Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone bought Pirelli Cinturato P7 AS tires yet? 70k warranty!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given the dissatisfaction with the Cinturatos here, is there another tire that would give me LRR (low rolling resistance), good grip, all weather performance, grand touring comfort, minimum noise and maximum isolation from road imperfections? I'm really not crazy about the 19" Michelin Primacy tires that I'm about to replace. They are noisy and I can feel every crack in the road. I live in Arizona, but it can rain torrentially here in the summer and I do sometimes drive into light snowy conditions in the winter time, so that's why I'm leaning towards an all weather tire versus a summer tire.

Given the dissatisfaction with the Cinturatos here, is there another tire that would give me LRR (low rolling resistance), good grip, all weather performance, grand touring comfort, minimum noise and maximum isolation from road imperfections?
If there is I would like to know about it. So far I haven't found anything.

Affer driving a p85+ loaner the last few days I'm going to go to discount tire tomorrow to work on swapping out the p7 for the sports, I miss not worrying about sliding and peeling out. They are just way too slippery and squeeky with any torque.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll record and post a dead start full peddle on the p7 tomorrow for myself and everyone else to compare.

After picking up my ride Saturday lo and behold it rides perfectly with the new drive unit! I'm not sure if they recalibrated the traction control or if my new drive unit is just better but I can slam it down and sticks like glue. Very happy now.

Could this mean the alignment was off in some manner since they do a four wheel alignment with drive unit swaps?

After picking up my ride Saturday lo and behold it rides perfectly with the new drive unit! I'm not sure if they recalibrated the traction control or if my new drive unit is just better but I can slam it down and sticks like glue. Very happy now.

Would you say that the Cinturatos are in any way superior to the Pilot Sport A/S 3? After doing more research, I'm not sure if what I want is a grand touring tire, UHP all season, or max performance summer. I live in Arizona and have had to deal with light snow once in the last 10 years. All I know is that I'm not happy with my Michelin Primacies. They tramline like crazy on grooved pavement and aren't particularly forgiving of road imperfections. I'm going to get 40,000 miles out of them, however.

Question about the 255 size.... I read some excellent reviews of the Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires, but they only come in a 255/45R19 size as opposed to factory spec 245/45R19. Would that cause rubbing in the front wheel wells? The width measurement on the 255 PSS is 28.1", whereas the 245 Primacy is 27.7". Does that extra .4" make that much of a difference?

Would you say that the Cinturatos are in any way superior to the Pilot Sport A/S 3?

no. the Pilot Sport A/S 3 is the superior tire (except in snow and ice).

Question about the 255 size.... I read some excellent reviews of the Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires, but they only come in a 255/45R19 size as opposed to factory spec 245/45R19. Would that cause rubbing in the front wheel wells? The width measurement on the 255 PSS is 28.1", whereas the 245 Primacy is 27.7". Does that extra .4" make that much of a difference?

the 255 michelins only slightly rub when going in REVERSE at a FULL TURN ANGLE. other than that, they don't rub.

also FWIW the 255/45ZR19 Pilot Sport A/S 3 is 28.0" and the 255/45R19 cintuarto P7 plus I'm running now are 28.2". same thing, only rub in reverse at full turn angle. so technically i'm running with a full 0.5" bigger wheel than OEM. no issues.

Given the dissatisfaction with the Cinturatos here, is there another tire that would give me LRR (low rolling resistance), good grip, all weather performance, grand touring comfort, minimum noise and maximum isolation from road imperfections? I'm really not crazy about the 19" Michelin Primacy tires that I'm about to replace. They are noisy and I can feel every crack in the road. I live in Arizona, but it can rain torrentially here in the summer and I do sometimes drive into light snowy conditions in the winter time, so that's why I'm leaning towards an all weather tire versus a summer tire.

The P7's hit all your requirements, honestly. They have good grip, just not excellent grip, and we really shouldn't expect that from an all season. They are extremely quiet and decreased my wH/mile considerably (340 to being able to hit sub 300 while cruising.) I haven't tried them during winter yet, so I can't comment on that.

I think I can recommend them for non P's. For the P's, it depends what's important to you. My launch speed is definitely slower, and the braking distance has increased, and I can tell they are not performance tires while cornering.

OK, so seriously how bad is it?

I have a P85 with 21" rims and OE Continental "summer" tires. I want to put on all season touring tires on for the winter in North Carolina. We typically see a couple of snow days each year, and I don't want to think about trying that with the 21s/Contis.

With the 21s/Contis, I don't break the back end loose unless I fully gun it or hit the right pedal pretty hard while turning from a stop.

The P7 looks enticing from a financial aspect because once I mount them on 19s, my rubber cost will go from 10 cents a mile down to under 2 cents a mile - finally getting my tire cost per mile under my fuel cost per mile.

I guess I am saying, I can handle the tires being merely "good" or even "fair", I just can't handle worse than "fair"...so...

For those of you who want to dump your P7AS+ tires, Using the following grading scale, is it that they are:

F. Bordering on dangerous - and just an awful match for the Model S weight/torque regardless of driving style
D. Really bad and not fun, but not dangerous
C. Unsatisfying and takes some of the joy out of the car
B. Actually kind of OK, just don't like them because of knowledge or experience with better tires

It is kind of a big investment, but I am willing to go with these if they are "B" or "C" (knowing I can switch to "A" for the summer months), just not "D" or "F". THanks.

Last edited:
I have 3500 miles on my Cinturatos in my S 85. I like the tires overall as they are very quiet and handle well overall. My one complaint is that over 60 they seem to have a side to side slight swaying motion at times. Has anyone else experienced that? I'm trying to figure out if there could be anything else wrong such as alignment or struts.

the 255 michelins only slightly rub when going in REVERSE at a FULL TURN ANGLE. other than that, they don't rub.

also FWIW the 255/45ZR19 Pilot Sport A/S 3 is 28.0" and the 255/45R19 cintuarto P7 plus I'm running now are 28.2". same thing, only rub in reverse at full turn angle. so technically i'm running with a full 0.5" bigger wheel than OEM. no issues.

Since the 255s are 10mm wider than the 245s, what do you think about using a 5mm spacer? Might that be sufficient to alleviate the rubbing? Also, does anyone know if there would be a downside to using a 5mm spacer?

Since the 255s are 10mm wider than the 245s, what do you think about using a 5mm spacer? Might that be sufficient to alleviate the rubbing? Also, does anyone know if there would be a downside to using a 5mm spacer?

actually on my TSportline TST's theres already a 5mm offset difference from stock OEM (35mm vs 40mm) so thats what i've already been running with.

Somewhere between B and C? If I didn't have experience with other tires and if I didn't like to push the car to extremes it would be B. But if I didn't like to have some fun now and then I would have saved myself $20k and bought an 85D :)

I bought the P7's before a 3500 mile road trip to get the LRR, and a quieter ride.

Would you say that the Cinturatos are in any way superior to the Pilot Sport A/S 3? After doing more research, I'm not sure if what I want is a grand touring tire, UHP all season, or max performance summer. I live in Arizona and have had to deal with light snow once in the last 10 years. All I know is that I'm not happy with my Michelin Primacies. They tramline like crazy on grooved pavement and aren't particularly forgiving of road imperfections. I'm going to get 40,000 miles out of them, however.

I can't compare them to the Super sports as I had primacies on before the P7's. I was convinced I was going to return the P7's and after picking up my S85 with the replaced DU on Saturday I got my phone out and started recording to show how bad the initial traction is on full acceleration and traction control didn't turn on at all. I have no idea what replacing the DU did to stop them from triggering the traction control and peeling out but I'm very happy because otherwise they are a good price and very quiet and smooth.