Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Model Y with new projector headlights in the USA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I finally decide to place an order for 2021 model y long range with FSD. 19” wheel. Placed on 29th, received confirmation with order number instantly. Brooklyn ick up location. Surprised me that I received email for vehicles VIN after minutes. Called back second day morning asked if that’s mistake. They told me they ordered extra to wait for match orders to short waiting time.
Vin:096xxx,
Production date: early 01/21.
Come with heated steering wheel auto dim mirror, preinstalled tesla usb.
DOES NOT come with Adaptive Headlights.
Wondering when will Tesla produce Model Y with Adaptive Headlights. Anyone received delivery with Adaptive Headlights please share Vin to estimate the time. Thanks a lot !
ps: I’ve attached new adaptive Headlights on model 3. I bet they will be installed on model y soon

Attachments

• E9892067-92C8-4743-9A9E-BE9939A7870C.jpeg
    E9892067-92C8-4743-9A9E-BE9939A7870C.jpeg
    56.4 KB · Views: 229
  • Disagree
Reactions: glide
Im surprised this thread has not been more active. I think a lot of us now have confirmed Model Ys with a February born date are seeing the new adaptive headlights and heated wheel.

Now we wait for the center console......

If anyone has a Model Y with the new headlights please post them here. Pictured would be nice :D

So the order page renderings in Canada still show the old (silver) headlights.

View attachment 633334

Also for what its worth.....the Model 3 which is confirmed to have the new headlights still shows on the US Tesla website with the older headlights as well. With that being said, I wouldn't use that to determine if the upgrade to adaptive headlights has happened.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 6.19.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 6.19.59 PM.png
    601.1 KB · Views: 173
Im surprised this thread has not been more active. I think a lot of us now have confirmed Model Ys with a February born date are seeing the new adaptive headlights and heated wheel.

Now we wait for the center console......

If anyone has a Model Y with the new headlights please post them here. Pictured would be nice :D

I unmatched from a 2/4 build (119xxx) that did not have the updated headlights. I’m in no hurry so I’ll wait a couple of weeks to see what the new deliveries are coming with.

But agree, would love to see what people are getting especially with the February builds.

How do you unmatch from a VIN?

Just call your sales/delivery advisor if you have one and tell them you’re not ready to take delivery. I told mine I wanted to wait for the headlights. They said no problem. So I’ll just watch for a week or two to see what people are getting. Then I’ll get back in line when they can deliver the updates I want.

I know that Tesla is building more white (or most color) LR Y's with 20" Induction wheels, as there aren't any around except maybe a few available on the East Coast.... definitely nothing nothing near Southern California. Checked Tesla's local database at their store, and also on the ev-cpo site which confirmed it.

So if there's a chance for the LR Y to come with the updated headlights, then the opportunity for that to happen may be in March. One can only hope :)

Reactions: EV-CPO
I know that Tesla is building more white (or most color) LR Y's with 20" Induction wheels, as there aren't any around except maybe a few available on the East Coast.... definitely nothing nothing near Southern California. Checked Tesla's local database at their store, and also on the ev-cpo site which confirmed it.

So if there's a chance for the LR Y to come with the updated headlights, then the opportunity for that to happen may be in March. One can only hope :)
I hope I get the new headlights and console. I ordered LR White/White 20" 7 seat on 01/11/2021 with estimated delivery 2-5 weeks, which disappeared at 5 weeks and now nothing! Waiting anxiously on a VIN.