Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any way to get safely on 4 jack stands?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Burrito- after reading everyone suggestions, I think your approach is the best mix of realistic cost and safety. However I'm not only having trouble finding the ESCO flat top stands (amazon says out of stock until AUG), but even the Rennstands are backordered. If I break down and grab the red "tesla rennstands" (assuming in stock), would you trust these? https://www.amazon.com/Torin-Big-Aluminum-Jack-Stands/dp/B0007XTGCI/ or do you know of any other quality stands with a flat top? These Torins get good reviews, but would you trust the tops of these against a jack puck? Thanks!
I got mine here but are also out of stock
https://reverselogic.us/jack-stands/

Has anyone actually tried the 6 ton version? They seem to be more readily available.
The description says they lift the same height. Are they just made out of thicker steel or are they actually larger I wonder?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YTBTT1V/ref=dp_prsubs_1

I have the 3ton version and they look exactly like the 6ton version in the picture. I'm not sure there is any difference lol. They work fine by the way. I used them to paint my calipers red.

I have the 3ton version and they look exactly like the 6ton version in the picture. I'm not sure there is any difference lol. They work fine by the way. I used them to paint my calipers red.

Do you have a way to measure the thickness of the L shaped piece that touches the ground? Maybe some of the square tubing also if you can get some calipers or something in there?

I bought some of the 6 ton ones today. I will measure the thickness when I receive them. Im assuming that is the only difference, the thickness of the metal.

Plugging MADE IN THE USA Jackpoint Jack Stands again. Clearly sometimea people want to buy someplace besides Amazon and something Made Here, don't they?

Home <- (link to jackpointjackstands.com)

My engineer, mechanic, jack of all trades professional driver friend uses them and even volunteered to do tire rotations because the stands work so dang good!

Plugging MADE IN THE USA Jackpoint Jack Stands again. Clearly sometimea people want to buy someplace besides Amazon and something Made Here, don't they?

My engineer, mechanic, jack of all trades professional driver friend uses them and even volunteered to do tire rotations because the stands work so dang good!
$320 a piece, and you need 4 of them...

For this price, SafeJack Rennstand is the better option IMO.

Dumb question...I need to remove a tire to have a rim repaired. I am thinking it will take 2-3 days. Not being too mechanically inclined here comes the dumb question...can a trust a floor jack to keep the car up for that time period? Or should I attempt to do what is in the pic below...noting that I only need to keep one tire off the ground.
upload_2020-11-23_17-58-17.jpeg

Dumb question...I need to remove a tire to have a rim repaired. I am thinking it will take 2-3 days. Not being too mechanically inclined here comes the dumb question...can a trust a floor jack to keep the car up for that time period? Or should I attempt to do what is in the pic below...noting that I only need to keep one tire off the ground.
View attachment 611239
I would not trust only a floor jack.

I would not trust only a floor jack.

Agree. You don't need to run to the hardware store and build a wood shed under your car like that picture, but of course you can if you are so inclined. If you have a jack stand available, at a minimum you can place it under (not supporting any weight now but ready to "catch" the car if the jack fails) the control arm, etc. Not ideal but should be fine.

You can also jack up from the rear jack point high enough to get a jackstand under the front support on the same side. If the wheel/tire you are replacing is from the front, you are done. If is its on the rear, simply swap the good wheel to back and then you can lower it down a bit while the front frame is still supported by the jack stand.

Last edited:
View attachment 611239

I found a screw in my passenger side rear tire yesterday. I used SafeJack to safely lift and support using rear lift point, but the front tire lifted off the ground as well. I was worried about tweaking something so ended up putting a Safejack on the front lift point as well. I removed the tire to take it to Discount Tire to have it repaired. Turns out since the nail was in the sidewall close to tread, I needed to buy a new tire. Car had to remain on the SafeJacks for a day or so until special order tire comes in.
WIN_20201124_08_01_06_Pro.jpg