Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any recent CA owners apply for the $2,500 CVRP rebate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, there are presently no financial incentives from the State of California to buy EVs. This should really have a much bigger impact on Chevy Bolt and Model 3 sales than on Model S sales.

A family friend is a investment partner and the GM of a local Chevy dealer and he says the Volt's took a hit when the green carpool stickers ran out for good and they took another hit recently when the $1500 rebate went away. They used to bank on the leasee fronting that $1500 and getting it back in a short time and it would cover most of the drive offs and lower the monthly payment.

Can't imagine a lot of people buying the Bolt to begin with, but some on the fence in CA with no EV incentives make look at alternative ICE cars instead.

I cut it really close but I got it!

13906893_10157388688905571_6489536228334334151_n.jpg

Reactions: SuperOmega
Looks like it got more funding

What does the rebate waitlist mean to me?

The rebate waitlist began on June 11 when CVRP funding for fiscal year 2015-16 was exhausted. $133M in new funding was approved for CVRP on September 14 to cover waitlisted applications and applications received in fiscal year 2016-17. We expect to end the waitlist by the end of September and anticipate receiving funding to begin issuing rebate checks in December. Your rebate will be paid as soon as possible after funds are available if you meet all requirements and submit correct supporting documents within the given time frame.

We will continue to update our website as more information is available.

The waitlist officially ended yesterday (09/29) after $133M of funding was approved for the 2016-2017 fiscal year.

I applied in August after I took delivery of my S60 and got approved, but was placed on a waitlist. I'll see how long it'll take for the CVRP to get through the backlog and issue my rebate's check.

I applied for the rebate the day I picked up my car on 6/16 (6 days after the previous deadline). Just got this email today:

We are pleased to inform you that we mailed your Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) check via USPS on to the address on your application. This is what the envelope with the check looks like:

CheckEnvelope.jpg

Reactions: Totalchaos
Apply here: https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/

Additional funding for the CA rebate was approved on 09/14/2016, just days after I picked up my Model X. I applied for the rebate just a couple of days later and received approval for my application on the 22nd...but given that funding had been exhausted for quite some time, I was told not to expect a check within the usual 90 day window because:
a) Funding is not yet available (they anticipate this happening in December)
b) There is a wait list of approved applications that will be filled in order of their approvals

Last edited: