX is the only option in the Tesla line for us. Plus, I already bought the floor mats. 🤪 Neither one of us were fans of the MY seats. A bit narrow ,short on thigh support and no cool seat ventilation for the hot humid days in the south.