Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any regrets with MX 60D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Unrelated to the 60D specifically, how is he standard stereo in the MX? Was previously looking at a MS and felt the standard stereo was adaquate but not sure with the larger vehicle how it is.

Any info is appreciated!! Thanks in advance!!

We took a test drive three weeks ago and I was sure the stereo was the upgraded - shocked when the salesman said it was standard. I think if you're an audiophile, buy the upgrade. If not, save $2500.

We took a test drive three weeks ago and I was sure the stereo was the upgraded - shocked when the salesman said it was standard. I think if you're an audiophile, buy the upgrade. If not, save $2500.

Thanks for posting this, glad to hear. I'm about to take delivery on an MX and that is really the only option its missing. Had the high fidelity system in our MS and sounded good so was worried about not having it - seems like it'll be fine overall with people reporting the standard 9 speaker sounds decent :)

I think unless you really like to listen to your music incredibly loud, you're better off using that $2500 on other options. The standard system is great!

Reactions: travwill
Any idea on the timeline for auto pilot 2.0?

short answer no

but there is a ton of speculation in these and other Tesla forums. Newly delivered owners keep looking over their car and in some cases removing things to see if they have new hardware. We know Model Xs are already shipping with new camera housings and maybe even new wire harnesses, so hopefully by Nov it will all be there. Tesla seems to add new hardware without commenting and then later they'll say all cars made after such and such a date have the hardware for new version of autopilot. There is also speculation that all P100D will come with the hardware so all other cars build at that time will have it too.

two good articles on the topic are:
Tesla Autopilot 2.0: next gen Autopilot powered by more radar, new triple camera, some equipment already in production
Tesla Autopilot 2.0: retrofit to next gen sensors likely to be available for some owners

short answer no

but there is a ton of speculation in these and other Tesla forums. Newly delivered owners keep looking over their car and in some cases removing things to see if they have new hardware. We know Model Xs are already shipping with new camera housings and maybe even new wire harnesses, so hopefully by Nov it will all be there. Tesla seems to add new hardware without commenting and then later they'll say all cars made after such and such a date have the hardware for new version of autopilot. There is also speculation that all P100D will come with the hardware so all other cars build at that time will have it too.

two good articles on the topic are:
Tesla Autopilot 2.0: next gen Autopilot powered by more radar, new triple camera, some equipment already in production
Tesla Autopilot 2.0: retrofit to next gen sensors likely to be available for some owners
Fair enough. My guess is they will add another layer of redundancy to the hardware (i.e. more sensors/cameras), but like Elon said, software is the limiting factor right now, not the hardware. Very exciting to see how things will evolve!

I doubt if any X60Ds have been delivered yet. 75Ds are just starting to get delivered the last couple weeks - all ordered well before the 60D became an option.

However, it doesn't seem like there's much risk involved - if the 60 isn't enough, you can always upgrade to 75 over the air - maybe using the federal tax credit money to cover it.
I pick up my Model X 60 on 9-13-16.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP and spkonda
I'm surprised Tesla hasn't offered discounted 40kWh pack unlocks to give older S's 60kWh. Maybe they don't want to encourage it, because it would degrade the pack faster? I was hoping my 60 would become a 75 in a year or two with a discounted upgrade, but after reading about Model S's from a few years ago, my hopes are dwindling.

I am getting an X60D too, please share how you find the range, how easy it is to reach the 200 mile range per charge and how quickly it recharges (since it's really a 75 battery) at superchargers.

Bjorn did a video while he had a facelift Model S 70D, that had a 75D battery and raved about the charging speed. I'm assuming that a 60D Model X/S will charge just as fast, and hit 100% in no time (without damage since seems to not be using top of battery level). Enjoy!

Everything I see online shows on the software limited batteries that all the battery is available, but they all charge to a maximum level. In the case of the 60D the max is a perfect 80%. This should allow a 60D to supercharge right up to 100% (80% of full)at a very high speed